Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 06:21 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,421,387 times

Advertisements

A woman in Louisville, Kentucky, is accusing a local Taco Bell of kicking her and a group of homeless people out as she was buying them dinner.

Shannon Gridley’s attempt at a random act of kindness began Tuesday night when she was driving under an overpass and she noticed three people sitting nearby.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/taco-bell...191604691.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2019, 06:25 PM

128,066 posts, read 11,818,787 times
I can hardly blame TB for not allowing them to use the restrooms, I have heard horror stories from people in business who have allowed them to use the facilities. But it was a kind thing for her to do. I hope they got to enjoy the tacos.

Old 09-14-2019, 10:48 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,726,588 times
Maybe the employees heard about the homeless woman who stuck a needle in a Taco Bell employee a few months ago.

According to the article not all of the 20 people got food. Instead of virtue signaling, had the woman ordered the food and delivered it to them, they would have. Of course, then she wouldn't have had to notify WHAS.

Stay tuned, though. She said next time, she's taking them to McDonald's.

Old 09-14-2019, 11:11 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,424,979 times
How did Taco Bell know the people were homeless?

Old 09-14-2019, 11:54 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,076,012 times
I can see why they didn’t want 20 people using the restroom that were homeless. Nobody would be able to use that restroom the rest of the night. If they’re located right by the overpass that restroom policy was put in place for a reason. It’s a restaurant not a shelter or a bathhouse. I stopped going to a place a while ago because several times when I was there a young woman would go to the restroom and be in there for a long time. When she’d come out she’d have hooker clothes on and be all made up. The last time I was there she’d go into the restroom and then a guy would go in the same restroom and come out 10 minutes later. Then she’d come out and sit back in her booth with her drink. Then another guy would walk in and the same thing would happen. She was using the restroom to bathe, change clothes and do prostitution. I just stopped going there.

Old 09-15-2019, 01:26 AM

15,242 posts, read 12,832,523 times
The story's on Yahoo by way of PuffHo, so you know there are key facts that were left out.

Old 09-15-2019, 04:16 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,511,045 times
Whatever Taco Bell does they'll face criticism. If they allow homeless to use the restroom, even if they are paying customers, they run the very real risk of turning off other customers due to whatever the homeless do in the bathrooms. If they don't allow homeless to use the restrooms, they'll have stories like this run accusing them of being "inhumane and insensitive" and all the negative publicity that comes with it. I don't have a solution but I'm just glad I don't have to make that decision.

I know I may catch some criticism from this, but IMO buying the homeless the occasional meal is more for the buyer's own ego than actually helping the homeless. Kind of like the "give a man a fish you'll feed him for a day. Teach him to fish and you'll feed him for life" deal. Buying the homeless a meal doesn't really solve any of their problems. I guess it'll make them feel good for a while as well as buoy the buyer's sense of self worth but I think there are better things that can be done if you really want to help the homeless, such as donating to organizations that help them or offering your time.

Old 09-15-2019, 04:59 AM

11,557 posts, read 5,615,033 times
The woman was wrong - she shouldn't have paraded 20 people into a restaurant like that - she should have ordered food to go and taken it back to the people to enjoy - just ask for those wet wipes so they could clean their hands or pick a box up at the Dollar store.

I side with TB - due to the mental problems many of the homeless have - they do have a responsibility to protect all their customers and employees. And with 20 people in this group - they would have been in that restaurant for a couple of hours as I'm sure they would have used the bathrooms to wash up.

Old 09-15-2019, 05:29 AM

13,258 posts, read 8,346,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeCPA View Post
Whatever Taco Bell does they'll face criticism. If they allow homeless to use the restroom, even if they are paying customers, they run the very real risk of turning off other customers due to whatever the homeless do in the bathrooms. If they don't allow homeless to use the restrooms, they'll have stories like this run accusing them of being "inhumane and insensitive" and all the negative publicity that comes with it. I don't have a solution but I'm just glad I don't have to make that decision.

I know I may catch some criticism from this, but IMO buying the homeless the occasional meal is more for the buyer's own ego than actually helping the homeless. Kind of like the "give a man a fish you'll feed him for a day. Teach him to fish and you'll feed him for life" deal. Buying the homeless a meal doesn't really solve any of their problems. I guess it'll make them feel good for a while as well as buoy the buyer's sense of self worth but I think there are better things that can be done if you really want to help the homeless, such as donating to organizations that help them or offering your time.
human necessity:
FOOD
CLOTHING
SHELTER

Pretty sure that in itself is reason enough to feed a person for a day...so they can have the energy to make it thru. But hey...Lets go with your idea of waiting thirty days or more and see who still has hunger pangs...

The audacity that some "assume" homeless folks have no civil manners is beyond pathetic. I know poverty ....so I take offense that its assumed most are without manners. Manners just dont fly out the window based on the persons economic stance. ALthough I do know some well to do that have little manners when scoffing at the homeless trying to survive.

Ohh do tell....What secret thing do homeless do in bathrooms?? Inquiring minds want to know!

Old 09-15-2019, 07:52 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,424,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
human necessity:
FOOD
CLOTHING
SHELTER

Pretty sure that in itself is reason enough to feed a person for a day...so they can have the energy to make it thru. But hey...Lets go with your idea of waiting thirty days or more and see who still has hunger pangs...

The audacity that some "assume" homeless folks have no civil manners is beyond pathetic. I know poverty ....so I take offense that its assumed most are without manners. Manners just dont fly out the window based on the persons economic stance. ALthough I do know some well to do that have little manners when scoffing at the homeless trying to survive.

Ohh do tell....What secret thing do homeless do in bathrooms?? Inquiring minds want to know!
No. True enough about life necessities, but that's a personal responsibility. Just being "homeless" isn't enough motivation for me to feed/clothe/shelter them every day. If that's what YOU chose to do, go for it, but don't put your sick demands on the rest of us. I'm willing to hand out an inexpensive fishing pole and some bait now and then, but I won't do the fishing, gutting, filleting and frying. Go fish!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events