Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2019, 05:02 AM

330 posts, read 178,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Would this apply to all fast food or is it specific to Popeyes in your opinion?
Depends on the demographics of the location.

I wouldn't mind going to one in Mount Airy, MD, but I'd avoid one in Wilmington, DE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2019, 05:49 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,134,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustratedintelligence View Post
Sounds a bit fabricated to me. The exchange might have started when they were told there weren't anymore sandwiches, but I'm betting things didn't actually escalate until the employees said or did something else unprofessional to anger those people. Of course they leave that part out, though.
I don't doubt for a minute that this was simply because they didn't get what they wanted, no escalation by the employees needed. Working in retail for thirty years I can tell you that some people can be violent aholes without any provocation whatsoever, all it takes is the word 'no'.
I've seen more than my share of hitting, spitting, throwing things and cursing, even had the cops called on me, although I've never seen anyone pull a gun when they didn't get their way, hopefully it stays that way!

Old 09-04-2019, 08:51 AM

1,168 posts, read 776,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
I don't doubt for a minute that this was simply because they didn't get what they wanted, no escalation by the employees needed. Working in retail for thirty years I can tell you that some people can be violent aholes without any provocation whatsoever, all it takes is the word 'no'.
I've seen more than my share of hitting, spitting, throwing things and cursing, even had the cops called on me, although I've never seen anyone pull a gun when they didn't get their way, hopefully it stays that way!
I also worked in retail (even in areas with a high crime demographic), and my experience has taught me that no group of five is going to threaten gun violence against a perfectly polite and professional employee who innocently tells them that there's no more food. People don't work that way.

I am 100% certain those Popeyes employees made the situation worse by having an attitude or going back and forth with the customers in an arguing match. But of course when the cops and media came, they play the poor little victim role and claim it was all over a sandwich. Now you say that there are people that don't need to be provoked, but let me analyze the situation and I bet I could tell you just where things took a wrong turn.

This article is nothing but fake news clickbait, and I know Popeyes is thrilled about allowing some people to think that their dry ass sandwiches are worth going to prison for

Old 09-04-2019, 09:02 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,134,864 times
Quote:
I am 100% certain those Popeyes employees made the situation worse by having an attitude or going back and forth with the customers in an arguing match. But of course when the cops and media came, they play the poor little victim role and claim it was all over a sandwich. Now you say that there are people that don't need to be provoked, but let me analyze the situation and I bet I could tell you just where things took a wrong turn.
Clickbait sure, what isn't with these types of stories. But I think we'll have to agree to disagree about the rest because IMO reasonable people would LEAVE when told the sandwich wasn't available, there wouldn't be an opportunity for arguing back and forth or employees 'getting an attitude' unless the customers decided to hang around and create that opportunity. What the heck is there to argue about when you're told there are no more sandwiches?

Old 09-04-2019, 09:06 AM

15,526 posts, read 10,495,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Would this apply to all fast food or is it specific to Popeyes in your opinion?
Not all fast food and maybe not all Popeyes. I just know the one by the airport and one by a teenage drag strip aren't very nice.

Old 09-04-2019, 10:30 AM

1,168 posts, read 776,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Clickbait sure, what isn't with these types of stories. But I think we'll have to agree to disagree about the rest because IMO reasonable people would LEAVE when told the sandwich wasn't available, there wouldn't be an opportunity for arguing back and forth or employees 'getting an attitude' unless the customers decided to hang around and create that opportunity. What the heck is there to argue about when you're told there are no more sandwiches?
I don't disagree. Leaving is exactly what I would have done if I was told they're out of product.

I'm not saying these customers weren't idiots, but I am always skeptical when the employees claim they didn't do anything to instigate a fight. Especially Popeyes where they have a lot of thugs behind the counter

Old 09-04-2019, 10:44 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,529,645 times
Like most chain restaurants Popeyes is okay at best they are not consistently good like Chick - Fil-A is.

Old 09-04-2019, 11:51 AM

2,001 posts, read 2,512,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delunsa View Post
Houston:
https://6abc.com/group-with-gun-dema...iches/5510328/

How good ARE these sandwiches??
it is interesting to me we are talking about the chicken instead of talking about guns!

Old 09-04-2019, 12:39 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,474,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Like most chain restaurants Popeyes is okay at best they are not consistently good like Chick - Fil-A is.
I like them both. I don't live near either, so I only stop by when I make a trip out of town. Alas, that often ends up being on a Sunday, when CFA is closed.

Old 09-04-2019, 12:55 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,891,915 times
Quote:
I also worked in retail (even in areas with a high crime demographic), and my experience has taught me that no group of five is going to threaten gun violence against a perfectly polite and professional employee who innocently tells them that there's no more food. People don't work that way.

This article is nothing but fake news clickbait, and I know Popeyes is thrilled about allowing some people to think that their dry ass sandwiches are worth going to prison for
You seriously have no experience or knowledge with the wretched, violent and unprovoked behavior exhibited by some members of society on the rest of us? Nice work blaming the victims here. Call out such behavior for what it is and lock up those people for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events