U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 05:52 PM

1,842 posts, read 453,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
g.l.o.w.
Youtube pulled the plug fast. TMZ still have the 1st clip on their site and the other one is on Liveleak. https://www.tmz.com/2018/07/26/mcdon...e-crazy-fight/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 05:54 PM

8,387 posts, read 5,151,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think maybe you should go back and look at the video again?

I don't see the "kid" you state is pulling the employee off. I see a woman maybe in her 30's, slowly go up behind the employee, and take his arm and lead him toward the back. The employee has a very stilted, stiff flat footed way of walking, and in my opinion, it seems likely is mentally impaired or has autism.

We don't know what happened prior - the video starts when the small employee confronts the much larger man. It doesn't appear the much larger man suffered any noticeable injuries, hence, the police arrived and left without arresting anyone.

The SECOND time the customer approached this employee was just to irritate him, to rile him, IMHO, and escalate things. There is no audio so we can't hear how this employee speaks, but from his behavior, he is CLEARLY not the one who is going to be able to resolve the customer's food complaint. Best to wait a moment while the female employee deescalates the situation, and then address someone about getting another order of fries or whatever the complaint was.

At what point in the video do you see a "kid"? I do think the employee is likely a "kid", or is very young, but the woman who leads him away is not.

I agree with your interpretation.

And I feel badly for the employee. Very sad.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:18 PM

14,027 posts, read 7,636,311 times
Why didn’t the customer press charges? According to a witness, the customer had to go back to the counter at least 2-3 times because the employees at this McDonald’s couldn’t get the order right. Even on the last time, they forgot his fries. The employee who attacked the customer came from behind the counter, which appears to be when someone started recording, and bum rushed the customer, pushing him.

He should get an attorney and sue the franchise owner and possibly McDonald’s Corp. There is absolutely no reason a hothead who attacks customers should be retained as an employee. If he ever does it again in this store, the owner will certainly be liable. I don’t understand the free pass for hitting a customer. Just insane.

Old 09-09-2019, 07:11 AM

8,454 posts, read 5,510,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Reason 434,656,238,987,301 to go to Chik-fil-a.
Reason 434,656,238,987,302 to cook your own food or order online.

Old 09-09-2019, 07:40 AM

7,313 posts, read 2,643,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Why didn’t the customer press charges? According to a witness, the customer had to go back to the counter at least 2-3 times because the employees at this McDonald’s couldn’t get the order right. Even on the last time, they forgot his fries. The employee who attacked the customer came from behind the counter, which appears to be when someone started recording, and bum rushed the customer, pushing him.

He should get an attorney and sue the franchise owner and possibly McDonald’s Corp. There is absolutely no reason a hothead who attacks customers should be retained as an employee. If he ever does it again in this store, the owner will certainly be liable. I don’t understand the free pass for hitting a customer. Just insane.

Well, he is now.

But he said, at the time, he was afraid they'd both get arrested and taken away, and he didn't want to leave his wife to fend for herself on the mean streets of New Orleans. (Which IMO, was a crummy thing to say.)

I get the impression that this guy is one of those jerky tourist types. Also, I wonder if maybe he was drinking, and he was worried he'd get arrested for drunk and disorderly. Tourist on vacation in New Orleans...it'd make sense.

This happened about a block from Bourbon St. on a Saturday night. I'd bet money the customer was drinking.

Last edited by Sassybluesy; 09-09-2019 at 08:08 AM..

Old 09-09-2019, 09:32 AM

2,848 posts, read 861,207 times
Quote:
Here's my speculation.

My guess, watching the video, is that employee is a "special needs employee", that is, likely eligible for SSDI but is also working part time. I don't know what the designation is now called but it used to be called "sheltered workshop employee", where tax benefits are given to employers who are able to employ special needs workers.

Just by the way the employee is behaving, and by how the apparent manager has no problem quietly removing him from the scene.

Add to all that, the customer appears WELL CAPABLE of defending himself, but chooses to continue to aggravate the already out of control employee, even following and re-engaging him after the altercation has ended.

I wonder how many other altercations that customer has been in similar to this?
Oh geesh here we go again with the "mentally disabled" card

Old 09-09-2019, 09:55 AM

11,033 posts, read 4,488,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Well, he is now.

But he said, at the time, he was afraid they'd both get arrested and taken away, and he didn't want to leave his wife to fend for herself on the mean streets of New Orleans. (Which IMO, was a crummy thing to say.)

I get the impression that this guy is one of those jerky tourist types. Also, I wonder if maybe he was drinking, and he was worried he'd get arrested for drunk and disorderly. Tourist on vacation in New Orleans...it'd make sense.

This happened about a block from Bourbon St. on a Saturday night. I'd bet money the customer was drinking.
Did you find an updated article? The first article doesn't mention him by name, so I didn't really know how to search for an update.

Old 09-09-2019, 10:03 AM

1,651 posts, read 351,323 times
This will not look good on his performance review.

Old 09-09-2019, 10:16 AM

7,313 posts, read 2,643,140 times
Quote:
Did you find an updated article? The first article doesn't mention him by name, so I didn't really know how to search for an update.

There was a link to the news station. https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/l...9-70d1b1c87b2f

It interviews the customer a little bit, and it mentions the 700 block of Canal St. There's a McDonald's at 711 Canal St. which is close to the intersection of Canal and Royal St. And that's about a block from Bourbon St.

I'm guessing the customer had a lot to drink, and that influenced his behavior in the restaurant. And I'm also guessing he didn't want to press charges at the time because he knew he'd had too much to drink, and he'd likely get arrested along with the employee.

But now he's sober, and now he wants to press charges? That's my take on it anyway.

Old 09-09-2019, 10:26 AM

14,027 posts, read 7,636,311 times
Quote:
Yahoo is saying he wants to press charges. Just one line about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or