U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM

1,755 posts, read 629,918 times

Advertisements

Mistake #1... instead of doing downward facing dog, she should have learned upward facing cat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM

8,588 posts, read 5,964,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edvard View Post
It's a shame that precious medical resources were wasted on someone whom should have been left to the natural selection process
Which begs the question of just who will pay for all of medical care, surgeries, rehab, medications, on going treatment for all of the after effects that will haunt her for the rest of her life.
I'm not up to speed on the ins & outs of health insurance in Mexico, but something tells me someone else will be footing the bill for her dumb move. At the very least, she'll be in debt forever.

Old Yesterday, 11:30 PM

2,984 posts, read 2,791,448 times
They should take lots of before and after fall pictures to post along all balconies in multi family buildings.

This is what happens if you survive
Don't do yoga and take a dive

Old Today, 07:29 AM

3,388 posts, read 2,747,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Which begs the question of just who will pay for all of medical care, surgeries, rehab, medications, on going treatment for all of the after effects that will haunt her for the rest of her life.
I'm not up to speed on the ins & outs of health insurance in Mexico, but something tells me someone else will be footing the bill for her dumb move. At the very least, she'll be in debt forever.

Iím surprised the article doesnít include a gofundme account link.

Old Today, 08:57 AM

7,670 posts, read 4,582,370 times
Like most of y'all, I never made a stupid decision when I was in my 20s. Therefore, I have no sympathy for anyone who did LOL

Old Today, 12:22 PM

8,588 posts, read 5,964,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Like most of y'all, I never made a stupid decision when I was in my 20s. Therefore, I have no sympathy for anyone who did LOL
I'm sure we've all made mistakes and dumb moves at some point in our lives. But this, and other stunts like it, are just over the top stupid. People who harm themselves (or others) doing things like this deserve all the criticism they get IMO.

Old Today, 01:02 PM

52,575 posts, read 42,252,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
What an idiot. She broke over 100 bones. Should be years before she heals up.
Sad but she will never fully recover from that. Not even close.

Old Today, 01:04 PM

5,305 posts, read 1,046,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
This lady will write a book called Yoga Fall. The book will cover her incident and her 3 year recovery. It will be a best seller then a Netflix movie.
They will probably also race-bend and orientation-bend the movie version of her character.

Old Today, 01:04 PM

52,575 posts, read 42,252,195 times
Plenty of youtubers out there doing backflips and other crazy stunts on sheer cliffs etc.

The annual death rate for the wing-suit\base jumper extremists is also quite high. The guy that parachuted into the london olympics died it's like the extreme deep free divers.

Old Today, 01:14 PM

5,222 posts, read 2,406,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
I'm sure we've all made mistakes and dumb moves at some point in our lives. But this, and other stunts like it, are just over the top stupid. People who harm themselves (or others) doing things like this deserve all the criticism they get IMO.
I've sure made a lot of mistakes. Even made the national news, although my name was kept sub rosa due to 'ongoing investigations'. Long story but I wouldn't/couldn't/didn't hurt a fly, I was just the alibi ...

I also suffered the consequences but honestly, the whole time I KNEW I was gambling & I got away thousands of times & the one & only time they thought they caught me; the arresting officer was found guilty of misconduct.

You weigh the pros & the cons. I played with fire to be sure but one thing I wouldn't have done would be to play on a 6th floor balcony railing like it was playground equipment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events