U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 11:47 AM

6,710 posts, read 3,145,348 times

Advertisements

And yet....the victim is to remain silent.
The chap serves three months....she serves a higher purpose.
To give her credence just ires the folks who justify this man's poor judgment and actions.

On the negative side...this could be a ploy conjured by the metoo# group that has lost some impact as time has gone by. That part does seem plausible.

On the positive..she is an adult and choosing to write out her pain . Last I knew the freedom to write is still available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2019, 01:39 PM

15,628 posts, read 8,952,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I didn't actually intend to buy lunch, maybe you missed that nuance.

No one is saying "she got what she deserved", but rather, she indicated she was interested in sex and he didn't notice that while she was flat on her back behind a dumpster, she had passed out.

And just to be clear, I've never heard someone say well, "she got what she deserved" when it came to a drunk session of fingering. *shrug*
Then why are you belaboring the point in time at which she may have first (and legally) consented as though anything that happened after didn't matter.

It's clear you think they are both vulgar animals - another thing you are harping on - is there some legal point about behaving as animals?

Old 10-01-2019, 01:39 PM

1 posts, read 214 times
Decisions, observations and clear thinking canít be expected while intoxicated. A given.

Millers discovery by witnesses fortunate in more than one way. We can only speculate at what point she lapsed into unconsciousness. Miller doesnít remember, neither does Turner.

Bottom line, alcohol never lessens responsibility. It never will. Be it driving under the influence; whats deemed as sexual assault when a partner known or unknown lapses into unconsciousness or any other number of crimes perpetrated during intoxication.

Old 10-04-2019, 12:29 PM

6,519 posts, read 6,621,433 times
I canít believe all this victim blaming on this thread. Itís horrific and I hope no one has to go through a sexual assault. This is why so many many victims of either sex do not come forward. This is why some people feel shame and responsible in some way for the assault and end up turning to drugs or self harm. Geez... Rape culture is alive and well on CD

Old 10-09-2019, 04:37 PM

8 posts, read 454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlaKK View Post
Yep. Cause Robbery could've happened. Wild animal, weather, just about anything could've harmed her.

I think what gets people riled up the most with stories like these is because the accuser also did herself wrong by putting herself in a vulnerable state. That's what i believe is the key part when you hear any of these accusers stories you hear how they women allowed themselves and put themselves in harms way. Even if not sexual wrongdoing but any other kind of wrong doing period. And there is no acknowledgement of that behavior being admitted by the accuser.
God, that is so true. NEVER do you hear one of these so-called "victims" say "Well, I really shouldn't have drunk so much", "I really shouldn't have agreed to go alone to his hotel/dorm room", "I really shouldn't have been naked in bed with him"... Nope, they're always just a victim. They take ZERO responsibility for their own behavior.

Old 10-09-2019, 08:26 PM

15,628 posts, read 8,952,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandedforlife View Post
God, that is so true. NEVER do you hear one of these so-called "victims" say "Well, I really shouldn't have drunk so much", "I really shouldn't have agreed to go alone to his hotel/dorm room", "I really shouldn't have been naked in bed with him"... Nope, they're always just a victim. They take ZERO responsibility for their own behavior.
Because she's guilty of being stupid? What would satisfy you? If the woman says she is 10% responsible? 25%? 49%? Naaaaahhhhh - you wouldn't accept anything less than 50%, but the truth is what you'd really like is her to be held 75% responsible because she's a temptress in a vulnerable state - talk about entrapment - what red-blooded male could possibly resist? SHE should be the one in jail, that Jezebel!

Old 10-09-2019, 10:35 PM

8 posts, read 454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Because she's guilty of being stupid? What would satisfy you? If the woman says she is 10% responsible? 25%? 49%? Naaaaahhhhh - you wouldn't accept anything less than 50%, but the truth is what you'd really like is her to be held 75% responsible because she's a temptress in a vulnerable state - talk about entrapment - what red-blooded male could possibly resist? SHE should be the one in jail, that Jezebel!
Whooaa... calm down, please. I've been lurking for a while, and a lot of the points made on this thread make sense to me. Chanel was guilty of making a number of poor choices that night, as was Brock. They were two drunk college kids hooking up. The difference is this: Brock is now a convicted felon and registered sex offender. His life has been destroyed. Chanel is being hailed as a "hero" to girls everywhere. She could've simply said "I was blacked out drunk, so I have no idea if I consented or not. I may have. I honestly have no memory of what happened". That would've been the truth. Instead, she chose to be a victim. And of course, every victim needs a villain.

Old 10-10-2019, 10:08 AM

1,131 posts, read 402,536 times
Quote:
Whooaa... calm down, please. I've been lurking for a while, and a lot of the points made on this thread make sense to me. Chanel was guilty of making a number of poor choices that night, as was Brock. They were two drunk college kids hooking up. The difference is this: Brock is now a convicted felon and registered sex offender. His life has been destroyed. Chanel is being hailed as a "hero" to girls everywhere. She could've simply said "I was blacked out drunk, so I have no idea if I consented or not. I may have. I honestly have no memory of what happened". That would've been the truth. Instead, she chose to be a victim. And of course, every victim needs a villain.
She is a hero to girls everywhere?? I doubt it.

What makes you think it was consensual sex? Because Brock said so? I guess his conviction is meaningless? You know, the conviction based on the facts of the case, eye witness testimony, physical evidence, and condition of the victim. The police, the judge, and the jury did not agree with your assessment of the situation. The Appeals Court did not overturn his conviction.

I guess everyone is a liar, except Brock. His life is destroyed. BooHoo!! He has nobody to blame but himself. He was not so drunk that he was unaware of what was going on. This is indicated in the police report and eyewitness testimony from cops at the police station - he smelled of alcohol, but did not appear drunk.

Being black out drunk is not a crime (Ms Miller). Putting yourself in a vulnerable position is not a crime (Ms. Miller). Sexually assaulting someone who is incapacitated is a crime (Mr. Turner).

READ THE POLICE REPORT. READ THE COURT TRANSCRIPTS.

How do you know what level of personal responsibility Ms Miller takes of the situation? You do not think she knows her drunkenness was a contributing factor to her victimization? Of course, we know that predators look for prey. It is important that we act prudently in life to avoid disgusting predators looking to take advantage of the weak and vulnerable.

Old 10-10-2019, 10:34 AM

952 posts, read 349,208 times
Just gonna drop these here, as some need to see them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp6alIALDHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0L4V5BWITM

Old 10-10-2019, 11:50 AM

16,394 posts, read 15,502,888 times
Quote:
NEVER do you hear one of these so-called "victims" say "Well, I really shouldn't have drunk so much",
But she did say that.

"I planned to stay at home by myself, watch some TV and read, while she (her sister) went to a party with her friends. Then, I decided it was my only night with her, I had nothing better to do, so why not, thereís a dumb party ten minutes from my house, I would go, dance like a fool, and embarrass my younger sister. On the way there, I joked that undergrad guys would have braces. My sister teased me for wearing a beige cardigan to a frat party like a librarian. I called myself ďbig mamaĒ, because I knew I'd be the oldest one there. I made silly faces, let my guard down, and drank liquor too fast not factoring in that my tolerance had significantly lowered since college."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events