U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 10:15 AM

7,768 posts, read 4,619,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
It's clear that some of you have never experienced discrimination based on a disability that is beyond your control.
That was my first reaction, too. And clearly folks don't have a family member or loved one that is disabled. The first time I went to places in a wheel chair, I realize how hard it is for folks with mobility issues to get around these places. I cannot imagine being deaf or blind and trying to get around.

My question is to all the folks saying her son could have ordered. OK, this time he could have. What about times she is in the car by herself? Should she just go hungry instead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2019, 10:15 AM

8,862 posts, read 6,289,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
and they accused me of going off-topic
There are a lot of parallels between this incident and Falling Down. An Asian guy yelling you go! brought it immediately to mind....for obvious reasons.

You were off in outer space with your comments. Nonetheless, I didn't see anyone accuse you of anything. But I'll admit I didn't read all of every post.

Anyway, it doesn't take a whole lot of imagination to see Falling Down as a caricature of this incident.

Old 09-14-2019, 03:29 PM

1,627 posts, read 856,287 times
I'm just relieved that a headline about a fast food chain isn't another contamination story.

Old 09-14-2019, 05:14 PM

1,718 posts, read 496,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
At least we didn't go talking about underage sex.
Yes definitely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Eh, they can't cover every possible scenario, they'd never get the employees out of training and into actually working. Our training for this kind of thing basically consist of "assist as needed and treat them with dignity and respect, no differently than any other customer". It requires employees to use common sense, something you can't really train for.

And yeah, that longer video clip sure doesn't do that woman any favors. She may have a legitimate complaint against the employee but man she comes off as bad as he does with the screaming.
Yes enlightening video this one was.

Old 09-14-2019, 05:25 PM

1,640 posts, read 1,925,213 times
Lots of low wage employees in the service industry, with some level of authority, are on power trips these days. I seem to encounter them with somewhat regularity.

Old 09-14-2019, 06:35 PM

4,894 posts, read 1,890,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
At least we didn't go talking about underage sex.

I only casually referred to it as one on many contributing factors.. Sex in general is a dog-whistle to some other posters who don't wan to talk about anything other than that hysteria about anything sexual. Highjacking every thread that has the word "sex" in it, trying to resolve their own internal pathology and guilt.

Old 09-14-2019, 06:40 PM

4,776 posts, read 6,802,512 times
Quote:
I only casually referred to it as one on many contributing factors.. Sex in general is a dog-whistle to some other posters who don't wan to talk about anything other than that hysteria about anything sexual. Highjacking every thread that has the word "sex" in it, trying to resolve their own internal pathology and guilt.
How is this thread about sex other than you bringing it up?

I have no guilt at all, I'm just trying to wrap my head around your posts.

Old 09-14-2019, 08:36 PM

4,894 posts, read 1,890,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
How is this thread about sex other than you bringing it up?

I have no guilt at all, I'm just trying to wrap my head around your posts.
Try taking out the incidental reference to sex being included among numerous social factors (if you can) and it becomes easy to wrap your head around it.

My original Premise: America's institutionalized helicoptering nannyism, both culturally and statutorially, impede the development of decision-making through practice.

if you care to disagree with my opinion, without ad hominem remarks, I welcome your reasons for your view. Feel welcome to cite examples, as I did. If you needt to limit your thinking to a pre-occupation with sex (as you and others have so far), open a new thread, but do not expect me to reply to it, it is not that big an issue to me..

Last edited by cebuan; 09-14-2019 at 08:51 PM..

Old 09-14-2019, 08:41 PM

8,462 posts, read 3,321,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I tnink young persons attitude is more shaped by their role models than the age they can legally buy a drink. Even if the drinking age were 16, this kid was already pretty well formed by then as far as values and work ethic. We say mocking the disabled is wrong, yet....
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uNXgjnBpxGI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4604reEqk0

Old 09-15-2019, 08:30 AM

21,514 posts, read 17,106,755 times
Quote:
You are the only one who has appeared hysterical over sex here. You have been hyperbolic and dramatic, stating our age restrictions on sex with adults makes the U.S. “laughing stock of the world” and stating kids who can’t decide to have sex with adults are being “deprived of their rights”. Your posts have been over the top ridiculous as they relate to this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events