U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 03:14 PM

21,617 posts, read 17,142,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Cool, KFC is doing their part to fatten up the livestock.
Yeah and we all pay for it. Not cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2019, 03:28 PM

1,009 posts, read 353,415 times
Pretty sure that this kind of novelty sandwich has been offered by random hipster food places for a while now (without anyone saying it's particularly great and the next big thing). It's a publicity stunt by KFC and little else I imagine.

There's just not going to be enough demand to justify an actual release for a chain in a market where economies of scale are everything. It'd make more sense to start selling donuts as a dessert option.

Old 09-20-2019, 06:07 PM

5,630 posts, read 5,029,341 times
Not sure if they still do it, but KFC used to offer little packets of honey to put on their fried chicken. Not sure why everyone is so horrified by a combination of sweet and savory.

Old 09-20-2019, 06:16 PM

20,355 posts, read 19,333,769 times
A chicken sandwich would be fine but to make it with donuts is just one more way of getting stupid type people addicted to KFC food. It probably does taste sort of good--sweet stuff usually does taste good. But it's very fattening. And donuts are fried. So now we'll get more stupid people eating stuff like that and wondering why they're so fat.

Old 09-20-2019, 06:23 PM

1,747 posts, read 503,932 times
I enjoy my share of fast food but this just doesnít appeal to me. Seems gross and like overkill. Actually Iíve felt the same about the Popeye chicken sandwich also. Iíve reconsidered trying it after looking at a good photo of it and reading the ingredients etc. My mouth canít even open that big and itís a heart attack in a wrapper.

Old 09-20-2019, 06:31 PM

11,092 posts, read 4,505,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Not sure if they still do it, but KFC used to offer little packets of honey to put on their fried chicken. Not sure why everyone is so horrified by a combination of sweet and savory.
I know! Honey on chicken is delicious - but a FAR cry from a donut wrapped around a batter fried chicken patty.

Old 09-20-2019, 06:50 PM

58 posts, read 19,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
https://www.kktv.com/content/news/KF...560625771.html

"Move over Chick-fil-A and Popeyes Ė KFC may have taken the battle over chicken sandwiches to a new level.

The fast food chain announced itís testing a fried chicken sandwich that has glazed doughnuts as buns.

The sandwich will cost just under $6.

Customers can also choose a chicken and doughnuts basket meal Ė chicken tenders or bone-in chicken plus a doughnut Ė which will cost $5.49.

KFC said customers who just want a doughnut can add one to any meal for $1.

But the sweet and savory combos are not available nationwide. KFC is only testing them for a limited time in Norfolk and Richmond, Virginia, and in Pittsburgh."

Yum

Two of nature's perfect foods combined!

-white flour, white sugar, and white grease...

combined with crispy flour and grease encasing hormone saturated chicken.

Perfect
Haha, I bet the health insurance lobbyists in Washington DC will try and get that outlawed, or at least some kind of warning labels like they have on cigarettes and alcohol.

Old 09-20-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Donít think anyoneís horrified by anything but the nutritional content. I just donít like sweet things with savory things. No pineapple on my pizza, raisins in my stuffing, biscuits on my egg sandwich or honey mustard dressing. Itís a preference, not a judgment.

Old 09-20-2019, 06:51 PM

3,485 posts, read 1,459,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Now all we need is for some FF place to come up with a waffle burger.
Chicken and waffles
Doughnut Burger
Doughnut chicken sandwich
Waffle burger
I think that covers all the sweet/savory combos, lol
Nope, there's a chocolate chip corn dog in the frozen section that no one is capitalizing on yet.

Old 09-20-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011KTM530 View Post
Haha, I bet the health insurance lobbyists in Washington DC will try and get that outlawed, or at least some kind of warning labels like they have on cigarettes and alcohol.
They donít do that, the food lobby is more powerful anyway. They manage to get pizza listed as a vegetable for school lunches LOL. They just lobby to raise insurance premiums more and cut coverage more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events