U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 06:14 PM

167 posts, read 36,611 times

Advertisements

These guys were in absolutely no danger. Everyone know that Old Faithful gets activated at the visitor center. The rangers look out the window to ensure that everyone is clear before they press the geyser button.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2019, 06:51 PM

20,363 posts, read 19,340,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoge View Post
These guys were in absolutely no danger. Everyone know that Old Faithful gets activated at the visitor center. The rangers look out the window to ensure that everyone is clear before they press the geyser button.
LOL, people like that probably belong in Disneyworld, not a real, actual national park. If people like this get mauled by a grizzly bear or cooked in boiling mud, they asked for it and deserve it. Obey the signs, educate yourself, respect nature. Idiots like this could never have survived in the early days of this country when they actually had to live with nature.

Old 09-19-2019, 08:50 PM

1,396 posts, read 627,043 times
The title sounds like the beginning of a bad joke.

Old 09-19-2019, 10:03 PM

1,749 posts, read 505,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
We saw people chasing bison and ignoring the no dogs rule. Dogs make the wildlife angry. We left ours in the RV or took them in our car with us. We didnít walk them except in the campgrounds. They have huge signs up everywhere with warnings.
Some people are just dumb and canít be helped. I feel bad for the dog that had an owner that put it in harms way.

Old 09-19-2019, 10:05 PM

808 posts, read 259,872 times
I actually walked up to a few people with dogs and casually mentioned it.

Old 09-19-2019, 10:09 PM

1,749 posts, read 505,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
I actually walked up to a few people with dogs and casually mentioned it.

Good.

Old 09-20-2019, 03:12 AM

4,957 posts, read 1,916,734 times
There is a universal constant among dog owners. They believe their little darling is so well-behaved, it doesn't have to obey the rules that control other people's ordinary dogs.

If you want a dog AND travel, find someone to keep it. Your dog does not need to fulfill a life-long dream to see The Louvre..

Last edited by cebuan; 09-20-2019 at 03:25 AM..

Old 09-20-2019, 07:18 AM

21,629 posts, read 17,152,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
There is a universal constant among dog owners. They believe their little darling is so well-behaved, it doesn't have to obey the rules that control other people's ordinary dogs.

If you want a dog AND travel, find someone to keep it. Your dog does not need to fulfill a life-long dream to see The Louvre..
I don’t think it’s about dog owners. I think just people in general today decide which rules and laws they want to follow in which they don’t. It isn’t any different than the people in the left lane cruising along past the many signs that say “New Jersey law keep right past left.” There’s a “that doesn’t apply to me” attitude today across all groups whether dog owners, parents, older people, on and on. I don’t think there’s one specific group that disobeys rules and laws more than another.

It’s obviously not a universal constant among dog owners, because a dog owner just posted that they never do this.

Old 09-20-2019, 07:23 AM

11,031 posts, read 5,155,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Are you serious?
No, I was being facetious.

Old 09-20-2019, 08:14 AM

1,330 posts, read 662,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
As for reducing tourists, why do you think these places survive? Because people demand that they do.

It won't survive much longer as we know it should human activity continue to introduce lake trout, whirling disease, and whitebark pine blister rust.
It seems a paradox millions would visit on the premise of seeing nature, only to stumble over one another as though it were the city zoo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or