U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 03:41 PM

1,262 posts, read 844,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Dumb lady, I bet if it had been in her arms and she had a pleasant smile like
a glowing mom, all would be fine. No?
My granddaughter was born in Asia, within a few days they had to go to the American embassy to get her a passport and visa. I’m sure the baby would have had to have some kind of legal document.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 08:34 AM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,212 posts, read 1,603,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I keep waiting for an update.

Who was this baby? Surely, not her own.
What update would you like? Based on your prior commentary one would deduce that you will victim shame the kid for not fighting off the abductor and avoiding getting locked in a hard side suitcase.....

Old 09-08-2019, 06:01 PM

11,015 posts, read 4,476,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
What update would you like? Based on your prior commentary one would deduce that you will victim shame the kid for not fighting off the abductor and avoiding getting locked in a hard side suitcase.....
Well, you actually made me laugh and spit tea on my computer screen.

Now that I've cleaned it off, what in the world are you referring to, specifically?

(Honestly, it's the weirdest thing, online communications with strangers. No one in my entire life would say to me what you just said. I'm actually usually accused of being a bleeding heart).

Old 09-10-2019, 06:40 AM

741 posts, read 600,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Dumb lady, I bet if it had been in her arms and she had a pleasant smile like
a glowing mom, all would be fine. No?
Everyone, including infants, need passports or other travel documents to travel internationally.

Old 09-12-2019, 05:22 AM

8,451 posts, read 5,502,506 times
This lady already has 5 kids. Why does she want more???

The young Filipina girl should be ashamed of herself. Either don't have sex or practice safe sex.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:12 AM

6,743 posts, read 3,769,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post

The young Filipina girl should be ashamed of herself. Either don't have sex or practice safe sex.
The white knight savior syndrome would be my guess. Presumably a local child dropped off at a fire station would go to some other foster/adoptive parents.

The other theory would be the human trafficking mule.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:24 AM

8,451 posts, read 5,502,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
The white knight savior syndrome would be my guess. Presumably a local child dropped off at a fire station would go to some other foster/adoptive parents.

The other theory would be the human trafficking mule.
LOL. Selling a filipino baby to finance the 5 kids... Epic!

Old 09-13-2019, 06:31 PM

1,207 posts, read 338,339 times
Quote:

Oh, if only it were so easy... if only birth control didn't fail, everyone had easy and affordable access to it and access to information about how to use it properly, no one ever got raped (including by spouses), there weren't societies who believe a woman's worth is tied up in how many kids she has and a man's ego is tied up in how many women he can impregnate, etc.

Old 09-14-2019, 06:30 AM

6,743 posts, read 3,769,209 times
Quote:

The shame is probably what cause the kid to disappear into a foreigner's hands instead of being passed off to a married relative in another province who becomes the parent and the birth mother becomes the aunt.

Old 09-14-2019, 01:32 PM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,212 posts, read 1,603,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, you actually made me laugh and spit tea on my computer screen.

Now that I've cleaned it off, what in the world are you referring to, specifically?

(Honestly, it's the weirdest thing, online communications with strangers. No one in my entire life would say to me what you just said. I'm actually usually accused of being a bleeding heart).
Sorry, hope your screen and keyboard survive. My commentary was based on observations of some of your posts. If I am wrong, my apologies. Happy to make you laugh tho...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or