Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2019, 06:57 AM

35,508 posts, read 17,765,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrcollie View Post
I do not understand the vitriol aimed at the female victim. The rape was initially reported by two swedish men on bikes so if you posters are upset about what you deem as unfair accusations, why not start with these two men? Why aim all the vitriol at this young woman for "ruining Brock's life." Do you think she could have stopped him in her unconscious state from doing what he did, or possibly you believe she should have pled with the judge and jury to spare him? Did you know that criminal cases are brought by the state, not the victim?
This case is so full of shades of grey.

But NO ONE is blaming the two men on bicycles. No one. They were riding by, and saw what they saw, and were shocked and came to her aid. They are completely blameless, and in fact, heroes. Even if what they believed they were seeing (full on sex) is not what was actually occurring. These two men are heroes, and they should serve as a model for other people's behavior.

And I never felt "vitriol" for Chanel Miller, until she came out with this book where it's her goal to have everyone in the public "know her name". We don't need to know her name. Go sit down, lady, this awful incident of the two of you behaving like animals has done enough damage.

And as I recall, she did actually ask the prosecutor to go lightly on him.

She's changed her tune, now, and seems to be basking in this me too spotlight, which, in my opinion, is wrongly aimed at her.

(For those who don't know how fast a very drunk woman can go from functioning to unconscious, let me offer this. I know a woman who had been a single mom of teenagers 10 years ago, who drank herself to oblivion when she went out with her women friends. The teens were worried to death about her. One night she went out and came home at 1, careening in the driveway and narrowly missed hitting one of the cars parked there. The daughter had been pacing, worried, and ran out to greet her mom in the driveway, the car was still running. The mom was unconscious in the car, and had to be carried in the house by the teenage son. THAT'S how fast it can happen. That's how fast Chanel Miller could have gone from responding sexually, to unconscious, when the bicyclists happened upon the scene. And there is no way I'd hold one of them - the man - responsible for this vulgar behavior when BOTH of them were engaged in it).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 10:41 AM

978 posts, read 595,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Just because a judge is a woman doesn't mean she's going to look out for female victims. Same for minority judges. My rapist was black and part of the reason he got away with it, other than being a government employee, was that he is black. Instead, people insisted I was complaining about it because I am a racist and that I was "lucky to have him." I had been a virgin and still a child when my future was stolen from me.
I am incredibly sorry this happened to you! I wish you well.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:57 AM

6,288 posts, read 2,842,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This case is so full of shades of grey.

But NO ONE is blaming the two men on bicycles. No one. They were riding by, and saw what they saw, and were shocked and came to her aid. They are completely blameless, and in fact, heroes. Even if what they believed they were seeing (full on sex) is not what was actually occurring. These two men are heroes, and they should serve as a model for other people's behavior.
I blame them. They acted like vigilantes. They immediately jumped to the conclusion that Turner was raping a woman. One even yelled "You raped her" over and over. Then one physically attacked Turner. I put them right up there with George Zimmerman who saw a black kid in a white neighborhood and assumed that he was a criminal. They weren't law enforcement officers and they shouldn't have acted like they were.

Old 09-08-2019, 12:54 PM

6,916 posts, read 3,910,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
That's totally false. Rape is lack of consent, not lack of sexual pleasure. And just because you don't like fingering doesn't mean others don't It's a common form of foreplay.

Are you a woman or a man? Because if you are the latter - FYI, it may be a common form of foreplay but it has to be done the RIGHT WAY or it is very painful and a complete turnoff. I'd end the encounter right then and there with no second chances if a guy showed me he has no clue how to handle the most sensitive part of a women's body.

Old 09-08-2019, 04:53 PM

1,485 posts, read 949,157 times
Quote:
Touche.

But yes, changes need to be made in preparing the rape exam kit, point taken.
Does the rape exam include a polygraph exam also? If not it should.

Old 09-08-2019, 05:07 PM

35,508 posts, read 17,765,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
Well, if you report that your house is broken into, and cops come to take fingerprints and footprints and gather other forensics, would you have to undergo a polygraph at that time?

This is the same thing.

Old 09-08-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately polygraphs are extremely unreliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Are you a woman or a man? Because if you are the latter - FYI, it may be a common form of foreplay but it has to be done the RIGHT WAY or it is very painful and a complete turnoff. I'd end the encounter right then and there with no second chances if a guy showed me he has no clue how to handle the most sensitive part of a women's body.
Again - that's you not all woman. I just googled a study:
Quote:
In total 51% of participants reported engaging in at least one masochistic act before, defined as an experience in which an individual derived pleasure from having pain inflicted on them during sex.
https://www.lehmiller.com/blog/2014/...-and-masochism
But this is really way off topic. I was talking about consent in my post.

Last edited by mascoma; 09-08-2019 at 05:32 PM..

Old 09-08-2019, 05:29 PM

609 posts, read 261,773 times
Quote:
Do you realize the female victim in this case was not even the first person to report this attack??? There were two witnesses who reported it...do you think they should be given polygraphs also??? They did not even know the victim, so what was their motivation to lie about what they saw?

Old 09-08-2019, 05:32 PM

609 posts, read 261,773 times
Quote:
Turner has been completely thrown under the bus, and few seem to care. .
He laid in front of the bus.

Old 09-08-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrcollie View Post
He laid in front of the bus.
In a way he did. He doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed. That doesn't mean the bus has the right to run over him. He was just a stupid horny insensitive alcoholic teen. He didn't need to be a convicted felon on the sex offender registry for life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events