U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 02:33 PM

1,582 posts, read 588,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
Bunch of trash living in multiple trailers on a property with a bunch of nasty, aggressive dogs. I guess that's why there's things like HOAs and gated communities.
Exactly, so why isn’t anyone blaming the owners of these dogs? Dogs are a responsibility and whoever has them should make sure they never run loose, and if they are a guard dog, to make sure they are always behind secure fencing. These people who let their dogs kill a young girl should be prosecuted. It’s not the dogs fault, it’s the low IQ owners. They clearly never bothered to train these dogs and didn’t care if they ran loose. I can only imagine what their kids are like.

Last edited by Taz22; 09-06-2019 at 03:22 PM..

Old 09-06-2019, 02:35 PM

14,204 posts, read 21,073,892 times
How absolutely freaking horrible. I couldn't imagine the pain she felt, RIP

Old 09-06-2019, 02:35 PM

16,737 posts, read 16,875,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Dogs are a nuisance AT BEST. Denial of that is pure programming and, yes, ignorance of the fundamental nature of the beast. Except that most people are not ignorant of that nature. They just "love" them despite it or because of it. Either way, it is completely irrational.

It is totally different than viewing all people of one race with a negative stereotype. Most people of any race don't behave obnoxiously like most dogs do.

I wish I could rep you again..................you post the total truth.

The dog-worship-culture in the USA is out of hand, I find it truly sad and bizzare.

Old 09-06-2019, 02:57 PM

17,644 posts, read 10,574,031 times
For some incredibly strange reason, I already knew the breed of dogs involved just from the thread title.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:32 PM

1,512 posts, read 680,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly87 View Post
Omg what a terrifying and sad way to die. Dogs are my greatest fear of all and they can sense that easily. Hopefully I never have to encounter something as horrible as that.
Good dog owners recognize that others may have a fear of dogs. When I walk my dog in the park, if we encounter other people walking toward us, I always pull the leash short and I do it obviously so that the other people know we are giving them space.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:36 PM

3,281 posts, read 4,718,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
For some incredibly strange reason, I already knew the breed of dogs involved just from the thread title.
Exactly, but say something negative about these breeds and right away some lover of that breed will point out how sweet and gentile the dogs that THEY'VE owned were. It's a constant, and very stupid, diversion from established records and common sense.

For young men, many of whom insist on owning such breeds of dogs, I always wonder what they're trying to compensate for.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:36 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,338,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I love dogs and I have one, but COME ON, not one but FIVE DANGEROUS DOGS? A mastiff is a beast, man.

What possesses people to keep such unpredictable animals when they can't handle them and keep the public safe??
This is also what I wonder. I completely understand people owning a dog or even more than one that is friendly or at least isn't inclined to attack people.

I never understood why people felt the need to have an aggressive dog or worse, more than one of them and why some people just seem to collect dogs of the breeds known to be aggressive towards people or other animals.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:39 PM

1,512 posts, read 680,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Exactly, so why isnít anyone blaming the owners of these dogs? Dogs are a responsibility and whoever has them should make sure they never run loose, and if they are a guard dog, to make sure they are always behind secure fencing. These people who let their dogs kill a young girl should be prosecuted. Itís not the dogs fault, itís the low IQ owners. They clearly never bothered to train these dogs and didnít care if they ran loose. I can only imagine what their kids are like.
Apparently you are not reading the comments, because a lot of people are blaming the owners, myself included.

Old 09-06-2019, 04:36 PM

1,644 posts, read 683,544 times
Quote:
Dogs are a nuisance AT BEST. Denial of that is pure programming and, yes, ignorance of the fundamental nature of the beast. Except that most people are not ignorant of that nature. They just "love" them despite it or because of it. Either way, it is completely irrational.

It is totally different than viewing all people of one race with a negative stereotype. Most people of any race don't behave obnoxiously like most dogs do.
Whoa whoa whoa....say what?

If you hate dogs that's your prerogative.

This is a horrible story, and I'd never own a pit bull.

However...

My pug has no goal in life, no purpose, other than to crawl up next to you and snuggle. He prefers under the covers. He wouldn't hurt a fly. Pugs literally do nothing but want to be as close to their master as possible. If I laid in bed for 24 hours straight he wouldn't move.

I think people who have no pets or don't like them are weird, but that's just me.

Old 09-06-2019, 06:28 PM

2,213 posts, read 1,234,877 times
Quote:
Thank you.

There aren't words to describe the degree of tragedy this is....and all the horrible stories like it that we've seen. As expected, though, the dog defenders are here right on cue with hearts bleeding for these obnoxious and deadly animals as they circle the wagons in their protection. The dogs killed a beautiful young woman, but their hearts are with the dogs. Their hearts are always with dogs. Utterly irrational and yet considered perfectly normal by most. At least most expressing a viewpoint.

But, on the bright side, I see lots more sanity in this thread than I'm accustomed to seeing on topics like this. Dogs and their sociopathic owners drag down quality of life in every neighborhood in which they are found. It sure is refreshing to see more here who understand that.

Justice in a world with a sane perspective on the menace that dogs are would have all of these dogs dead (hopefully they already are) and their owners behind bars for life.
Dude, dramatic much?

There are bad dog owners, who create or don't prevent bad dogs by training them. But your post is over the top. Good lord. Get a grip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or