Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2019, 09:49 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
When I walk my two elderly neighbor's smallish dogs I always carry pepper spray in my hand. I've found that it takes too long to get it out of my fanny pack, and I've had some scary run ins that happen fast. I've had to use it three times when dogs ran at us, and didn't listen to my yelling NO at them, so they got it right in the face at the last minute. It stopped them dead in their tracks, thank God. These containers are twice the size of those little ones, and leave a stain that's visible in black light. The other times the dogs backed down when I screamed at them. I like dogs, but not when they are running at you in a raging fit to bite the dogs I'm walking. Homie don't play that. I'm responsible for these little guys, and have to protect them.
You’re a good neighbor😊

A couple of times when we had friends or family over for a bbq, someone brought a dog. I like dogs but I don’t want them near my kitties no matter if the owner tries to tell me the dog “likes cats”. I’m not taking any chances and my baby girl is afraid of them anyway (which I’m glad about cause she runs upstairs and hides). Once one of my fiance’s friends kept insisting on letting his dog and my cat interact even though she was afraid. and I refused and wouldn’t let her out of my arms. They thought I was being too overprotective. They seemed like sweet enough dogs but you never know how they’ll be with other animals especially one that is afraid and hissing.

Old 09-07-2019, 03:47 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Thank you.

There aren't words to describe the degree of tragedy this is....and all the horrible stories like it that we've seen. As expected, though, the dog defenders are here right on cue with hearts bleeding for these obnoxious and deadly animals as they circle the wagons in their protection. The dogs killed a beautiful young woman, but their hearts are with the dogs. Their hearts are always with dogs. Utterly irrational and yet considered perfectly normal by most. At least most expressing a viewpoint.

But, on the bright side, I see lots more sanity in this thread than I'm accustomed to seeing on topics like this. Dogs and their sociopathic owners drag down quality of life in every neighborhood in which they are found. It sure is refreshing to see more here who understand that.

Justice in a world with a sane perspective on the menace that dogs are would have all of these dogs dead (hopefully they already are) and their owners behind bars for life.
So you are for the extermination of all dogs due to the behavior of a small percentage? That was clearly your message in a previous post. Would that apply to young African American males as well? How about cars, should we ban them due to accidents that can happen on rare occasions?

I may have to research your post history to see if you are as bat schitt crazy as this opinion is.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 09-07-2019 at 05:00 AM..

Old 09-07-2019, 06:05 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,716,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Exactly, so why isn’t anyone blaming the owners of these dogs? Dogs are a responsibility and whoever has them should make sure they never run loose, and if they are a guard dog, to make sure they are always behind secure fencing. These people who let their dogs kill a young girl should be prosecuted. It’s not the dogs fault, it’s the low IQ owners. They clearly never bothered to train these dogs and didn’t care if they ran loose. I can only imagine what their kids are like.
I swear....if I see this garbage one more time....

5,869 posts, read 4,208,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
So you are for the extermination of all dogs due to the behavior of a small percentage? That was clearly your message in a previous post. Would that apply to young African American males as well? How about cars, should we ban them due to accidents that can happen on rare occasions?

I may have to research your post history to see if you are as bat schitt crazy as this opinion is.
We went to great expense to eliminate malarial mosquitoes, a tiny percentage of which killed people. Nobody wept for the cute skeeters and tried to defend them. And many states do ban all cars that can be shown to be prone to accidents. And we ban from the road all wild cars, that are not under the control of responsible humans.

Take care of your dog and make it behave and keep it out of my face, and I won't try to kill it.

Last edited by cebuan; 09-07-2019 at 06:14 AM..

