U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-07-2019, 07:33 AM
 
3,955 posts, read 2,060,846 times
Reputation: 18926

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Some people appear to be simply missing a gene that makes them bond with animals, that most of us have. I donít have a gene for bonding with babies. It doesnít make me superior or more rational than people who have babies and have that gene that makes them love babies. It just means I donít feel what they feel. Therefore I canít understand what they feel. The difference is I donít feel the need to judge it just because I donít understand it.

The poster complaining about quality-of-life etc. however itís just ridiculous. Iím pretty sure these posters complain about just about everything. If you look at their posting history I am going to guess itís a whole lot of complaints about a whole lot of things.

This post is the most ridiculous, but entertaining thing I've read all week.

 
Old 09-07-2019, 07:44 AM
 
Location: A safe distance from San Francisco
8,849 posts, read 6,280,214 times
Reputation: 8931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
This post is the most ridiculous, but entertaining thing I've read all week.
Thank you....I owe you a rep.
 
Old 09-07-2019, 08:05 AM
 
868 posts, read 240,696 times
Reputation: 2278
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Why would someone have 5!!! Dogs?
RIP, beautiful- so sad to see you go...
 
Old 09-07-2019, 08:20 AM
 
Location: A Yankee in northeast TN
10,823 posts, read 14,583,931 times
Reputation: 24311
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Typically....you haven't given an ounce of thought to what you just said.

Yeah, dogs are wonderful animals....if only you make the major investment of time and effort to prevent them from being bad. To prevent them from being themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Itís not the dogs fault, itís the low IQ owners.
I swear....if I see this garbage one more time....
Sure, a dogs natural instinct is to be part of a pack, and to hunt. And if the SHTF scenario ever comes about feral dogs will probably become a major threat. However that doesn't make dogs BAD, unless you mean bad in the same way that people are bad.
In this particular instance I don't think you can say it's the dogs' fault for doing what dogs do. It is their owners fault for not training and containing their dogs properly. The 'major investment of time and effort to prevent them from being bad' is part and parcel of being a responsible dog owner. If done properly dogs can be useful, either as work animals or as pets. These weren't feral dogs, they were only 'bad' because their owners were irresponsible.
 
Old 09-07-2019, 08:24 AM
 
Location: Northern Virginia
967 posts, read 337,942 times
Reputation: 2322
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
So you are for the extermination of all dogs due to the behavior of a small percentage? That was clearly your message in a previous post. Would that apply to young African American males as well? How about cars, should we ban them due to accidents that can happen on rare occasions?

I may have to research your post history to see if you are as bat schitt crazy as this opinion is.
This forum is big enough to have pretty much all sorts including the type of folks who you may rarely encounter in every day life as theyíd normally keep their weirdness concealed from strangers. Crazy dog-hating cranks are just one of those things, same as crazy cat ladies which you also find on here. Hey its the internet, people let their freak flag fly proudly.
 
Old 09-07-2019, 08:28 AM
 
Location: Olympia area (for now)
1,582 posts, read 588,581 times
Reputation: 3228
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I swear....if I see this garbage one more time....
Again, it’s not the dogs fault. If these low life’s had bothered to train their dogs, this girl would almost certainly still be alive. Humans are responsible for their dogs behavior. Well trained dogs would not have attacked and I’d bet none of these dogs were fixed either. It’s hard to understand why people don’t want to take personal responsibility for what their animals and even kids do. I’m sure the owners had plenty of time to visit the pot and liquor stores, but no time to train their dogs or to make sure the dogs were in a secure place and couldn’t get out. Dogs can be good citizens, but it’s up to the owner to make that happen.
 
Old 09-07-2019, 08:42 AM
 
Location: SW Florida
10,903 posts, read 5,109,782 times
Reputation: 22681
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
How come we can rid America of malaria, but not dogs?
We don't need to rid America of dogs, we need to rid America of ignorant, stupid, inconsiderate dog OWNERS.
 
Old 09-07-2019, 08:52 AM
 
Location: SW Florida
10,903 posts, read 5,109,782 times
Reputation: 22681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
How sad, she was really pretty
Would it have been less sad if she had been ugly? I don't understand it when people say stuff like "what a tragedy, he was so handsome" like only unattractive people should die.
 
Old 09-07-2019, 08:53 AM
 
Location: A safe distance from San Francisco
8,849 posts, read 6,280,214 times
Reputation: 8931
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
So you are for the extermination of all dogs due to the behavior of a small percentage? That was clearly your message in a previous post. Would that apply to young African American males as well? How about cars, should we ban them due to accidents that can happen on rare occasions?

I may have to research your post history to see if you are as bat schitt crazy as this opinion is.
Your reading comprehension needs work. Learn the meaning of the word these. Then on to African American males? Whose bat schitt crazy here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
This forum is big enough to have pretty much all sorts including the type of folks who you may rarely encounter in every day life as theyíd normally keep their weirdness concealed from strangers. Crazy dog-hating cranks are just one of those things, same as crazy cat ladies which you also find on here. Hey its the internet, people let their freak flag fly proudly.
^ Exhibit A.

Don't look now, but you're actually outnumbered here. People have had quite enough of the havoc you advocate and the threat you perpetuate.

My community doesn't tolerate your anti-social attitude. Some day you will find sanctuary difficult to find. Henceforth, of course, you will be ignored.
 
Old 09-07-2019, 09:03 AM
 
Location: SWFL
23,147 posts, read 19,574,158 times
Reputation: 21823
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
We don't need to rid America of dogs, we need to rid America of ignorant, stupid, inconsiderate dog OWNERS.


Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Would it have been less sad if she had been ugly? I don't understand it when people say stuff like "what a tragedy, he was so handsome" like only unattractive people should die.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Your reading comprehension needs work. Learn the meaning of the word these. Then on to African American males? Whose bat schitt crazy here?

^ Exhibit A.

Don't look now, but you're actually outnumbered here. People have had quite enough of the havoc you advocate and the threat you perpetuate.

My community doesn't tolerate your anti-social attitude. Some day you will find sanctuary difficult to find. Henceforth, of course, you will be ignored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top