Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 12:47 PM

1,517 posts, read 990,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
There's no sound, for one thing.
Most surveillance cameras are exceedingly basic and don't have microphones or audio recording capability i.e. video signals only. It would increase their cost and complexity for one (critical when implementing a system involving several if not dozens of surveilance cameras) plus you might have the risk of running afoul of state/federal wiretap laws, depending how broadly or strangely they're interpreted.

That, and most businesses that buy video surveillance equipment tend to put as little money and effort as necessary into them, so they spring for the cheapest model with the most basic, minimal functionality. Hence very crude (frequently analog!) Chinese video-only cameras. If you want things like sound or decent resolution or DVI/HDMI, you gotta pony up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 01:26 PM

656 posts, read 1,375,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Employee was obviously in wrong but interesting how so many commenters ignore what even the customer himself admitted, that he was being an arse. If you look at the video the customer charged the employee after he was separated, so he is hardly an innocent saint here. You don't escalate a situation and then be blameless.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mc-d...195651157.html

It always seems to be Mc Donalds or Popeyes

Old 09-08-2019, 02:42 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Employee was obviously in wrong but interesting how so many commenters ignore what even the customer himself admitted, that he was being an arse. If you look at the video the customer charged the employee after he was separated, so he is hardly an innocent saint here. You don't escalate a situation and then be blameless.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mc-d...195651157.html
Give me a break. Then get your eyes checked.

The customer did not CHARGE the employee. The customer simply followed him as he walked away because, presumably, in THIS eatery, complaining about one's food is not a legitimate complaint.

Those whose observations you're beefing about saw what you should have seen: an employee repeatedly assaulting a customer who [gasp!] had the audacity to complain about food or service--verboten among the snowflakes (interspersed with mortified professionals like the kid who tried to pull the employee off the customer), in today's...service industry.

The only one in the wrong here, was the employee (who should have been arrested, then fired). PERIOD.

Old 09-08-2019, 03:23 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Cold, limp, soggy fries will do that to anyone.
I agree. If we have the death penalty for opiate dealers, at least a year in prison is apt for the Mickey Dees burger slinger that serves those up.

Old 09-08-2019, 03:40 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

The customer did not CHARGE the employee. The customer simply followed him as he walked away because, presumably, in THIS eatery, complaining about one's food is not a legitimate complaint.

Those whose observations you're beefing about saw what you should have seen: an employee repeatedly assaulting a customer who [gasp!] had the audacity to complain about food or service--verboten among the snowflakes (interspersed with mortified professionals like the kid who tried to pull the employee off the customer), in today's...service industry.

The only one in the wrong here, was the employee (who should have been arrested, then fired). PERIOD.
Yeah we don't know exactly what the customer said or how it was said but there is pretty much no customer behavior that would come close to warranting this type of reaction by the employee.

Complaining about cold fries is not necessarily being abusive towards service workers.

Old 09-08-2019, 04:35 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Yeah, fire the employee.

Too much sketchiness coming from Stinkydonald's, cannot stand that place, just the odd smell of
their "food", bleech.

Old 09-08-2019, 04:54 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

I think maybe you should go back and look at the video again?

I don't see the "kid" you state is pulling the employee off. I see a woman maybe in her 30's, slowly go up behind the employee, and take his arm and lead him toward the back. The employee has a very stilted, stiff flat footed way of walking, and in my opinion, it seems likely is mentally impaired or has autism.

We don't know what happened prior - the video starts when the small employee confronts the much larger man. It doesn't appear the much larger man suffered any noticeable injuries, hence, the police arrived and left without arresting anyone.

The SECOND time the customer approached this employee was just to irritate him, to rile him, IMHO, and escalate things. There is no audio so we can't hear how this employee speaks, but from his behavior, he is CLEARLY not the one who is going to be able to resolve the customer's food complaint. Best to wait a moment while the female employee deescalates the situation, and then address someone about getting another order of fries or whatever the complaint was.

At what point in the video do you see a "kid"? I do think the employee is likely a "kid", or is very young, but the woman who leads him away is not.

Old 09-08-2019, 05:31 PM

19,841 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrw-500 View Post
that reminds me of an older incident more or less similar at a mcdonald's, but not in the same location.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blajuruayw0

then, there was a customer who had watched too much dragon ball z when she asked for mcnuggets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tqa1dvpkgm

g.l.o.w.

Old 09-08-2019, 05:31 PM

16,073 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think maybe you should go back and look at the video again?

The SECOND time the customer approached this employee was just to irritate him, to rile him, IMHO, and escalate things.
That was my thought too. His stance doesn't look like he's going back to apologize for sure, lol, it looks pretty aggressive to me. Also if the customer admits he was abrasive, just what does that mean, was he threatening violence towards someone? I find it very likely.
I can see firing the employee but I hope that's as far as it goes, no charges. And I hope the dimwit customer learns to keep a civil tongue in his head, he might not get so lucky next time he's 'abrasive' towards someone. Could have turned out worse.

Old 09-08-2019, 05:45 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Reason 434,656,238,987,301 to go to Chik-fil-a.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events