Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 07:06 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,095,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
Excellent post, I wish more people think the way you do.

Not to say that infanticide is right, but to say that we are well past our animal instincts is a major stretch. And what goes unappreciated is our instincts’ ability to keep our rational minds in check from committing evolutionarily suicidal decisions, ironically.

Hard to say these things, but with the history and quite frankly the morbid utility of choosing to reinvest in another offspring at a better time, it’s obvious and important to realize in the greater context of things.
The greater context involves an evolutionary regression back to the animals? Geez, I hope not; our brains & our will are about all we've got over any other species on the food chain. I mean, the Neanderthals were maybe strong enough to wrestle with a bear but modern humans moan & groan to get themselves up off of a sofa.

I'm not a guy but I'd hope no man would see her as a viable 'investment' as the mother of his future children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2019, 08:18 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,284,701 times
I think the baby was probably stillborn. Apparently, it just 'plopped' out and wasn't attached to an umbilical cord.

This girl needs help. Her mother is toxic. Life in prison won't help her.

Old 09-11-2019, 10:56 PM

8,216 posts, read 3,481,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
That's how I see it too. Nobody's home.

Her parents appear to be COMPLETELY focused on appearances, and wanted a twiggy skinny cheerleader daughter they could brag about, it appears. And so, she tried to be that, but in between that, had sex and became pregnant.

Her repeated questions about whether she's "in trouble" are like what a 7 year old would ask.
The way she is today is a reflection on how she was raised. She's going to have a hard time living as an adult. It's such a shame that so many kids end up like that because of toxic parenting. If the baby had lived, I actually think she might have hid the baby in the home and tried taking care of her while trying to hide her from the parents. The parents are so clueless she might have got away with it for a while.

Old 09-11-2019, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I think the baby was probably stillborn. Apparently, it just 'plopped' out and wasn't attached to an umbilical cord.

This girl needs help. Her mother is toxic. Life in prison won't help her.
Plus, there was a lack of amniotic fluid.

Her mother is definitely toxic.

She was bullied at times when she was in school. She'd have a hard time coping with a prison life.

She looks shell shocked a lot during the trial. Other times she looks like she's shaking in fear. She broke down crying at one point. She looks like a scared child. There's nothing about her demeanor that would seem like she would kill a baby.

Her father said his biggest regret is not getting her a lawyer right away. He said had no idea cops could lie to you and that when he asked if she needed a lawyer they said no.

Old 09-12-2019, 07:33 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,073,706 times
I agree she does not need prison and yes her mother is most definitely toxic and how her father does not see that her mother is toxic is beyond me . This coming from a person who had a toxic mother and a distant father (im thinking the father must be distant as well ) . I think the girl would benefit from a mental health counseling facility . I can hear the mother now "I cant even hold my head up at the grocery store from what she has done , she has ruined our family and so on " . This family had no dealings with law enforcement before this happened so like a lot of people who have had no dealings with law enforcement they did not know any better .I will pray for that girl that she gets away from that mother soon .was it the brother who said on the stand that this girl had to sneak food ?yeah when that starts look out cause that is a sign of a eating disorder .

Old 09-12-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I agree she does not need prison and yes her mother is most definitely toxic and how her father does not see that her mother is toxic is beyond me . This coming from a person who had a toxic mother and a distant father (im thinking the father must be distant as well ) . I think the girl would benefit from a mental health counseling facility . I can hear the mother now "I cant even hold my head up at the grocery store from what she has done , she has ruined our family and so on " . This family had no dealings with law enforcement before this happened so like a lot of people who have had no dealings with law enforcement they did not know any better .I will pray for that girl that she gets away from that mother soon .was it the brother who said on the stand that this girl had to sneak food ?yeah when that starts look out cause that is a sign of a eating disorder .
Yes, I was left with the impression that the mother did not want her to gain weight, thus she would buy treats for the son but not the daughter. The mother harped on her weight and withheld food. She would have to sneak food when she was hungry. She'd get a healthier weight and the mother would keep on her about her weight, so she purged the food after she'd eat to keep her weight down to please her mother. It's no wonder that girl ended up so messed up.

Old 09-12-2019, 10:07 AM

The jury has the case now. The girl's attorneys already set up stuff in the trial to where they'd have grounds for appeal if the jury convicts. I hope it doesn't get that far. If they convict her of anything, she'll be a convicted felon. Everything she is charged with is a felony. I don't see how the prosecution could have proved the baby was born alive. There is no evidence of that. Even in the supposed confession video, she keeps saying she didn't think the baby was breathing.

Old 09-12-2019, 10:31 AM

Even when the defense was giving closing arguments, the prosecution and the judge refused to let the jury know that the baby was never set on fire as the prosecution insists despite evidence to the contrary. It goes to show the truth does not matter.

Old 09-12-2019, 12:08 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,935,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Even when the defense was giving closing arguments, the prosecution and the judge refused to let the jury know that the baby was never set on fire as the prosecution insists despite evidence to the contrary. It goes to show the truth does not matter.
The whole notion that a witness is going to tell "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth" is a bygone artifact of our court system.

I'm a true crime follower, and am shocked at what the jury doesn't know that citizens who read the media know. Not fair.

Old 09-12-2019, 12:15 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,935,039 times
Interesting comment by the prosecution team in this article. They said she had committed the "perfect crime" because the remains were discovered when there was nothing left but bones.

Intimating, quite clearly, that the reason it was the "perfect crime" was that now no cause of death could be determined nor could it be determined if the baby was born alive.

Pretty damning for the prosecution to admit that with the forensics they had, those things can't be determined.

Enough for a jury to say "not guilty" right there.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...es/2284320001/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events