U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2019, 02:55 PM

27,740 posts, read 19,448,850 times

Advertisements

seemingly nutty vegan named cilla garden sues her neighbors because of the smell of meat and fish they were grilling. she lost, appealed to the supreme court, they rejected it.

then,

Thousands to attend BBQ outside home of vegan who sued neighbors over smelly meats
Quote:
Now more than 3,000 people are planning to attend a cookout outside her Perth home, organized on a Facebook page called “Community BBQ for Cilla Carden.”

“Don’t let Cilla destroy a good old Aussie tradition, join us for a community BBQ, and help Cilla Carden GET SOME PORK ON HER FORK,” the event description reads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2019, 05:56 PM

2,841 posts, read 2,292,745 times
I’m a vegan and leave if my neighbors have a bbq. I don’t know about suing anyone but mesquite in particular makes me sick.

I may not agree with her lawsuit but tormenting her about getting some “pork on her fork” is asinine.

I have a scent lamp that I burn to get rid of the smell.

Old Yesterday, 10:55 AM

13,809 posts, read 12,912,753 times
I hope Silly Cilla enjoys the bbq!

Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM

2,841 posts, read 2,292,745 times
Her lawsuit was unsuccessful, so everybody should act like adults. Take your toys and go home !

Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM

7,175 posts, read 2,591,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
Her lawsuit was unsuccessful, so everybody should act like adults. Take your toys and go home !

I agree that it's not cool to torment her. But expected? Yeah...probably should be.

I gotta wonder though, who wants 3000 strangers showing up in your yard for a BBQ? Or even on your street? Even if I were the BBQer being sued, I don't think I want 3000 strangers showing up on my property to 'support me'. lol

And then I think "Someone out of that crowd of people is going to get ignorant with Ms. Carden, and I wouldn't want that, and I wouldn't want to intentionally provoke or make her uncomfortable just for pettiness." That's just cruel, it seems to me.

Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM

41,719 posts, read 3,180,567 times
Whatever happened to tolerance? That sounds like crowd bullying to me.

Old Yesterday, 01:48 PM

16,039 posts, read 13,828,443 times
Quote:
I’m a vegan and leave if my neighbors have a bbq. I don’t know about suing anyone but mesquite in particular makes me sick.

I may not agree with her lawsuit but tormenting her about getting some “pork on her fork” is asinine.

Why it make you sick? It just a plant.

Old Yesterday, 01:51 PM

7,175 posts, read 2,591,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Whatever happened to tolerance? That sounds like crowd bullying to me.

Well, in fairness, tolerance goes both ways. And Ms. Carden wasn't very tolerant of the BBqing and smoking by people in their own yards. So much so, she sued them.

But I would think 3000 people showing up to harass her is just cruel. I hope for her sake, she just leaves town for the weekend, and maybe ask the police to check on her property throughout that day.

Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM

21,972 posts, read 14,584,132 times
Quote:

Agreed, it seems these rednecks can act like Americans too.

Perth, where the men are men, and the sheep are scared.

A lawsuit was pretty ridiculous, as is this mass BBQ.

Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM

36,572 posts, read 10,833,111 times
That is just wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events