U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 09:44 AM

4,881 posts, read 6,864,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
round and round and round we go . . .

If he had noticed she had passed out. She was lying down. How long would it take a very drunk man to notice a person lying down has passed out?

If it was consensual, which I don't think it was, why did he run away when the swedes found them? lol

I don't run from people if I am doing something I am allowed to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2019, 12:44 PM

87 posts, read 24,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
She is going to set herself up for criticism about the timing of releasing her name in conjunction with the sale of her book...

This right here is what i am thinking too.
Not to invalidate her claims but for her to NOW come out with her name and face while selling a book won't stop the naysayers, they may actually grow. Some people will sympathize and she'll pick up a few new fans however, folks will take any emotion and whatever stuff that she says and just say "She's sentaionalizing it for her book. She is lying to sell her book. Ignore her. She's selling a book" and they'' just do this "" to her.

Now if she just came out first and talked and then by next year or so came out with a book on this then ok. If she had written a book on something else and it sold well and THEN she came out to the world and admitted she was the person then ok but....i don't like this way either becauase if this situation really is genuine as it seems then it gets shaded over with $$$$ image of her.

Old 09-30-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
We don't need to know her name. Go sit down, lady, this awful incident of the two of you behaving like animals has done enough damage.

(roaring clap. Stadium clap)

Why do millions-billions of stangers need to know who she is? Why can't-..(sigh)

Old 09-30-2019, 01:56 PM

1,129 posts, read 401,660 times
Quote:
I do think she consented, until she passed out.

So there's really no "apparently" about it, that's what I've stated all along.

And I don't fault a partner, who is younger and drunker than she is, for not quickly noticing she had passed out during this extremely vulgar make out session on the ground at a fraternity party.

NOTE: I have asked, multiple times, for anyone who thinks this was not consensual behavior, to explain how she got where she was, and have gotten zero responses from the rape criers. Do you think he carried her there, unconscious, from the party? Do you think he was walking around the grounds, and happened upon her there, noting that she was unconscious and laying on the ground, and began fingering her?

I'll buy lunch for anyone who will answer this. So far, no takers. Not one single poster that I've seen has described how they think she could have gotten where she was, if she didn't consent to be there. With him. While she was conscious.
Why does it matter how she got to the dumpster? Are you saying that if she walked outside with him that constitutes consent? I do not understand your logic.

The police report stated that Brock smelled of alcohol when the police originally spoke with him. The policeman also stated that Brock fully understood the conversation they were having and he was responsive to their questions. Other police also stated that Brock did not appear drunk when he was at the police station. This was over the course of an hour or so.

Brock told several stories as to what happened. The Swedes told the same story. Upon first sight, they thought they were observing a couple "hooking up." As they rode closer to the scene, they noticed he was humping her and she was not moving. The situation continue to appear strange as they got even closer. At that point, they believed she was unconscious and being raped by the assailant. When they approached the couple, Brock took off running.

The police were called to the scene. The Swedes held Brock until they arrived. Brock told the policeman that he was hooking up with the girl and he was in the process of leaving when the Swedes approached him. The victim was found unconscious and her lower half completely exposed. She had bruises and abrasions.

Read the police report. Brock was charged based on the observations of eye witnesses, the condition of the woman, and Brock's behavior at that time. He was convicted of sexual assault.

I guess everyone is lying but Brock? The police? The eye witnesses?

Old 09-30-2019, 02:17 PM

15,624 posts, read 8,942,296 times
Quote:
I do think she consented, until she passed out.

So there's really no "apparently" about it, that's what I've stated all along.

And I don't fault a partner, who is younger and drunker than she is, for not quickly noticing she had passed out during this extremely vulgar make out session on the ground at a fraternity party.

NOTE: I have asked, multiple times, for anyone who thinks this was not consensual behavior, to explain how she got where she was, and have gotten zero responses from the rape criers. Do you think he carried her there, unconscious, from the party? Do you think he was walking around the grounds, and happened upon her there, noting that she was unconscious and laying on the ground, and began fingering her?

