U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 08:12 PM

21,564 posts, read 17,127,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivertowntalk View Post
What I don't understand is, when I go grocery shopping, the people in the produce department shopping are often very overweight. It is difficult to get around some of them, yet they are carefully buying produce? I had a neighbor, 89 years old, thin as a rail, who would stop at Burger King and buy a bag of 12 hamburgers and stick them in the fridge and graze on them.

I agree KFC used to be better in the 80's and 90's and their BBQ chicken was a big hit. In general, I think they are good still, but the coleslaw isn't as good as it used to be.
A lot of people like salads. There are overweight people in my family but itís just part of how we always had dinner that thereís salad first. They also like fruit, etc and there is always a veggie with dinner. Itís not unusual IMO to like produce and junk food too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 08:55 PM

12,238 posts, read 21,887,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
A lot of people like salads. There are overweight people in my family but it’s just part of how we always had dinner that there’s salad first. They also like fruit, etc and there is always a veggie with dinner. It’s not unusual IMO to like produce and junk food too.
They eat salad and put a creamy dressing with hundreds upon hundreds of calories on it, plus cheese, plus bacon bits and fried chicken etc etc.

Salads at chains with ranch of similar dressings have well over 1000 calories alone. Now throw in a beer and some fried appetizers and you're pushing 1500+ calories for a single meal.

Most folks issues are they eat a small amount of "veggie" (normally fried or cooked with butter) and a large amount of meat and bread.

Old Yesterday, 04:31 AM

21,564 posts, read 17,127,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
They eat salad and put a creamy dressing with hundreds upon hundreds of calories on it, plus cheese, plus bacon bits and fried chicken etc etc.

Salads at chains with ranch of similar dressings have well over 1000 calories alone. Now throw in a beer and some fried appetizers and you're pushing 1500+ calories for a single meal.

Most folks issues are they eat a small amount of "veggie" (normally fried or cooked with butter) and a large amount of meat and bread.
Yes I know they put fattening salad dressing on it. The post was in response to someone who asked why are they even in the produce department?

Old Yesterday, 06:00 AM

52,804 posts, read 42,417,203 times
I like pistachio pudding and I like mashed potatoes. Doesn't mean two things you like mixed together is a good idea.

Old Yesterday, 07:31 AM

129 posts, read 37,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Sounds disgusting.

KFC chicken isn't as good as it was in the 50s/60s. Either that or my taste buds have changed. I certainly don't want to eat it on a doughnut.

I agree, it's gone way downhill. I thought it was delicious up into the 90's. The last time I bought it was about 10 years ago and it was pretty pathetic. Now I'd rather have fried chicken from the grocery store deli than from KFC.

Using a glazed donut as a bun is nothing new. There was a hamburger joint doing that a decade ago. I think it's disgusting. I can't stand sweet stuff on my animal protein. Makes me gag.

Old Yesterday, 07:39 AM

448 posts, read 156,545 times
Shrimp and grits is amazing. And grits and greens. And boiled peanuts. But i draw the line at fried chicken and sweet breads.

Old Yesterday, 07:49 AM

12,376 posts, read 10,705,072 times
I got diarrhea just reading about this.

Old Yesterday, 08:28 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,787,616 times
Looks disgusting! On a side note, it's really strange that a major US chain like Popeye's has been "sold out" of their sandwich for over a month! That's unheard of.

Old Yesterday, 09:08 AM

562 posts, read 120,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
But they don't have all day breakfast so I will never get to eat one. I'm never hungry in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I got diarrhea just reading about this.

The GOOD kind of diarrhea, right? The kind when you still have the happy memory of how good the food was when it went into your mouth.

Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM

282 posts, read 236,937 times
I guess with the popularity of the heinous combo of chicken and waffles, why not chicken and donuts? Americans will eat anything sweet. What's next, cinnamon candy coated steak? Shrimp in vanilla pudding, oh wait, we already have that (shrimp and grits). Maybe foie gras with skittles? All examples of garbage American food that just need to go away and off menus so that good dishes can be offered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events