U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:52 AM

10,638 posts, read 12,559,147 times

Advertisements

Weird case from the get go. Over-zealous cops (asking her 29 times if she killed the kid, 29 times she said no).......prosecutor looking to have his "OJ Simpson" moment in the sun, Judge wanted to be on TV...... now we know she has mental issues, the family isn't perfect, she was indeed pregnant and this wonderful experience will be her "Casey Anthony" moment for the rest of her life. The dead child is really the one who potentially suffered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:09 AM

10,913 posts, read 5,109,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
My question is: How could someone not clearly see that she was pregnant if she was extremely thin before?
The daughter of an acquaintance was tall & slim and around 16 years old. When she got pregnant she just started wearing baggy clothes. Her mother even asked her if she was pregnant and she denied it. When she went into labor she called the boyfriend and they went to a hotel where they had the baby and she immediately took it to an adoption agency. I don't remember the whole story because it was so long ago but when her parents found out they stopped the adoption and got the baby girl. If I remember correctly the girl married the baby daddy but they didn't stay together long.

Her parents were not the type to freak out, they were supportive parents and rather liberal in their thinking. We all thought she didn't want to disappoint them as she had been born when her mother was almost 40 and her father was almost 50 and they wanted a child together so badly. It was such a strange story.

Old Today, 09:38 AM

5,949 posts, read 6,433,818 times
She has just been sentenced to three years probation and no jail time.

https://www.whio.com/news/local/broo...gLzn9mpDOEe7O/

Old Today, 09:44 AM

1,965 posts, read 957,728 times
She was sentenced to 3 years probation.

She's currently only 89 pounds and has been in and out of the hospital due to her eating disorder. This girl may end up dying from her eating disorder unless she gets the help she needs.

The judge blamed her for the death of the baby because she hadn't received prenatal care during the pregnancy. She didn't learn she was pregnant until just days before she had the baby. That wasn't enough time to undo the months of poor health prior to learning she was pregnant. She needed better treatment for her eating disorder than what she's had prior to getting pregnant. Hopefully, she will get that before it kills her. A lot of young women lose their lives to eating disorders even when they are getting treatment.

Old Today, 09:50 AM

6,550 posts, read 3,047,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
really ? wow are you also one of those people who thinks boys will be boys and burn the girl at the stake type ? She was really on trial because she got pregnant and did not know who to tell .My heart breaks for this girl she had parents who wanted the perfect daughter and when she could not be that her mother started in on her about her weight . I cant believe some people on fb mentioned this girl is just like casey Anthony . No this girl and casey Anthony are like night and day .
I see that you factor in this age and family to determine if the law fits her charges. That to me should be a wow moment for you to understand the intentonal bias utilized. Bias thinking doesn't supercede the written law.

Yes this young lady got a lenient decision . Justice for that child buried goes unserved.

Can you clarify when you use "one of those"? I sense a level of condemnation in just that usage. I'll let you clarify before going down that rabbit hole.

Old Today, 10:08 AM

5,862 posts, read 4,292,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
yes they are and I feel sorry to see what the world will look like when they are our age . I agree with you about bringing back sex ed although a lot say that is the parents job to teach them that , well clearly parents are not teaching their kids this .
Parents are often in denial that their kid isn't having sex and they keep the topic taboo. Schools should be teaching it and maybe these kids will learn something that they didn't already know from other kids.

Old Today, 10:30 AM

17,529 posts, read 17,802,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
My question is: How could someone not clearly see that she was pregnant if she was extremely thin before?
As a special education teacher, I once had a student whose mother did not know/did not understand that she was pregnant (until the baby actually "came out" when they were in the bathroom). In that case, the mother already had other children but was mentally ill and cognitively slow and claimed to have had absolutely no knowledge that she was pregnant. She was very confused how a baby could suddenly "appear out of nowhere" on her bathroom floor. Her other daughter (maybe 10 years old at the time) called relatives for help. BTW, all of her children were then removed from the home.

A well educated, knowledgeable friend of mine, mid 20s, had been told that she was infertile and had very irregular periods. I remember her saying that she couldn't figure out why she was not losing weight and gaining a tummy even though she was strictly dieting and had increased her exercise level. She finally went to the doctor, because she was worried about her health, and discovered that she was six and a half months pregnant. In her case, it never occurred to her and her husband that she could be pregnant because she was diagnosed with infertility and sometimes she would go months between having a period. So even people who "know the facts of life" can be fooled by mother nature.

Old Today, 10:37 AM

13,954 posts, read 19,059,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
She has just been sentenced to three years probation and no jail time.

https://www.whio.com/news/local/broo...gLzn9mpDOEe7O/

Good jail will not help her she needs mental health help and eating disorder help .

Old Today, 10:39 AM

13,954 posts, read 19,059,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
As a special education teacher, I once had a student whose mother did not know/did not understand that she was pregnant (until the baby actually "came out" when they were in the bathroom). In that case, the mother already had other children but was mentally ill and cognitively slow and claimed to have had absolutely no knowledge that she was pregnant. She was very confused how a baby could suddenly "appear out of nowhere" on her bathroom floor. Her other daughter (maybe 10 years old at the time) called relatives for help. BTW, all of her children were then removed from the home.

A well educated, knowledgeable friend of mine, mid 20s, had been told that she was infertile and had very irregular periods. I remember her saying that she couldn't figure out why she was not losing weight and gaining a tummy even though she was strictly dieting and had increased her exercise level. She finally went to the doctor, because she was worried about her health, and discovered that she was six and a half months pregnant. In her case, it never occurred to her and her husband that she could be pregnant because she was diagnosed with infertility and sometimes she would go months between having a period. So even people who "know the facts of life" can be fooled by mother nature.

Thank you yes even people who know the facts of life can be fooled . Thank you thank you .

Old Today, 10:53 AM

10,294 posts, read 8,403,253 times
I’ll admit my bias. The cheerleaders I’ve known in school were all selfish, arrogant, and the worst verbal bullies of the school. I actually felt joy when I saw one of them in the local arrest reports along with her mug shot, she is about 50 but looks closer to 65.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or