U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM

47,399 posts, read 34,754,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The son took a two hour video. Whoís going to watch all that?
A jury?
Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:21 AM

161 posts, read 33,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I do not think the drive through is the place for a deaf person to place an order. Nor is it a place for a mute person to place an order. Nor a blind person. Nor a pedestrian (it is a DRIVE up, not a WALK up!). Nor someone who does not speak American English.
I wonder how many people were working that night who were conversant in sign language?

However, the employee was just as wrong as the customer. The manager ( shift boss) should have been brought in for guidance immediately. "HELP! I can not take this person's order, what should I do?"
Yes, to me also it seems like an entitled person looking for a confrontation with a payday at the end. I would love to be on the jury for that lawsuit! I would ask "Is it reasonable to require that every employer have on staff at all times employees conversant in every possible sign language and spoken language on Earth??"
IMO, no it is not reasonable.
BINGO!. Deaf people can write eh? Then come at 4am with a note of what you'd like to order

Problem solved

Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM

Actually if I recall, no one is able to order at the window during odd hrs. Orders must be completed at the first window as Jack in the Box isn't set up, at 4am, to do otherwise.

That's something I believe happened once when I tried to drive up to the window order and pay at 4am.

So the employee couldn't do it differently. He's also probably pissed sensing a set up.

4am is not a good time for any restaurants to have accomodations for the deaf

Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM

21,637 posts, read 17,162,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraR. View Post
BINGO!. Deaf people can write eh? Then come at 4am with a note of what you'd like to order

Problem solved
She didn't need to write a note in any case, she speaks quite clearly. She just can't use the speaker because she can't hear anything said back to her.

Old Yesterday, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Actually if I recall, no one is able to order at the window during odd hrs. Orders must be completed at the first window as Jack in the Box isn't set up, at 4am, to do otherwise.

That's something I believe happened once when I tried to drive up to the window order and pay at 4am.

So the employee couldn't do it differently. He's also probably pissed sensing a set up.

4am is not a good time for any restaurants to have accomodations for the deaf
I am not sure what you mean, not set up. I don''t think she would have cared what window it was, she just couldn't do it at the speaker. He was standing right in front of her, talking to her, why couldn't he just call back what she ordered? She'd have had to pay there regardless, right? There weren't other customers there, why would he have been hamstrung?

Old Today, 10:27 AM

Quote:
She didn't need to write a note in any case, she speaks quite clearly. She just can't use the speaker because she can't hear anything said back to her.
Hence the note

Old Today, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Hence the note
I donít get the note if she can speak

Old Today, 11:52 AM

4,799 posts, read 6,817,714 times
Quote:
I donít get the note if she can speak
With a note, she wouldn't have to repeat or explain what she was ordering. I've given a note at subway before to keep my friends order straight.

Old Today, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
With a note, she wouldn't have to repeat or explain what she was ordering. I've given a note at subway before to keep my friends order straight.
But she still couldnít be at the speaker with a note. And face to face at the window she reads lips and speaks fine. Face to face she didnít need a note, she could tell him what she wanted and what he says back. She argued with him for two hours, they had no problems understanding each other.

Old Today, 02:26 PM

4,799 posts, read 6,817,714 times
Quote:
But she still couldnít be at the speaker with a note. And face to face at the window she reads lips and speaks fine. Face to face she didnít need a note, she could tell him what she wanted and what he says back. She argued with him for two hours, they had no problems understanding each other.
lol ok then
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events