U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 06:04 PM

5,564 posts, read 1,107,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I have seen these movies and read the books when they first came out -- Carrie, Christine, Cujo, Mist, Pet Cemetery, Salem's Lot, The Stand, The Shining and Misery. The books, all of them, were better by far then the movies, but some of the movies were pretty good.

I used to be a huge fan of Stephen King in his very early years. Salem's Lot scared the daylights out of me. I still remember feeling the fear when little Danny Glick came back as a vampire. Yikes! I was hooked on King after that.
There is a 1993 horror movie similar to "Cujo". This movie, "Man's Best Friend", is about a killer Tibetan Mastiff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:34 AM

96 posts, read 18,921 times
Hack saw movies aren't really my thing either (don't do anything for me, totally boring and predictable). I liked the Exorcist, Poltergeist, The Ring... Also saw Ringu (Japanese version but not as scary, total anti-climax ) and most of the others on the list. I still enjoy Carrie. It the movie was ok. The acting is pretty goofy but very entertaining. I liked the second It (most recent one) more, much better cinematography and film making...the company was better.

Old Today, 01:43 AM

9,304 posts, read 11,058,713 times
The Shining. Just scares the bejeezus out of me. Jack Nicholson tap tap tapping away at his typewriter and you know he's losing it. Little Danny on his Big Wheel riding through the empty halls of the hotel, that cinematography is incredible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events