Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 06:49 PM

6,798 posts, read 4,240,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
They didn't have to, to protect the officers and the woman. It's not part of their duty to kill animals that don't pose an immediate threat. There is a protocol, I'm sure. So they followed the protocol and took the animals to the animal center, where they will probably be euthanized.
They have been euthanized according to local media reports.

Old 09-05-2019, 06:50 PM

346 posts, read 237,761 times
How sad, she was really pretty

Old 09-05-2019, 06:52 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,556,212 times
These owners need to be prosecuted and sued for everything they have. An electric fence isn't a physical barrier, how f'g stupid can you be?

Old 09-05-2019, 06:52 PM

4,430 posts, read 2,707,461 times
"Oh, he won't hurt you. He wouldn't bite anyone."

Anyone who says that about their dog is a fool.

Dogs are complex, intelligent animals. They have good days and they have bad days. They're not robots - they are not entirely predictable. Any dog can and, under certain circumstances, will bite.

If you own a killing machine of a dog (put bull, rott, mastiff, etc. - ie, a dog that if it gets pissed and flies off the handle, can kill - as opposed to a chihuahua or a yorkie, etc.) and you don't keep it secure, then you're not only a fool, you're a dangerous jackass.

Old 09-05-2019, 06:57 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Some day I should take the time to register on a message board and post the craziest opinions imaginable, then come back to defend them, just to see the reaction.

Props to you my friend for beating me to the idea. Well played.
On the contrary, his post was one of the better ones in the thread.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:04 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
How come we can rid America of malaria, but not dogs?
LOL. Sometimes I feel that way too...but I do love puppies.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:18 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I’ve seen posts here on cd where the the poster literally said they care more for dogs than other human beings.
+1.

Poor girl.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:43 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,583,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I’ve seen posts here on cd where the the poster literally said they care more for dogs than other human beings.
The two things are not synonymous (liking dogs more than humans, and not caring if dogs kill people). That's ridiculous. That would be like saying people who like other humans don't care if humans kill innocent dogs.

Many people like animals more than humans. There's a reason that dogs are referred to as man's best friend. It's a shame that you have never connected with a dog or other animal like that. Dogs (and other animals in different ways) are wonderful animals and provide their owners with years of unabashed love, loyalty, and joy. If a person doesn't love that, there's something wrong with them.

Many families consider the family dog as a member of the family. Some people have run back into burning buildings to save their pet. As have firemen.

Dogs are great. I love cats, too. Really most animals, I guess. Humans have had relationships with animals for eons. It's the natural way.

Old 09-05-2019, 08:26 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,640,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
It is actually dog lovers who tend to lack empathy - towards their fellow humans. But I guess to you, dog = god. SMH.

So you've met all dogs lovers have you and know what they think? I guess to you, you = god.

Old 09-05-2019, 08:29 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,640,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
The two things are not synonymous (liking dogs more than humans, and not caring if dogs kill people). That's ridiculous. That would be like saying people who like other humans don't care if humans kill innocent dogs.

Many people like animals more than humans. There's a reason that dogs are referred to as man's best friend. It's a shame that you have never connected with a dog or other animal like that. Dogs (and other animals in different ways) are wonderful animals and provide their owners with years of unabashed love, loyalty, and joy. If a person doesn't love that, there's something wrong with them.

Many families consider the family dog as a member of the family. Some people have run back into burning buildings to save their pet. As have firemen.

Dogs are great. I love cats, too. Really most animals, I guess. Humans have had relationships with animals for eons. It's the natural way.

Exactly bpollen. Man must share the earth with dogs, as well as other species. No one wants to see anyone hurt or killed and that extends to dogs and other animals as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events