Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 12:06 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,036,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I tend to agree with you. Jail and prison time should, in my view, be reserved for people who are literally a danger to society. I don't place this in that category.

But I do think she deserves to be punished. Just not sure what is appropriate.
What about white collar crime? 14 days is a slap on the wrist or less. A travesty I say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2019, 12:07 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,753,835 times
I think it’s appropriate sentence.

Old 09-14-2019, 01:52 PM

15,407 posts, read 7,472,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
What about white collar crime? 14 days is a slap on the wrist or less. A travesty I say.
She plead guilty to a felony. She loses the right to vote, own firearms, and a multitude of other things.She won't be able to travel without permission from the government until her probation is complete, which might make it hard for her to work. It seems an appropriate penalty overall.

Old 09-14-2019, 02:13 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,446,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I tend to agree with you. Jail and prison time should, in my view, be reserved for people who are literally a danger to society. I don't place this in that category.

But I do think she deserves to be punished. Just not sure what is appropriate.
You support leniency for white collar crime ?

This is a society issue .. so I tend to think when the evidence supports the charges. Justice needs served. Prison time is more adequate for this crime.

Old 09-14-2019, 02:22 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,446,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRosencranz View Post
The smartest thing she has done is to get it all over with quickly. What it's 6 months since her arrest?

Good lawyer. She can do her time and community service and move on with life.

Lori and Mossimo are trying for acquittal or technicality. They have money to burn. And their charges are far worse. But their lives are going to be a mess for a long long long time.
They are using their marriage as a united defense. It's a smart move on their part ...even though I find it scummy of them to do so..
It's the old police quandry of knowing two hoods were in the room but they can't prove which one pulled the trigger. That's what Lori is hedging on.
This is the part of the white collar crime I find repugnant.
Ohh this power couple know they are guilty ..but by golly with the federal reserve in their favor ($$$$$$).They'll play the "wasn't me" tune til the music stops.

Let the justice use them as an example. Serve time and set the message straight.

Old 09-14-2019, 03:26 PM

1,554 posts, read 1,046,586 times
To me, paying to have SAT results falsified is worse than making a sizeable monetary donation to the school.

Old 09-14-2019, 03:41 PM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
To me, paying to have SAT results falsified is worse than making a sizeable monetary donation to the school.
If you are talking about Lori and her husband, they never made a donation to the school, only bribes to individuals such as the rowing coach. The schools weren’t involved as a whole, the mastermind, the guy Singer was the go between and set up the false charity and told them how much to put in to pay off various individual people, but no amount was actually donated to anything or anyone.

To me falsifying SATs is bad but photoshopping your kids so they appear to be rowing crew when they have never done that, and paying the coach off to claim they are being “recruited” for the team is worse.

Old 09-14-2019, 03:49 PM

22,654 posts, read 24,581,931 times
She was just one of the very few to get caught, this type thingy is very common.

Old 09-14-2019, 07:06 PM

3,141 posts, read 1,596,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
You support leniency for white collar crime ?

This is a society issue .. so I tend to think when the evidence supports the charges. Justice needs served. Prison time is more adequate for this crime.
Agree; there needs to be a severe deterrent like jail time; fines mean nothing to those operating in these leagues.

Old 09-14-2019, 07:11 PM

656 posts, read 1,374,878 times
Meanwhile people are sitting in jail rotting for much much less. Her and the courts are a sham. If she were brown and poor she would get 2 years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events