U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM

7,188 posts, read 3,957,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
it is currently on court tv . Okay here are my thoughts and feel free to give your opinion as well . I want to know how can the courts charge her with murder when there is a medical examiner saying that the baby was still born . I would think the most they could charge her with would be obstruction of justice and trying to hide the babies body . some of those text messages have me questioning what kind of mother she has that leaves such messages on her daughter's cell phone .This whole case is just weird to me . anyone else have that feeling ? that there is just something totally off about this girls family ?
There was probably contradictory expert opinion that the baby may have been born alive. I don't see how a medical examiner can arrive at a conclusion that a baby buried years ago had been stillborn. The baby and all organs would have been deteriorated to a massive point, if not just a skeleton left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:56 PM

5,949 posts, read 6,433,818 times
This trial took place in my town and needless to say itís been a media circus, even the Cincinnati news media managed to figure out how to get all the way out here and they have not been here since the Ryan Widmer trial.

Abuse of a corpse was all they could get her on.

https://www.whio.com/news/local/jury...Dth1J/amp.html

Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM

7,188 posts, read 3,957,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Yes, it is shocking and alarming.

Yes, definitely. And she did not bury the baby for those reasons anyway. She's had dogs and they were buried when they died. She likely was just giving her baby a proper burial. I don't think she committed a crime. She did some stupid things, but that wasn't illegal. Even if she had told her parents, I don't think it would've gone well. The girl didn't have anyone to comfort her. When she went to the doctor later and was asked about what happened to her baby she broke down crying. She likely was having a hard time keeping the ordeal bottled up inside.

I hope she's found not guilty of everything. I think she's suffered enough, and the abuse of corpse was based on the fallacy that she supposedly burned the baby. She didn't do that. She gave her daughter a burial and left flowers on the grave. There's no sign she had the intent to do anything wrong to the baby.
It is unknown why she buried the baby. We can't read her mind or go back in time. She did text soon afterwards, "Yay! My figure's coming back. I can't wait to show off my flatter tummy!"

She could have gotten an abortion, when she found out. But she didn't want to tell her parents. I guess that speaks volumes about her parents.

Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM

10,968 posts, read 4,457,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
It is unknown why she buried the baby. We can't read her mind or go back in time. She did text soon afterwards, "Yay! My figure's coming back. I can't wait to show off my flatter tummy!"

She could have gotten an abortion, when she found out. But she didn't want to tell her parents. I guess that speaks volumes about her parents.
She didn't know she was pregnant until April 27, and she delivered early May. She was nearly due when she learned she was pregnant.

This young woman clearly has psych issues, and possibly cognitive issues. She went to spring prom in a dress that was very snug, and certainly revealed that she had gone from an extremely thin body to a heavy girl, in 6 months. A girl who was hiding a pregnancy she knew about wouldn't have worn such a revealing dress, IMHO. She simply didn't get that she was pregnant.

Her boyfriend claimed to also not know she was pregnant, although this was a different boyfriend from the one who impregnated her.

Old Yesterday, 10:24 PM

1,965 posts, read 957,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post

There was not enough time for her to have gotten an abortion. She was in the third trimester. She had the baby eleven days after finding out she was pregnant. It takes longer than that to arrange an abortion, especially a third trimester abortion. And teenage girls don't always have to tell parents about an abortion. It depends upon the laws of the particular state. I don't know what the laws are in Ohio.

Old Today, 03:30 AM

13,954 posts, read 19,059,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Then I advise reading the legal definition. .this verdict was lenient . ..and showed far more mercy then necessary. .

really ? wow are you also one of those people who thinks boys will be boys and burn the girl at the stake type ? She was really on trial because she got pregnant and did not know who to tell .My heart breaks for this girl she had parents who wanted the perfect daughter and when she could not be that her mother started in on her about her weight . I cant believe some people on fb mentioned this girl is just like casey Anthony . No this girl and casey Anthony are like night and day .

Old Today, 05:27 AM

5,862 posts, read 4,292,816 times
My question is: How could someone not clearly see that she was pregnant if she was extremely thin before?

Old Today, 05:56 AM

4,849 posts, read 1,876,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Even when the defense was giving closing arguments, the prosecution and the judge refused to let the jury know that the baby was never set on fire as the prosecution insists despite evidence to the contrary. It goes to show the truth does not matter.

I swear to give admissible evidence, the whole admissible evidence, and nothing but the admissible evidence, so help me God.

Old Today, 05:57 AM

8,418 posts, read 5,486,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
She didn't know she was pregnant until April 27, and she delivered early May. She was nearly due when she learned she was pregnant.

This young woman clearly has psych issues, and possibly cognitive issues. She went to spring prom in a dress that was very snug, and certainly revealed that she had gone from an extremely thin body to a heavy girl, in 6 months. A girl who was hiding a pregnancy she knew about wouldn't have worn such a revealing dress, IMHO. She simply didn't get that she was pregnant.

Her boyfriend claimed to also not know she was pregnant, although this was a different boyfriend from the one who impregnated her.
Are these young kids that stupid? Maybe we need to bring back sex ed in junior hs and HS and maybe even college.

Old Today, 07:20 AM

13,954 posts, read 19,059,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Are these young kids that stupid? Maybe we need to bring back sex ed in junior hs and HS and maybe even college.

yes they are and I feel sorry to see what the world will look like when they are our age . I agree with you about bringing back sex ed although a lot say that is the parents job to teach them that , well clearly parents are not teaching their kids this .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or