Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 12:15 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times

Advertisements

Absolutely uncalled for to follow her out and assault her with intent to cause grievous injury or possibly even death.

Unhinged to say the least.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/pope...143324729.html

Quote:
An employee of a Popeyes outlet in Columbia, Tennessee, has been charged with aggravated assault after a video circulated on social media showing a woman being thrown to the ground outside the store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2019, 05:51 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,881,563 times
I saw this story on my phone and watched two videos, the first was the body slam, it was BRUTAL! Definitely worthy of arrest.

The second was earlier and her calling the worker (multiple time) the "N" word. From the limited footage I'd seen it looked the employee wasn't the only African American and the person filming that video says something along the line of (not a direct quote) "this isn't a place to use that word".

This reminds me of a local firearm dealer a few years ago. Someone came into the store and attempted to rob him, needless to say, it didn't go well for the robber.

She needed a lesson, that one cost dearly, both her and the employee.

Old 11-10-2019, 08:06 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,237,720 times
If she was 300 pounds she would be fine. He couldn’t body slam her.

Old 11-10-2019, 08:15 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,473,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
I saw this story on my phone and watched two videos, the first was the body slam, it was BRUTAL! Definitely worthy of arrest.

The second was earlier and her calling the worker (multiple time) the "N" word. From the limited footage I'd seen it looked the employee wasn't the only African American and the person filming that video says something along the line of (not a direct quote) "this isn't a place to use that word".

This reminds me of a local firearm dealer a few years ago. Someone came into the store and attempted to rob him, needless to say, it didn't go well for the robber.

NO! You don't teach an old lady a lesson by body slamming her for calling you a ******!

Yes, she was inappropriate in her speech. But those employees followed her outside like savages. Big Budda picks her up and slams her into the ground, and you call that a lesson learned?!

Good Lord, our nation is falling apart. There is no excuse for that attack. None.

Old 11-10-2019, 11:14 PM

1,159 posts, read 620,098 times
I literally just saw the video. What is wrong with Popeyes these days?!? Several different locations some crazy going on.

Very terrible. No need to be assault someone just because they are acting racist by using that word. Jail time for that person who hurt the lady.

Also, to the person above; you think what happened was okay and justified?!? You are crazy just like the guy who hurt the old person.

Old 11-10-2019, 11:34 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
You don't throw white-haired old ladies on the pavement and call it a "lesson they need to learn."

Old 11-10-2019, 11:45 PM

5,460 posts, read 8,180,020 times
Popeye's employees should never body slam customers. They should put them in inverted arm-trap three-quarter nelson sleeper holds, and when they lose consciousness, have security move them from the property.

Old 11-11-2019, 12:00 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,829,872 times
The old lady just won the ghetto lottery and will walk (or limp) away with a fortune.
Popeyes and their insurers will be the final victims.
The savage with no impulse control will receive a slap on the wrist.
Next (similar) story?

Old 11-11-2019, 03:13 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
You don't throw white-haired old ladies on the pavement and call it a "lesson they need to learn."
She's 55, which I don't consider old. Heck, I'm 54.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
The old lady just won the ghetto lottery and will walk (or limp) away with a fortune.
Popeyes and their insurers will be the final victims.
The savage with no impulse control will receive a slap on the wrist.
Next (similar) story?
Apparently he's fired; the other employees should also be fired. Hopefully he will do some sort of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post

I saw both videos too. Looked like she was the only white person. I didn't hear the N word, nor did I hear cracker which I've never heard an AA use since the 80's. You really can't understand anything being said because it sounded like every employee was screaming at her.

She deserves every dollar Popeye's pays her

Old 11-11-2019, 06:17 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Absolutely uncalled for to follow her out and assault her with intent to cause grievous injury or possibly even death.

Unhinged to say the least.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/pope...143324729.html
It's a chicken sandwich.

Wait until the fuss has died down and then try it.

Why anyone would want to hurt someone over a chicken sandwich is beyond me.

The massive hype shows shows how some people are just like sheep in terms of their mentality and outlook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events