I'll buy lunch for anyone who will answer this. So far, no takers. Not one single poster that I've seen has described how they think she could have gotten where she was, if she didn't consent to be there. With him. While she was conscious.
I don't care how she got there - sure, she likely consented legally to go back there. So what? That gives the guy full freedom to do anything after that, even when she passed out? Consent is not one-and-done.

I know others have addressed this point - what don't you get? That she got what she deserved if she stumbled her way back there? Really? Oh - I don't want your lunch but thanks anyway.

Old 09-30-2019, 07:01 PM

11,279 posts, read 4,609,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
If it was consensual, which I don't think it was, why did he run away when the swedes found them? lol

I don't run from people if I am doing something I am allowed to do.
Really. You're naked, on the ground, having some kind of sexual interaction with a woman you don't know, and you're extremely drunk.

This is not like a man having sex with his beloved girlfriend, out in nature, who he'd try to shield and protect and not jump up and run off.

These two were doing something embarrassing, and vulgar. Neither of them would be happy to be caught doing this.

Not unlike, actually, if you were pooping in the woods off a trail and a couple cute girls happened up and looked your way, SVT.

Would you just wave at them and smile?

Old 09-30-2019, 07:51 PM

11,279 posts, read 4,609,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I don't care how she got there - sure, she likely consented legally to go back there. So what? That gives the guy full freedom to do anything after that, even when she passed out? Consent is not one-and-done.

I know others have addressed this point - what don't you get? That she got what she deserved if she stumbled her way back there? Really? Oh - I don't want your lunch but thanks anyway.
I didn't actually intend to buy lunch, maybe you missed that nuance.

No one is saying "she got what she deserved", but rather, she indicated she was interested in sex and he didn't notice that while she was flat on her back behind a dumpster, she had passed out.

And just to be clear, I've never heard someone say well, "she got what she deserved" when it came to a drunk session of fingering. *shrug*

Old 09-30-2019, 09:27 PM

54 posts, read 11,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGWS View Post
He claimed he was in the process of leaving her when the Swedes approached him. He was leaving a partially naked, unconscious woman to fend for herself??! That is probably a crime in and of itself.
He is a real class act.
Leaving her there in a vulnerable situation was just horrible. Even if she had consented, this was not the act of a gentleman.

I also wonder if an abduction charge would apply if he took a drunk woman out somewhere for the purpose to rape her.

Old 10-01-2019, 12:32 AM

4,881 posts, read 6,864,916 times
Quote:
Really. You're naked, on the ground, having some kind of sexual interaction with a woman you don't know, and you're extremely drunk.

This is not like a man having sex with his beloved girlfriend, out in nature, who he'd try to shield and protect and not jump up and run off.

These two were doing something embarrassing, and vulgar. Neither of them would be happy to be caught doing this.

Not unlike, actually, if you were pooping in the woods off a trail and a couple cute girls happened up and looked your way, SVT.

Would you just wave at them and smile?
Actually I would smile and wave, probably make a joke out of it too.

Why is sex vulgar? rape is vulgar but not consensual sex imo.

You must have had some crazy dates in your life if you think what he did is normal and okay. smh

Old 10-01-2019, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Great example of why shouldn't drink to the point where passed out. The world ins't fair always be Broke Turner's around. Does that give him a pass no he should get the same as anyone else the idea that a white rich college kid gets light sentence is wrong.

Yep. Cause Robbery could've happened. Wild animal, weather, just about anything could've harmed her.

I think what gets people riled up the most with stories like these is because the accuser also did herself wrong by putting herself in a vulnerable state. That's what i believe is the key part when you hear any of these accusers stories you hear how they women allowed themselves and put themselves in harms way. Even if not sexual wrongdoing but any other kind of wrong doing period. And there is no acknowledgement of that behavior being admitted by the accuser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events