U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 08:47 AM

6,742 posts, read 3,769,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
The story I read said they caught her at the gate, so it sounds like she got it through security??? That has to be incorrect.
The last time I went through was the day after that Indonesian family went on a bombing spree and we went through 3 separate metal detectors. The People story suggests the child was hidden at the counter and immigration checkpoints but out while passing initial weapons screen but she was caught at the gate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:28 AM

5,600 posts, read 2,267,859 times
Wow she is in a lot of trouble.

Quote:
Officials said no government travel approval had been issued for the baby, prompting them to file human trafficking charges against Talbot. The charges carry a maximum penalty of life imprisonment. Talbot also violated at least two other laws on child abuse, kidnapping and illegal detention, the NBI said.
U.S. Woman Arrested in Philippines After Baby Found in Bag _ Time

Old Today, 03:03 PM

7,200 posts, read 9,467,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Another thing is the age of the newborn. Airlines have restrictions for the minimum age of an infant (for medical reasons). I believe that for most airlines a baby needs to be at least two weeks old and some airlines require an infant to be at least a month old.

A friend of mine adopted a baby (legally), from another state, and took the baby home on an airplane when it was only (I believe) four days old. They lied to the airline about the infants age. Luckily, the infant did not have any problems but, IMHO, it was pretty risky.
What is the danger of transporting a baby under a month old?

Old Today, 03:12 PM

5,600 posts, read 2,267,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
What is the danger of transporting a baby under a month old?
From what I can find, the age is two weeks or even less. I believe the reason is to make sure the baby is healthy enough to fly. They don't want a newborn having medical issues on the flight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or