U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM

32,590 posts, read 20,524,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I thought it was pretty funny, too, but I just felt bad acknowledging it, given the subject matter (not judging City Guy, though. ).
Me too. It was a funny comment.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM

787 posts, read 194,499 times
Don’t kids take vitamins anymore?

I had terrible, abusive parents, and there was never any decent food in the house. But, strangely, they always bought multi-vitamins, which I took daily.

I was an attentive parent, and my kids also took multi-vitamins, at the recommendation of the pediatrician and because of my own childhood experience.

Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM

22,580 posts, read 14,837,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Are you sure this 17 year old boy didn't go blind from something else?
All we have is the news story. Feel free to do your own research on this. Iíd be interested in what you find.

Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM

719 posts, read 525,572 times
This video just came out and does a full in depth analysis on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VINtwoyaF_8

Old Yesterday, 11:54 PM

774 posts, read 232,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Are you sure this 17 year old boy didn't go blind from something else?
It took a while, but I finally found someone who's meaner than I am (and funnier).
Glad to meetcha.

Old Today, 12:47 AM

20,254 posts, read 19,251,895 times
What an idiot that guy must be. Wouldn't eat food because of the texture? And the parents allowed this. He has the brains to know that he needed to see a dr but not the brains to know that people need food. Our parents, teachers, everyone tells us to eat. Yet this guy never got the memo.

Old Today, 07:47 AM

5,252 posts, read 2,423,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I haven't read the study but I wonder if something else was going on here--autism, mental illness, neglect, etc. At least the kid could have been taking vitamins.
That's what I wondered too; I struggle with my autistic son's highly restricted & rigid food preferences. It's not a taste issue; it's a sensory processing issue where he can't swallow certain textures of food.

I get around it with no-pulp juice & gummy vitamins but it makes taking medications very difficult. Most liquid meds come in pediatric doses & he's 6'3" & 230 at age 15, so sometimes he has to have antibiotic shots. I remember on the movie about Temple Grandin, how she ate nothing but jello & yogurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events