U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM

9,704 posts, read 7,340,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
It's clear that you've never paid even casual attention to a fast food operation.

Well, I write the code for POS systems. If a location has two windows, one for taking payment, one for pickup, both stations can perform either function. The one that MAY not be able to do both would be the pickup window.. As that machine may not have a cash drawer in it, but it is able to take orders.

However, being 4am.. I've never seen a location running both windows at that time of the morning. and were this the case.. He could have told her to go around and stop at the first window.

No matter what, there was a solution here that didn't involve telling her she had to order at the speaker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:42 PM

2,543 posts, read 7,778,468 times
She is deaf. He can't speak English. Hilarity ensues.

Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM

4,838 posts, read 1,872,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
You are crazy if you really think age restrictions prevent kids were having sex. They’ve never stop kids from having sex with each other? Since when do they ask permission in the first place?
Again we had lots and lots of sex in the 70s as teens and kids are still having lots of sex today.

Most kids probably don’t even know what the age of consent in their state is, it’s not even a consideration. Again it only is a concern to older men who want to have sex with underage girls. Change themselves do not give it any thought at all.

You obviously have a bone to pick with age of consent laws, That’s fine, but you can’t take those issues and try to make them apply to every thread regardless what it’s about. Work ethic and moral values have absolutely nothing to do with whether you’re allowed to buy a beer or not. It’s ridiculous to even say so.

I have a bone to pick with the US being the laughing stock of yhe world, for coddling as children people who grow up with freedom and confidence in the rest of the world. I also mentioned the laughable drinking age, but I just got response from people with a sex hot-button.

Last edited by cebuan; Yesterday at 10:25 PM..

Old Today, 03:55 AM

8,406 posts, read 5,481,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
I have a bone to pick with the US being the laughing stock of yhe world, for coddling as children people who grow up with freedom and confidence in the rest of the world. I also mentioned the laughable drinking age, but I just got response from people with a sex hot-button.
How is the USA the laughing stock of the world?

I see your location is the Phillipines what is their status in the world?

Old Today, 05:31 AM

4,838 posts, read 1,872,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post

I've been in 40 countries in the past 5 years and talked to a lot of travelers and locals, and many are not timid about expressing their opinions to an American listener. America's social posture has few admirers.

This subforum alone has enough material to keeo that well-fed. You think only Americans read this stuff and think it's funny?

Last edited by cebuan; Today at 05:46 AM..

Old Today, 05:53 AM

Quote:
I've been in 40 countries in the past 5 years and talked to a lot of travelers and locals, and many are not timid about expressing their opinions to an American listener. America's social posture has few admirers.

This subforum alone has enough material to keeo that well-fed. You think only Americans read this stuff and think it's funny?
Yet, the world eats up all our media, tech, movies, etc. It seems like they are gluttons for stupid.

Old Today, 10:18 AM

23 posts, read 1,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post

A quick google search reveals the age of consent in the Philippines is 12.

Old Today, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrcollie View Post
A quick google search reveals the age of consent in the Philippines is 12.

I bet that guy LOVES that.

Old Today, 11:10 AM

21,523 posts, read 17,073,927 times
Quote:
I don't think we are a laughing stock, at least not due to that. Your posts come off as an adult upset because he wants sex with a girl who is underage. There's just no other reason to be this militant about such a trivial thing as teens can't have sex with adults. The drinking age having something to do with holding kids back developmentally is just ludicrous. I think the age restriction is silly, as it seems to me if you're old enough to go to war, you're old enough to buy a beer before you go. But it is ridiculous to try to state that kids would have better attitudes and work ethic if they were trusted to buy a beer at 15. That this guy would not have mocked a disabled man if only he were allowed to have sex with a 14 year old...it's just a crazy argument. It's just not that important to have that much impact (kids drinks plenty, just not in a bar). Again I grew up with minimum age 21 in the 70's. It had not one thing to do with my maturity level or work ethic, and I too drank plenty and had no problems getting booze just as they don't today.

Old Today, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don't think we are a laughing stock, at least not due to that. Your posts come off as an adult upset because he wants sex with a girl who is underage. There's just no other reason to be this militant about such a trivial thing as teens can't have sex with adults. The drinking age having something to do with holding kids back developmentally is just ludicrous. I think the age restriction is silly, as it seems to me if you're old enough to go to war, you're old enough to buy a beer before you go. But it is ridiculous to try to state that kids would have better attitudes and work ethic if they were trusted to buy a beer at 15. That this guy would not have mocked a disabled man if only he were allowed to have sex with a 14 year old...it's just a crazy argument. It's just not that important to have that much impact (kids drinks plenty, just not in a bar). Again I grew up with minimum age 21 in the 70's. It had not one thing to do with my maturity level or work ethic, and I too drank plenty and had no problems getting booze just as they don't today.
The President of the Philippines went on a killing spree by killing drug dealers and addicts. That dude is trolling.

https://www.hrw.org/tag/philippines-war-drugs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events