Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 04:09 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly87 View Post
Omg what a terrifying and sad way to die. Dogs are my greatest fear of all and they can sense that easily. Hopefully I never have to encounter something as horrible as that.
Yes, they can sense fear & vulnerability. I was jumped on by a large German Shepard that was running loose in my parent's neighborhood when I was 17 years old & 6 months pregnant & trying to cross a 4-lane street.

I say 'jumped on' versus 'attacked' because in retrospect; I realized that while he certainly could have torn me to pieces ... he didn't even take one nip. He just kept jumping on me & pushing me with his front paws on my back ... I'm not so sure he wasn't just trying to 'herd' me out of the road!

Old 09-05-2019, 04:21 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
I never trust electric fences; my neighbor swore he had one and didn't want me to put up a fence in my yard but I had two small dogs and I used a regular fence. Not long after, one of his dogs ran away and he determined the electric fence wasn't even working.

This poor girl; so pretty and only 19 years old.

Old 09-05-2019, 04:39 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,253,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly87 View Post
Omg what a terrifying and sad way to die. Dogs are my greatest fear of all and they can sense that easily. Hopefully I never have to encounter something as horrible as that.
Don’t count it out. From the American Veterinary Medical Association.

Dog bites pose a serious health risk to our communities and society. More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs each year in the United States, and more than 800,000 receive medical attention for dog bites, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC). At least half of those bitten are children.

Old 09-05-2019, 05:13 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,846 times
Mastiff, Rotts and a Pit. Who's surprised? I weep at the loss of life because fools continue to protect and defend dangerous breeds.

Old 09-05-2019, 05:28 PM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
How come we can rid America of malaria, but not dogs?
Some day I should take the time to register on a message board and post the craziest opinions imaginable, then come back to defend them, just to see the reaction.

Props to you my friend for beating me to the idea. Well played.

Old 09-05-2019, 05:35 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Electric fences suck, dogs easily go right through them, especially in an excited state of mind.

I have no idea what is so damn difficult about controlling your dogs.

I read one of the owners said "they were doing their job", wow...

Dogs do have a pack mentality, sort of like teens, one is fine, put them in a group, the probability of bad things happening increases.

Old 09-05-2019, 06:04 PM

6,786 posts, read 4,224,158 times
Bunch of trash living in multiple trailers on a property with a bunch of nasty, aggressive dogs. I guess that's why there's things like HOAs and gated communities.

Old 09-05-2019, 06:27 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,574,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
From the OP's article:

And the other four weren't shot because WHY? Not enough deputies to tend to the young woman and shoot all the dogs, I guess. Otherwise no mercy should have been shown to the dogs.
They didn't have to, to protect the officers and the woman. It's not part of their duty to kill animals that don't pose an immediate threat. There is a protocol, I'm sure. So they followed the protocol and took the animals to the animal center, where they will probably be euthanized.

Old 09-05-2019, 06:43 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
It is actually dog lovers who tend to lack empathy - towards their fellow humans. But I guess to you, dog = god. SMH.
I’ve seen posts here on cd where the the poster literally said they care more for dogs than other human beings.

Old 09-05-2019, 06:43 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Don’t count it out. From the American Veterinary Medical Association.

Dog bites pose a serious health risk to our communities and society. More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs each year in the United States, and more than 800,000 receive medical attention for dog bites, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC). At least half of those bitten are children.
Thank you.

There aren't words to describe the degree of tragedy this is....and all the horrible stories like it that we've seen. As expected, though, the dog defenders are here right on cue with hearts bleeding for these obnoxious and deadly animals as they circle the wagons in their protection. The dogs killed a beautiful young woman, but their hearts are with the dogs. Their hearts are always with dogs. Utterly irrational and yet considered perfectly normal by most. At least most expressing a viewpoint.

But, on the bright side, I see lots more sanity in this thread than I'm accustomed to seeing on topics like this. Dogs and their sociopathic owners drag down quality of life in every neighborhood in which they are found. It sure is refreshing to see more here who understand that.

Justice in a world with a sane perspective on the menace that dogs are would have all of these dogs dead (hopefully they already are) and their owners behind bars for life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events