U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-07-2019, 11:07 AM
 
Location: A Yankee in northeast TN
10,808 posts, read 14,583,931 times
Reputation: 24311

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustratedintelligence View Post
People keep talking about "bad owners" as if this is some fringe group living way outside of the law, but that is not the case. Far too many people that looooove dogs and not nearly enough that actually know how to properly care for them.
I think the number of owners who are this criminally irresponsible is small. Much, much more common are the owners who are too lazy or too ignorant to deal with the nuisance behaviors. I don't lump these two groups together as I consider the first to be willfully irresponsible. They know their dogs are a menace and choose not to do anything about it.

 
Old 09-07-2019, 11:12 AM
 
Location: A safe distance from San Francisco
8,850 posts, read 6,280,214 times
Reputation: 8936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik4me View Post
The anti dog sentiment here as people can express themselves freely anonymously as nowadays nobody can express their true feelings towards dogs ownership for fear of being ostracized- our society became truly crazy with “ the love of dogs”

Let me break the news for you: you are the one who is “ the crank”: you are spending tons of money on vet bills, hauling heavy bags of “the organic, grain free” dog food, vacuuming their fur, covered in their saliva and the big one-
just think of it- you are picking up or suppose to- dog’s s*** every day!
And you are calling yourself sane?
What a wonderful series of posts. Can't rep you again, but I sure do owe you. Thank you so much.

Gosh, do I ever love the sound of intelligence. And I don't recall ever seeing so much of it on a topic like this before. So refreshing to hear smart, sensitive, and empathetic people speak out!
 
Old 09-07-2019, 11:30 AM
 
868 posts, read 240,696 times
Reputation: 2278
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I think you should reread my post, because nowhere did I say the dogs aren’t welcome at my house or that I was upset at people for bringing their dogs. I was upset at the one guy, who was drinking and thought my baby’s fear was amusing, and kept trying to force his dog on my cat.

My point was that I did not trust the dogs enough to have access to my cat, despite their owners guaranteeing they would not hurt my cat. Because you never can predict how one animal is going to be with another, especially when one is showing fear.

I have owned dogs before, and I love dogs. Nowhere did I say they aren’t welcome at my home. I do however think people should ask first though.

We do have a next-door neighbor who used to let his pitbull run loose through the neighborhood. It was a friendly dog to people, but I wouldn’t have trusted him around my cat either and I did not think the dog should be allowed to be loose. Luckily his wife left him and took the dog with her.
Your comment shows exactly why people here say that our society has gone insane promoting the love of dogs
Why do you even need to defend yourself from those bat $*** crazy “dog lovers”?
Your house- your rules!
Hopefully, some people are starting to understand the intolerance of pro-dogs nazi.
 
Old 09-07-2019, 11:35 AM
 
6,955 posts, read 4,314,414 times
Reputation: 17852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik4me View Post
The anti dog sentiment here as people can express themselves freely anonymously as nowadays nobody can express their true feelings towards dogs ownership for fear of being ostracized- our society became truly crazy with “ the love of dogs”

Let me break the news for you: you are the one who is “ the crank”: you are spending tons of money on vet bills, hauling heavy bags of “the organic, grain free” dog food, vacuuming their fur, covered in their saliva and the big one-
just think of it- you are picking up or suppose to- dog’s s*** every day!
And you are calling yourself sane?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
What a wonderful series of posts. Can't rep you again, but I sure do owe you. Thank you so much.

Gosh, do I ever love the sound of intelligence. And I don't recall ever seeing so much of it on a topic like this before. So refreshing to hear smart, sensitive, and empathetic people speak out!
Now this is what is really ridiculous. These two rabid (pun intended) dog haters having an online bromance and salivating (pun also intended) over how they would love to eliminate dogs, tax pet owners, cut down the pet population, etc. are sane, intelligent, sensitive, etc. Meanwhile the 68% of the US population that owns a pet are all cranks. Ha ha ha!
 
Old 09-07-2019, 11:36 AM
 
5,729 posts, read 2,489,092 times
Reputation: 15926
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
How is it more bizarre? I'm one of those who loves animals just as much if not more than many humans. I look at people today and how they treat others. Many have less sympathy or empathy because all they think about are themselves. They rally for killers who may be illegal rather than condemn them for killing an innocent American. They label people because of who that person has voted for. We give even humans that kill - food, a roof over their head, free medical care, the opportunity to obtain a degree and an opportunity to get out to do it again instead of euthanizing them as we do animals who attack. I'll take my chances with the dogs.
Believe me, X, I get it. I, 100%, agree with all your points. Completely. I was more talking about those that think everyone should rearrange their lives for their "fur babies". You know the ones.
 