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
You’re a good neighbor😊

A couple of times when we had friends or family over for a bbq, someone brought a dog. I like dogs but I don’t want them near my kitties no matter if the owner tries to tell me the dog “likes cats”. I’m not taking any chances and my baby girl is afraid of them anyway (which I’m glad about cause she runs upstairs and hides). Once one of my fiance’s friends kept insisting on letting his dog and my cat interact even though she was afraid. and I refused and wouldn’t let her out of my arms. They thought I was being too overprotective. They seemed like sweet enough dogs but you never know how they’ll be with other animals especially one that is afraid and hissing.
If the cat simply runs and hides, as cats due when strange humans show up as well, I don't see the problem with the dog visiting.

As for the story of the neighbor needed mace is it really common to see dogs running loose? That is crazy and all on the owner. We live in a rural area here, and I know this is more common in rural areas, but the only loose dogs I have seen are captured by passing motorists (including us) and the owners are found as we all know owners don't want their dogs running loose.

Old 09-07-2019, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Whoa whoa whoa....say what?

If you hate dogs that's your prerogative.

This is a horrible story, and I'd never own a pit bull.

However...

My pug has no goal in life, no purpose, other than to crawl up next to you and snuggle. He prefers under the covers. He wouldn't hurt a fly. Pugs literally do nothing but want to be as close to their master as possible. If I laid in bed for 24 hours straight he wouldn't move.

I think people who have no pets or don't like them are weird, but that's just me.
Yep, that's just you, alright.

The topic is DOGS, not pets.

Old 09-07-2019, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
Dude, dramatic much?

There are bad dog owners, who create or don't prevent bad dogs by training them. But your post is over the top. Good lord. Get a grip.
Typically....you haven't given an ounce of thought to what you just said.

Yeah, dogs are wonderful animals....if only you make the major investment of time and effort to prevent them from being bad. To prevent them from being themselves.

Good grief...................

Old 09-07-2019, 06:18 AM

469 posts, read 466,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
Yep ^^^ this. I can't even walk around my own neighborhood. It's ridiculous.
I live in a county and community where dogs are supposed to be on a leash when they are being walked. Most people comply but I have one neighbor who just can't seem to follow the rules. Just this morning his unleashed dog approached me and put his nose up against my kneecap. The owner retrieved the dog and apologized even though this is the second time this has happened. Given that we are moving soon I decided not to make an issue of this even though I did report it to my neighbor who is on the HOA board. I've been an avid walker for 40 years and I've been bitten 3 times. Once by a Boxer, once by a Weimaraner, and once by a mixed breed. I carry mace with me but no amount of mace would stop 3 vicious dogs. Even a handgun wouldn't be sufficient if you were not fast enough with it. I realize how much people love their dogs and most people do take proper care of them. However, we've all met people in life who use their dogs as a power symbol. They delight in scaring the wits out of innocent people. It truly saddens me that this young woman was killed. Nothing will bring her back but I do hope the owners of these dogs spend many years in prison. When they get out they should never be allowed to possess any more animals of any kind whatsoever.

Old 09-07-2019, 06:47 AM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Typically....you haven't given an ounce of thought to what you just said.

Yeah, dogs are wonderful animals....if only you make the major investment of time and effort to prevent them from being bad. To prevent them from being themselves.

Good grief...................
We get it. You hate dogs. Blah, blah, blah.

Old 09-07-2019, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Some people appear to be simply missing a gene that makes them bond with animals, that most of us have. I don’t have a gene for bonding with babies. It doesn’t make me superior or more rational than people who have babies and have that gene that makes them love babies. It just means I don’t feel what they feel. Therefore I can’t understand what they feel. The difference is I don’t feel the need to judge it just because I don’t understand it.

The poster complaining about quality-of-life etc. however it’s just ridiculous. I’m pretty sure these posters complain about just about everything. If you look at their posting history I am going to guess it’s a whole lot of complaints about a whole lot of things.
Talk about missing a gene.

I wonder if you'd begin to get it if that had been your daughter or sister. I doubt it. Your attitude parallels those who weren't phased by Sandy Hook.

That girl's blood is on the hands of all who have your irrational zeal to put a moat around these obnoxious animals no matter how many hundreds of thousands they maim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events