Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2019, 03:17 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,540,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It's actually quite clear. IF there is any doubt - don't have sex.

I've been under the influence of everything under the sun. At no time did I molest an unconscious stranger.
How you respond to drugs is irrelevant. And the facts suggest she was awake when they arrived there together. Can you tell us when she passed out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Because remembering everything that took place and being able to articulate why you were laughing when apprehended shows attention to detail and a sense of awareness, which is not something that I'd expect someone who was so impaired as to not know right from wrong to have.
Again, one does not have to black out to be intoxicated and exercise poor judgment.

And where did you read he was laughing when apprehended?

Quote:
And what I would do is relevant as I don't think I'm out of the norm in this. The standard is how a reasonable person would respond. Not how he responded.
It is irrelevant because how you function under the influence is not the same for everyone. And how did you conclude that drunk people are reasonable?

Old 09-06-2019, 04:59 PM

50 posts, read 25,923 times
It can be hard to stay relevant and keep a rape hoax going while still remaining anonymous. I guess "Emily" or her handlers figured that out. Of course, she'll be hailed as brave and heroic for revealing herself. It has nothing to do with book sales...

This entire case was a joke from the beginning. All of the facts that didn't fit the narrative were thrown aside. It was 2 drunk college kids fooling around...She was too ashamed to explain to her friends, her family, and especially her boyfriend why she made the choices she made. Much easier to just play the victim, no matter the cost to so many other people.

Old 09-06-2019, 05:08 PM

50 posts, read 25,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
How you respond to drugs is irrelevant. And the facts suggest she was awake when they arrived there together. Can you tell us when she passed out?
I'd rep you a thousand times if I could. Your insight on this is heartening, and your contribution to this thread has been incredible. Thank you, truly.

Old 09-06-2019, 05:16 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatIfigured View Post
It can be hard to stay relevant and keep a rape hoax going while still remaining anonymous. I guess "Emily" or her handlers figured that out. Of course, she'll be hailed as brave and heroic for revealing herself. It has nothing to do with book sales...

This entire case was a joke from the beginning. All of the facts that didn't fit the narrative were thrown aside. It was 2 drunk college kids fooling around...She was too ashamed to explain to her friends, her family, and especially her boyfriend why she made the choices she made. Much easier to just play the victim, no matter the cost to so many other people.
She was never anonymous. The entire college town knew who she was. And their friends and their friends, etc.

You have no idea if your fantasy is what really happened. None. Zip; zero; zilch.

Old 09-06-2019, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effielin View Post
The responses supportive of the rapist in this thread are disgusting. Just disgusting.
I've seen no one support rape.

Old 09-06-2019, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatIfigured View Post
I'd rep you a thousand times if I could. Your insight on this is heartening, and your contribution to this thread has been incredible. Thank you, truly.
Thank YOU. We are in the minority, unfortunately.

Old 09-06-2019, 05:33 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,548 times
Quote:
Has this been your experience? If so, it's just your experience.

No thankfully I’ve never been in that position. However over the years this type of incident has happened quite a few times, and it’s almost always the guy who though supposedly drunk and incapacitated manages to do sexual things with the woman. They always seem to be able to something.

Quote:
Again, one does not have to black out to be intoxicated and exercise poor judgment.

And where did you read he was laughing when apprehended?

In the Wikipedia article it mentioned that the two witnesses who apprehended Turner while he was running away , they reported he was laughing when they caught him and asked him what he was doing.

Old 09-06-2019, 05:47 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,355,663 times
Quote:
Here are some actual facts for you to cherry pick.

http://documents.latimes.com/stanford-brock-turner/

Brock Turner Appeal
Quote:
I haven't missed anything. I am well acquainted with the legal definition of consent. He said he had consent. He said if he had known she was passed out he would have called for help. Whether you believe that or not doesn't change the fact that law ALSO says he must be aware she passed out in order for it to be a crime. Can you tell us when she passed out and if/when he knew?
Yeah...I looked over the documents you provided but I'd not call it cherry picking. It's not like we have to believe him or her solely....there were passersby who from a distance thought the situation looked funny and that she wasn't moving - that's why they stopped in the first place. The police officer noted that she was completely unresponsive...and somehow Turner who was lying right on top of her and thrusting somehow wasn't aware that she was passed out? NOT PLAUSIBLE. Doesn't matter what he said when all the surrounding evidence contradicts his statement. If he was so innocent why did he run away...scared little boy? All this and more points to what the situation actually was.

People who are murdered can't testify and yet SOMEHOW people are convicted of murder even WITHOUT witnesses but through other evidence. So quit harping on what little Turner said or didn't say. Let's look at what disinterested parties observed and what a trained police officer observed. Oh, and yeah, let's look at the decision made by the court - because they had access to all this evidence - he WAS guilty even though the sentence given was too light.

Old 09-06-2019, 05:49 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,548 times
I will say this that after reading more about this case it seems as if this guy is and has been vilified more than if he had murdered her. He didn’t get any sex to speak of and he’s a sex offender for life. He and his parents received death threats and hate mail and now her making the circuit and publishing a book will dredge everything up all over again. He can’t set foot on any campus lest he be outed as the rapist from CA. There’s really violent rapists out there who never generated the amount of animosity this guys received. I wonder why that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events