Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 07:16 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,955,121 times

Advertisements

Taco Bell isn't a social services organization. All this fake indignation is getting to be a bit much.

With 29 agencies providing services to assist people on the street, Louisville isn't lacking in volunteer opportunities and ways to help the homeless. But then dear Ms. Gridley would have been only one volunteer among many.

I'm afraid this was indeed all about her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2019, 07:31 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times
I'm really not a fan of these grandstanding attempts at 'social charity.' It was indeed about her

This isn't the first time things like this has been done, and it's usually accompanied by self congratulatory social media posts about what a great person you are.

Think about it from the restaurant and other customer's perspectives. A bunch of homeless people aren't the most hygienic of groups.

Restaurants need to have signs banning such stunts happening in their businesses.

Old 09-15-2019, 01:49 PM

130,170 posts, read 12,088,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
human necessity:
FOOD
CLOTHING
SHELTER

Pretty sure that in itself is reason enough to feed a person for a day...so they can have the energy to make it thru. But hey...Lets go with your idea of waiting thirty days or more and see who still has hunger pangs...

The audacity that some "assume" homeless folks have no civil manners is beyond pathetic. I know poverty ....so I take offense that its assumed most are without manners. Manners just dont fly out the window based on the persons economic stance. ALthough I do know some well to do that have little manners when scoffing at the homeless trying to survive.

Ohh do tell....What secret thing do homeless do in bathrooms?? Inquiring minds want to know!
break or steal things, or leave feces on the floor. This has happened. Of course not all homeless do this, but some do, & it only takes one bad apple.

Old 09-15-2019, 02:24 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Maybe the employees heard about the homeless woman who stuck a needle in a Taco Bell employee a few months ago.

According to the article not all of the 20 people got food. Instead of virtue signaling, had the woman ordered the food and delivered it to them, they would have. Of course, then she wouldn't have had to notify WHAS.

Stay tuned, though. She said next time, she's taking them to McDonald's.
She was ringing her bells and her drums.....

also

Love Is Never Boastful And Proud Charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 1 Corinthians 13:4

Old 09-15-2019, 02:38 PM

4,569 posts, read 5,670,073 times
Red face Manager said I was lucky I hadn't arrived five minutes later, or it'd have been more than just his feet that were bare

If she'd stuck with the initial three guests, almost certainly none of this drama would've happened.

Quote:
The audacity that some "assume" homeless folks have no civil manners is beyond pathetic. I know poverty ....so I take offense that its assumed most are without manners. Manners just dont fly out the window based on the persons economic stance. ALthough I do know some well to do that have little manners when scoffing at the homeless trying to survive.
No, "Manners just dont fly out the window based on the persons economic stance", but the chronically homeless are often in that situation for reasons beyond simple lack of money, and manners do just fly out the window when your mind is no longer all there.

Quote:
Ohh do tell....What secret thing do homeless do in bathrooms?? Inquiring minds want to know!
Bathe.

Oh, and laundry -- I once walked in on a guy standing in front of the sink, barefoot, washing his socks with the hand soap.

Old 09-15-2019, 02:50 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
A woman in Louisville, Kentucky, is accusing a local Taco Bell of kicking her and a group of homeless people out as she was buying them dinner.

Shannon Gridley’s attempt at a random act of kindness began Tuesday night when she was driving under an overpass and she noticed three people sitting nearby.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/taco-bell...191604691.html
is there a problem here?

maybe this hero lady should feed these homeless people in her own home. not so generous all the sudden is she.

Old 09-15-2019, 02:52 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
human necessity:
FOOD
CLOTHING
SHELTER

Pretty sure that in itself is reason enough to feed a person for a day...so they can have the energy to make it thru. But hey...Lets go with your idea of waiting thirty days or more and see who still has hunger pangs...

they pee/crap all over the place. they put random junk in the toilet. they break things intentionally. they can be extremely foul smelling and leave the bathroom smelling like them.

people who are fortunate to not have to deal with this are probably totally ignorant about the problems with letting homeless people use your facilities.

Last edited by CaptainNJ; 09-15-2019 at 03:01 PM..

Old 09-15-2019, 03:03 PM

1,892 posts, read 2,532,419 times
Quote:
human necessity:
FOOD
CLOTHING
SHELTER

If this lady didn't take the homeless to Taco Bell that day I doubt they would starve. Like I said, I think it's more for the ego of the buyer than really helping the homeless. To be clear, I'm aware that NOT ALL homeless people have no manners and exhibit bad behavior in situations like this. However, I will say that the homeless are far more likely to cause problems when you let them use the restrooms in places like Taco Bell. Do you disagree with my last statement? If YOU worked at that restaurant would you let homeless people use the bathroom there? Sure, a lot, maybe even most would not cause any trouble but compared to other customers, the likelihood is far greater of the homeless causing trouble.

Old 09-15-2019, 04:04 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
She's using homeless people as a prop.

Old 09-15-2019, 04:09 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times
I wish these narcissist social media 'heroes' would stop inconveniencing the rest of the general public.

If these people truly want to help the homeless or do a kind deed for them, then buy the food in the store and then give it to them outside, along with directions to the nearest homeless shelter and help resources for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events