U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:23 AM

20 posts, read 1,403 times

Advertisements

No doctor would have prescribed birth control pills to a pregnant girl. a physical exam is required to get a RX. he would have known she was pregnant and not prescribed them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM

8,404 posts, read 5,481,881 times
Where is the dude that got her pregnant?

Old Yesterday, 12:02 PM

5,414 posts, read 1,073,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Where is the dude that got her pregnant?
Good question. In a situation like this, one might also ask if he had a factor in the baby's death!

Old Yesterday, 03:39 PM

1,954 posts, read 956,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrcollie View Post
No doctor would have prescribed birth control pills to a pregnant girl. a physical exam is required to get a RX. he would have known she was pregnant and not prescribed them.
From the exhibits shown during the court case, the initial birth control prescription was terminated and gives the reason that the patient was pregnant. She lied to her mother that she was taking the pills to cover up the pregnancy. She went back to the doctor before the police were called to try and get back on the pill. The doctor asked about the pregnancy, and she told the doctor that she had the baby at home, the baby was stillborn, and she buried the baby in the back yard.

What gets me is that even after the fire investigator determined that there were no signs of an accelerant used, the prosecution still went with the story that she set the baby on fire in order to cremate the baby. There is no evidence it happened. The prosecution gave a copy of the report to the defense as part of discovery, but then when defense tried to use it, the prosecution got it blocked saying it couldn't be substantiated. So, the jury did not hear the evidence that showed the supposed attempt to cremate the baby could not have happened. This evidence would not only show that allegation for the lie it is, but it would shred the coerced confession made where Skylar goes along with the police and finally 'admits' to trying to cremate the baby after the police went after her with it for hours. It shows how corrupt the prosecution is here.

What I see is a scared kid who was in over her head. If she's convicted, she could spend the rest of her life in prison for something she is unlikely to have done. I do not think she did it at all.

Old Yesterday, 03:48 PM

1,954 posts, read 956,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Good question. In a situation like this, one might also ask if he had a factor in the baby's death!
He testified at one point. He had no clue she was pregnant. He was her date for the prom, and in the prom photos she is skinny and doesn't look pregnant at all. This was two days before she gave birth.

Old Yesterday, 03:50 PM

10,958 posts, read 4,452,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
From the exhibits shown during the court case, the initial birth control prescription was terminated and gives the reason that the patient was pregnant. She lied to her mother that she was taking the pills to cover up the pregnancy. She went back to the doctor before the police were called to try and get back on the pill. The doctor asked about the pregnancy, and she told the doctor that she had the baby at home, the baby was stillborn, and she buried the baby in the back yard.

What gets me is that even after the fire investigator determined that there were no signs of an accelerant used, the prosecution still went with the story that she set the baby on fire in order to cremate the baby. There is no evidence it happened. The prosecution gave a copy of the report to the defense as part of discovery, but then when defense tried to use it, the prosecution got it blocked saying it couldn't be substantiated. So, the jury did not hear the evidence that showed the supposed attempt to cremate the baby could not have happened. This evidence would not only show that allegation for the lie it is, but it would shred the coerced confession made where Skylar goes along with the police and finally 'admits' to trying to cremate the baby after the police went after her with it for hours. It shows how corrupt the prosecution is here.

What I see is a scared kid who was in over her head. If she's convicted, she could spend the rest of her life in prison for something she is unlikely to have done. I do not think she did it at all.
How far along was she in her pregnancy, do you know? Was she full term?

Old Yesterday, 04:02 PM

1,692 posts, read 488,409 times
I don’t know for certain if she murdered the baby or not. But she didn’t do anything to help it live either after it was born or in the womb. She starved herself during the entire pregnancy so yes a possibility of still birth, but after the baby was born I don’t think she did anything to help it breath or get things going, in addition to not calling for help yet again. When a baby is just born they need things done especially to start the breathing. Doubtful anything was done.

Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM

20 posts, read 1,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
He testified at one point. He had no clue she was pregnant. He was her date for the prom, and in the prom photos she is skinny and doesn't look pregnant at all. This was two days before she gave birth.
I saw her prom photos and you can tell she's pregnant.

Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM

10,958 posts, read 4,452,244 times
This article makes some things clear.

She saw the doc on April 27, and delivered later on May 7, and in autopsy the baby was judged to be 38-40 weeks along, which is fully full term.

Her "fundal height", which the doctor measures by tape measure showed the baby was small for that gestational age, but the article goes on to acknowledge that's not accurate at the end of pregnancy and in fact, the baby was within the size range for a 38-40 week full term baby.

She doesn't recall anything about a placenta being present which, to me, makes it clear she was in some kind of fugue - likely at a birth.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...chardson-trial

Old Yesterday, 04:42 PM

13,946 posts, read 19,054,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This article makes some things clear.

She saw the doc on April 27, and delivered later on May 7, and in autopsy the baby was judged to be 38-40 weeks along, which is fully full term.

Her "fundal height", which the doctor measures by tape measure showed the baby was small for that gestational age, but the article goes on to acknowledge that's not accurate at the end of pregnancy and in fact, the baby was within the size range for a 38-40 week full term baby.

She doesn't recall anything about a placenta being present which, to me, makes it clear she was in some kind of fugue - likely at a birth.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...chardson-trial

Im wondering if this girl even knew what a placenta was ? you talk to some kids that age and they are like whats that ? seriously kids at 19 now are not like 19 was when we were that age . At 19 I was living on my own , paying bills , making a car payment and working a full time job . I know most 19 year olds are not doing that these days . im wondering if this girl even knew how she got pregnant .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or