U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM

21,548 posts, read 17,119,959 times

Advertisements

Iím talking about the traditional dish not being a sandwich, not the bastardized version fast food chains put out.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chic...affles#History
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
And it's disgusting... As is "shrimp n grits," and a ton of these other southern mix-n-mashup random items together "dishes." Yuck.
Apparently I was wrong about it just being southern. In the link I posted to the other poster it first gained popularity in the 1860ís among the Pennsylvania Dutch and spread from there. I agree it sounds gross. Even when I order eggs and pancakes they need to be on separate dishes and eaten separately!

Old Yesterday, 01:19 PM

1,034 posts, read 37,608 times
This does sound gross!!

I dont think I would wanna try it.. (KFC has gone way down hill since they had BBQ chicken wings in the 90s)

Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM

9,747 posts, read 7,375,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Apparently I was wrong about it just being southern. In the link I posted to the other poster it first gained popularity in the 1860’s among the Pennsylvania Dutch and spread from there. I agree it sounds gross. Even when I order eggs and pancakes they need to be on separate dishes and eaten separately!

You can start a war with this one. People call Chicken and Waffles a southern dish.. I am born and raised southern and I had never even heard of this being a thing until 15 years ago or so. Never saw it on a menu until more recently.

We don't own this. We'll fight you over grits and cornbread and whether either should have sugar in them (NO!).. We have some weird stuff, like a pineapple and mayo sandwich (Don't ask).. But we do not take ownership of Chicken and Waffles.

Boiled peanuts are the official snack food of SC.. We take those seriously as well.. We order sweet tea and get a packet of sugar on the side.. There'll be hell to pay.

Old Yesterday, 02:52 PM

12,220 posts, read 21,882,153 times
What? I don't see any issues. I mean only 70% of American adults are obese or overweight...

...but want FREE healthcare!

It's interesting that the overweight rate hasn't really changed, what has is obese %.
Attached Thumbnails
KFC testing chicken and doughnuts sandwich-0b444d5b-c532-4201-b87e-5000a008a882.jpeg  

Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM

32,527 posts, read 37,194,693 times
Only somebody stoned could come up with such a combination.

Only somebody stoned at KFC would agree to make it.

Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM

32,527 posts, read 37,194,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
You can start a war with this one. People call Chicken and Waffles a southern dish.. I am born and raised southern and I had never even heard of this being a thing until 15 years ago or so. Never saw it on a menu until more recently.

We don't own this. We'll fight you over grits and cornbread and whether either should have sugar in them (NO!).. We have some weird stuff, like a pineapple and mayo sandwich (Don't ask).. But we do not take ownership of Chicken and Waffles.
I believe it came out of the Black Community. I have seen it on a limited basis for years but now it's more of a gimmick.

Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM

3,855 posts, read 1,687,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Sounds disgusting.

KFC chicken isn't as good as it was in the 50s/60s. Either that or my taste buds have changed. I certainly don't want to eat it on a doughnut.
I remember KFC being better even in the 80s and 90s. Now it seems disgusting.

Could be me, though.

Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
I remember KFC being better even in the 80s and 90s. Now it seems disgusting.

Could be me, though.
I feel like all the chains have gone downhill. I used to love Taco Bell but was disappointed last couple of times. And Dunkin Donuts used to actually make donuts. Now they come frozen and thereís about half a teaspoon of creme in them.

Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM

920 posts, read 434,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Only somebody stoned could come up with such a combination.

Only somebody stoned at KFC would agree to make it.
Drive past a Jack-in-the-Box late and youíll see stoners lined up at the drive through. Maybe KFC wants some of that action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events