U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2019, 04:43 PM

10,114 posts, read 6,990,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Apparently it's much easier to do what you want, and then pull out the Race Card when someone objects.

It's simple. If ya got a bigger, curvier body, wear a bigger, curvier swimsuit. It's shameful the young girl doesn't understand basic commonsense. My guess is she's an attention seeker.
The school gave her the uniform.
I normally agree with most of your posts, but in this case... I can't. When I played competitive sports, the team issued the jersey they deemed "appropriate" for my size.
Same thing with my son who now plays travel soccer. I thought his shorts were a bit on the short side, but it's what was issued. I COULD whine and try to get a bigger size, I guess, but really, it's sports. Does fashion matter that much? Is it going to hinder his performance? No.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 05:53 PM

17,608 posts, read 17,884,289 times
Quote:
Apparently it's much easier to do what you want, and then pull out the Race Card when someone objects.

It's simple. If ya got a bigger, curvier body, wear a bigger, curvier swimsuit. It's shameful the young girl doesn't understand basic commonsense. My guess is she's an attention seeker.
Nope, she followed directions and wears the school issued uniform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I normally agree with most of your posts, but in this case... I can't. When I played competitive sports, the team issued the jersey they deemed "appropriate" for my size.
Same thing with my son who now plays travel soccer. I thought his shorts were a bit on the short side, but it's what was issued. I COULD whine and try to get a bigger size, I guess, but really, it's sports. Does fashion matter that much? Is it going to hinder his performance? No.
I have seen HS swim team photographs where the suits fit & look dramatically different depending on the shape of the teen. Same design of suit but much different in appearance depending on if the teen is tall or short or thin or curvy.

Old 09-13-2019, 06:14 PM

25,635 posts, read 24,546,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
The story linked is also saying this specific female judge has been targeting this gal and her sister; they feel because the girls are mixed.
I guess that's different than shaken or stirred.

Old 09-13-2019, 07:02 PM

3,980 posts, read 2,075,989 times
Quote:
What?! I missed that part! That's crazy.

I just changed my opinion, which is something that doesn't happen often. Thanks for the correction, Arcenal.

Old 09-14-2019, 09:58 AM

15,443 posts, read 8,842,455 times
Quote:
Quote:
What?! I missed that part! That's crazy.

I just changed my opinion, which is something that doesn't happen often. Thanks for the correction, Arcenal.
Are there seriously school sports programs that DON'T give/specify the uniform for that sport? Baseball? Basketball? Football? Soccer? Volleyball? Why would swimming differ? I guess because so many people want sooooo much to blame the girl and not the ish going on in the sport itself.

And "just get a bigger suit" doesn't necessarily solve the problem. Frankly, what I also dislike is any argument that the overall cut of these suits is required for the sake of aerodynamics. If anyone can prove that the drag on these suits is high enough to impact race outcomes compared to something with boycut legs, please do. At least then girls wouldn't have to worry about anything riding up and people would have one less thing to ***** about - then we could all just concentrate on the sport as intended.

Old 09-14-2019, 11:01 AM

245 posts, read 125,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
*blinks into screen*

Did you actually expect to see photos of an underage girl's buttocks in a news article?
FBI raid teams are in their vans and the engines are running.

Old 09-14-2019, 11:39 AM

21,631 posts, read 17,162,881 times
I’m glad they reinstated her victory. One thing I don’t get is why this judge allowed her to compete, never said one word to the coach or her before her race, but let her compete and win before immediately stripping her of her title and humiliating her. Should not still be a judge in this sport IMO.

Old 09-14-2019, 05:08 PM

6,673 posts, read 6,920,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Iím glad they reinstated her victory. One thing I donít get is why this judge allowed her to compete, never said one word to the coach or her before her race, but let her compete and win before immediately stripping her of her title and humiliating her. Should not still be a judge in this sport IMO.

My guess is that she didn't have the offending wedgie when she got into the pool, but all the kicking, etc. plus the cut of the school-issued caused it.

Old 09-14-2019, 05:08 PM
KCZ

1,807 posts, read 1,045,266 times
Where the heck is the girl's mother in all this? Hasn't this girl ever been told that swimming with a wedgie isn't appropriate in a high school pool, whether it's done competitively or not?

Old 09-14-2019, 05:51 PM

7,012 posts, read 4,356,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
My guess is that she didn't have the offending wedgie when she got into the pool, but all the kicking, etc. plus the cut of the school-issued caused it.
I would happily give the girl and her coach the benefit of the doubt and assume they had no idea this might happen, but apparently the fit of the swimsuit was an issue last season as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or