Old 09-07-2019, 11:49 AM
 
868 posts, read 240,696 times
Reputation: 2278
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Now this is what is really ridiculous. These two rabid (pun intended) dog haters having an online bromance and salivating (pun also intended) over how they would love to eliminate dogs, tax pet owners, cut down the pet population, etc. are sane, intelligent, sensitive, etc. Meanwhile the 68% of the US population that owns a pet are all cranks. Ha ha ha!
Ha-ha: I am a responsible pet owner! Don’t mind paying taxes to help finance animal control officers and dog parks!
My hopes that the 5 mauling dogs owner would not be able to keep all of them...
Tired of you “dogs are better then humans” yapping/yappie crowd and the $*** in beautiful public places: parks, shoreline, city streets
Bet the same percentage of population that “ owns” dogs- are watching Kardashians- or similar- a real sign of intelligence ..so, no- you are not that intelligent, sensitive, loving just for the fact that you own a dog
So your argument does not prove anything: what percentage of German population were supporting the extermination of the insane, the homosexual, the Jews?
I rest my case.
Irrational in “humanizing” your dog? Check!
Having misplaced on your dog emotions as you were disappointed by people in your life? (Maybe it is your fault by being an ***** O ? Check!
Stupid to not know the difference? Check!

Last edited by Nik4me; 09-07-2019 at 12:12 PM..
 
Old 09-07-2019, 12:06 PM
 
6,955 posts, read 4,314,414 times
Reputation: 17852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik4me View Post
Ha-ha: I am a responsible pet owner! Don’t mind paying taxes to help finance animal control officers and dog parks!

Tired of you “dogs are better then humans” yapping/yappie crowd and the $*** in beautiful public places: parks, shoreline, city streets
Bet the same percentage of population that “ owns” dogs- are watching Kardashians- or similar- a real sign of intelligence ..so, no- you are not that intelligent, sensitive, loving just for the fact that you own a dog.

Irrational in “humanizing” your dog? Check!
Having misplaced on your dog emotions as you were disappointed by people in your life? Check!
Stupid to not know the difference? Check!
What kind of pet do you have? A goldfish? Obviously not a dog, as dog owners are "stupid, irrational, insane cranks."

Quote:
let me break the news for you: you are the one who is “ the crank”: you are spending tons of money on vet bills, hauling heavy bags of “the organic, grain free” dog food, vacuuming their fur, covered in their saliva and the big one-just think of it- you are picking up or suppose to- dog’s s*** every day!
And you are calling yourself sane?
Tell you what, why don't you and Crown Vic go get a room and leave the rest of us alone?
 
Old 09-07-2019, 12:14 PM
 
868 posts, read 240,696 times
Reputation: 2278
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
What kind of pet do you have? A goldfish? Obviously not a dog, as dog owners are "stupid, irrational, insane cranks."



Tell you what, why don't you and Crown Vic go get a room and leave the rest of us alone?
You are the one to start calling people “ cranks”
I did not call people irrational, I said it is irrational behavior to “humanize” the dog’s emotion. Read some research!
The practice of having a pet and the necessities of people having to pick up the poop- is somewhat insane- don't you think our ancestors would be amused at minimum or “ die laughing” that in the future people will have dogs sleeping in their beds and people picking up the poop after them? In a cute little baggies?
It is a public forum and I do not disclose personal information.
The fact is that the truth hurts and you have nothing to say so you are getting “personal”?

Last edited by Nik4me; 09-07-2019 at 12:35 PM..
 
Old 09-07-2019, 12:19 PM
 
Location: A Yankee in northeast TN
10,808 posts, read 14,583,931 times
Reputation: 24311
^ This isn't the POC forum. If you want to insult, I mean disagree with people do it civilly.
 
Old 09-07-2019, 12:30 PM
 
Location: SNA=>PDX 2013
2,726 posts, read 3,112,910 times
Reputation: 3169
I hate irresponsible dog owners. This poor woman died because of the owners are idiots. I hope they're charged with something or at minimum, never allowed to own dogs again. It's probably best the dogs were euthanized; I can only imagine their mental state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
This sounds like this was an electronic fence of some sort, not a true electric fence.

"The dog owners told deputies the animals were contained to the yard by an electric fence. A deputy noted the wire was not buried.

One of the owners told deputies "the dogs were doing their jobs," according to the report.
I hate stupid, irresponsible dog owners. That poor girl died all because the stupid owners thought an electric fence would stop the dogs. I do wonder if the girl was on their property and that's why they attacked. It doesn't sound like it, but damn. That's just unnecessary. You only have that many dogs trained to protect/attack if you want them to take someone down.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly87 View Post
Omg what a terrifying and sad way to die. Dogs are my greatest fear of all and they can sense that easily. Hopefully I never have to encounter something as horrible as that.
I had a friend who had a fear of dogs also. I had suggested learning how to read dog body language, not to get over her fear, but to help her know when a dog may attack versus just want to meet you. She said, although it doesn't make her fear go away, it helped her deal with her fear. Not sure if this would help, but just a thought.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
I think the number of owners who are this criminally irresponsible is small. Much, much more common are the owners who are too lazy or too ignorant to deal with the nuisance behaviors. I don't lump these two groups together as I consider the first to be willfully irresponsible. They know their dogs are a menace and choose not to do anything about it.
Or they choose to make them a menace and like it. But I agree. It's like dog bites. People don't seem to realize just how aggressive small dogs can be and that they bite a lot, but most owners don't care because they're so small, they think it's cute or don't have to deal with it in the same way with a larger dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top