Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 06:42 AM

7,159 posts, read 9,267,356 times

Advertisements

https://www.kktv.com/content/news/KF...560625771.html

"Move over Chick-fil-A and Popeyes – KFC may have taken the battle over chicken sandwiches to a new level.

The fast food chain announced it’s testing a fried chicken sandwich that has glazed doughnuts as buns.

The sandwich will cost just under $6.

Customers can also choose a chicken and doughnuts basket meal – chicken tenders or bone-in chicken plus a doughnut – which will cost $5.49.

KFC said customers who just want a doughnut can add one to any meal for $1.

But the sweet and savory combos are not available nationwide. KFC is only testing them for a limited time in Norfolk and Richmond, Virginia, and in Pittsburgh."

Yum

Two of nature's perfect foods combined!

-white flour, white sugar, and white grease...

combined with crispy flour and grease encasing hormone saturated chicken.

Perfect
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 06:59 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,449,511 times
Sounds disgusting.

KFC chicken isn't as good as it was in the 50s/60s. Either that or my taste buds have changed. I certainly don't want to eat it on a doughnut.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:34 AM

16,023 posts, read 21,048,919 times
Now all we need is for some FF place to come up with a waffle burger.
Chicken and waffles
Doughnut Burger
Doughnut chicken sandwich
Waffle burger
I think that covers all the sweet/savory combos, lol

Old 09-18-2019, 09:41 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,150,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Sounds disgusting.

KFC chicken isn't as good as it was in the 50s/60s. Either that or my taste buds have changed. I certainly don't want to eat it on a doughnut.
I have noticed the same thing, Java. KFC is nowhere near as good as when I was younger. Even the mashed potatoes and coleslaw aren't as good and I used to die for their coleslaw.

Old 09-18-2019, 09:48 AM

6,294 posts, read 2,859,864 times
I have to try it! Is it just a plain donut? I like orange donuts. Or maple - that would be like the chicken and waffles.

Old 09-18-2019, 10:21 AM

50,512 posts, read 36,201,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
https://www.kktv.com/content/news/KF...560625771.html

"Move over Chick-fil-A and Popeyes – KFC may have taken the battle over chicken sandwiches to a new level.

The fast food chain announced it’s testing a fried chicken sandwich that has glazed doughnuts as buns.

The sandwich will cost just under $6.

Customers can also choose a chicken and doughnuts basket meal – chicken tenders or bone-in chicken plus a doughnut – which will cost $5.49.

KFC said customers who just want a doughnut can add one to any meal for $1.

But the sweet and savory combos are not available nationwide. KFC is only testing them for a limited time in Norfolk and Richmond, Virginia, and in Pittsburgh."

Yum

Two of nature's perfect foods combined!

-white flour, white sugar, and white grease...

combined with crispy flour and grease encasing hormone saturated chicken.

Perfect
I think it sounds disgusting. I don’t like sweet bread with savory food. I don’t even like breakfast sandwiches on biscuits. More so though, it’s just disgusting that people want to eat like this. I’ve been working in healthcare for 20 years. I think if people had any clue how much obesity and diabetes cost us financially as a country they wouldn’t take it so lightly.

Old 09-18-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I have noticed the same thing, Java. KFC is nowhere near as good as when I was younger. Even the mashed potatoes and coleslaw aren't as good and I used to die for their coleslaw.
I agree. The mashed potatoes used to be good. Now they are even worse than dehydrated mashed potato flakes. To me, the only chicken place that has good side dishes anymore is Boston market.

Old 09-18-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Now all we need is for some FF place to come up with a waffle burger.
Chicken and waffles
Doughnut Burger
Doughnut chicken sandwich
Waffle burger
I think that covers all the sweet/savory combos, lol
Chicken and waffles is actually a real dish, it’s been around for 100 years at least but more common in the south. It’s not a sandwich though.

Old 09-18-2019, 11:25 AM

15,709 posts, read 9,480,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Chicken and waffles is actually a real dish, it’s been around for 100 years at least but more common in the south. It’s not a sandwich though.
Try Google. It's your friend.

Burger King’s Maple Waffle Sandwiches Are Better Than the McGriddles

KFC's chicken & waffle sandwich is the best of its new dishes and unlike anything else on the menu

Bruxie - The Original Fried Chicken And Waffle Sandwich

Old 09-18-2019, 11:44 AM

16,921 posts, read 15,181,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
And it's disgusting... As is "shrimp n grits," and a ton of these other southern mix-n-mashup random items together "dishes." Yuck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events