U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 11:10 AM

14,099 posts, read 12,818,738 times

Advertisements

I always give out personal information online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2019, 06:13 PM

5,950 posts, read 6,435,543 times
The only function of the senseless bureau is to count the population of each state in order to determine the number of representatives they get in the House of Representatives. The census form should be on a postcard and only ask how many people live at this address, how many toilets I have and how far I drive to get to work is not their concern.

Old Yesterday, 03:24 AM

4,855 posts, read 1,879,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
The only function of the senseless bureau is to count the population of each state in order to determine the number of representatives they get in the House of Representatives. The census form should be on a postcard and only ask how many people live at this address, how many toilets I have and how far I drive to get to work is not their concern.
Every nation now has a census, even those that have never had an election. It is pretty universally recognized that in a modern state, they are useful.

Old Yesterday, 06:21 AM

4,102 posts, read 2,143,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Even receiving in the mail does not legally bind you to taking action. Human enumerators follow up before any criminal action is presumed.

Every American has a right to say "I wanna see a badge" before they answer any questions under penalty of law..
There's no way I'm going to put that incredible level of detail about my personal info online. I don't trust the Federal government to "protect" my data since I was caught up in the great OPM data breach. They can send an actual human to get my responses - I don't get many visitors and will enjoy the face-to-face interaction.

Old Yesterday, 07:09 AM

1,080 posts, read 258,222 times
And now, a word from the sponsor of this thread:

Old Today, 09:38 AM

850 posts, read 892,295 times
I once received the community survey and refused to complete it. I completed the portion I felt comfortable completing and sent it back.

A man came to my home and told me I would go to jail if I didn't answer all the questions. When I asked by whose authority - he said the Census Bureau. I told him to stuff it. It's no one's business how long I commute to work, or by what means, or how many toilets I have in my house. It's certainly no one's business whether or not I have miscarried and had an abortion.

I was not fined, nor did I go to jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or