U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 11:29 AM

2,926 posts, read 1,450,570 times

Advertisements

this is so sad. I have not really followed all the details but no matter I can imagine the fear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:44 AM

14,182 posts, read 21,043,200 times
Absolutely horrible horrible horrible.

Old Today, 01:10 PM

7,713 posts, read 3,227,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLisa83 View Post
The article said they didn't have an extinguisher. So no they didn't try anything.
The vessel would never have passed any USCG inspections without operational extinguishers! There may have been an internal fire suppression system, not stand alone tank type extinguishers (so one wouldn't have been visible to a casual observer).

Old Today, 01:24 PM

16,068 posts, read 15,279,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
The one crew member that did not escape was down in the bunk room, probably asleep at 3 a.m.
Apparently the sister of the woman mentioned in this article, who declined to give her last name.

California boat fire rescue suspended after no signs of other survivors; 20 bodies found, 14 still missing:
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...rnia-boat-fire

Old Today, 02:47 PM

8,240 posts, read 5,891,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
this is so sad. I have not really followed all the details but no matter I can imagine the fear.
Same here.

Old Today, 02:51 PM

5,501 posts, read 2,226,550 times
What the heck? So let me get this straight. 39 people were jammed on one small 75 foot boat. When the fire broke out the crew immediately abandoned ship and left the passengers trapped and possibly locked below deck.

Somebody is going to get charged big time for this. I guess I now know how to make money fast. Buy a little boat. Pack it with as many bunk beds as will fit, and start charging top dollar for scuba tours. Then just rake in the millions.

Old Today, 03:51 PM

16,009 posts, read 13,809,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
What the heck? So let me get this straight. 39 people were jammed on one small 75 foot boat. When the fire broke out the crew immediately abandoned ship and left the passengers trapped and possibly locked below deck.

Somebody is going to get charged big time for this. I guess I now know how to make money fast. Buy a little boat. Pack it with as many bunk beds as will fit, and start charging top dollar for scuba tours. Then just rake in the millions.
I have not read any details that would lead me to make any determination of liability.

A 75 foot boat is pretty big, and it can well accommodate 39 people, I think i read this one in particular can accommodate 46 or so people.

Old Today, 04:11 PM

24,839 posts, read 8,721,326 times
Quote:

Get your story straighter.

Old Today, 06:05 PM

5,030 posts, read 2,258,107 times
Quote:

There is so much ignorance in this post I do not know where to start.

Old Today, 06:07 PM

9,485 posts, read 8,491,335 times
Quote:

Again, the way boats are set up, crew quarters are in a different place than guest quarters. You cannot access guest from crew. It would have been much easier and quicker escape from crew quarters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or