U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 03:23 PM

180 posts, read 389,652 times

Advertisements

More black market THC vapes in the news.
Blame nicotene, blame e-cigs, blame blueberries + blame pancake flavorings! so evil.
whatever you do - never blame the drug dealers.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...n-CYANIDE.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 03:29 PM

21,738 posts, read 17,208,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I agree, I wouldn't buy any vape cartridges unless it was in a state where weed is legal and tested. Regarding Seresto - we got two counterfeit collars from Ebay. OMG what a mess the dogs started scratching within a day or two after putting them on and within a week they were full of fleas, it was obvious that the collar was fake, but it was perfect, right down to the packaging and the tape that seals the can. I returned them and got them from Petsmart, if you hunt for it you can find a list of legit Seresto dealers on the Bayer website and Petsmart was listed and was cheaper than the vet.
Good to know!

Old 09-27-2019, 06:12 PM

4 posts, read 242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Right I think weíve all acknowledged that including those of us who smoke or Vape. Itís a very difficult addiction to quit.
Unless you vape ejuice that hasn't got any nicotine in it. then it isn't addictive in any since unless you are mentally ill.

Old 09-27-2019, 07:09 PM

1,784 posts, read 515,494 times
Itís because the vaping flavors are so appealing to kids . Iíve noticed more adults particularly women vaping or starting to vape. A couple women I know just recently purchased these very decorative expensive jeweled vapors. A group of us were out at lunch last week and one vaped more than she ate. Several asked where she got her vape device as they all loved it.

Interesting she was not a former smoker so this just started a couple months ago.

Old 09-28-2019, 06:33 AM

Per NBC news, the CDC is now focusing on the THC vaped as a cause. 77% of the people who developed the illness admitted to vaping THC carts vs e-cigs. Many probably wonít admit. They are finding a chemical in the counterfeit vapes that may or may not be a cause but they are testing them now. I donít know that there are any that only used flavored e-cigs and not THC carts.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0Yh5XI9jTA

Old 09-28-2019, 06:39 AM

609 posts, read 211,419 times
Nobody tried to raise the tobacco age to 21 when teen smoking was common, yet once vaping became a thing, everyone and their mother started raising the age.

Old 09-28-2019, 08:12 AM

10,061 posts, read 5,604,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Itís because the vaping flavors are so appealing to kids . Iíve noticed more adults particularly women vaping or starting to vape. A couple women I know just recently purchased these very decorative expensive jeweled vapors. A group of us were out at lunch last week and one vaped more than she ate. Several asked where she got her vape device as they all loved it.

Interesting she was not a former smoker so this just started a couple months ago.
So is sweet liquors, alcoholic candies, etc...

If product attracted kids that we don't want them to access was the criteria for banning, we'd be banning a lot of things.... that includes smoking.

How about we just look at further restrictions towards access and the rest is a parents concern?

Old 09-28-2019, 09:04 AM

11,559 posts, read 3,049,853 times
I noticed this yesterday when I was in one of our stores, the Juul brand Ecigs only have 3 flavors now, since they were busted for having other flavors that was supposedly geared towards attracting kids...but BLU ecigs, and the RJ Reynolds Ecigs, they have about 18 different flavored juices, berry, vanilla, chia, green apple...I guess when they created that law about marketing to kids, it only applied to JUUL?!!

Plus, BLU Ecigs has a new counter top display case that was just shipped to all our stores, (at the perfect viewing height for teenagers no less!), a short video runs on a loop in this display, its hip advertising, very clearly marketed to a certain age range, not sure how they continually get away with this, when JUUL was busted for the same exact thing months ago.

Old 09-28-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I noticed this yesterday when I was in one of our stores, the Juul brand Ecigs only have 3 flavors now, since they were busted for having other flavors that was supposedly geared towards attracting kids...but BLU ecigs, and the RJ Reynolds Ecigs, they have about 18 different flavored juices, berry, vanilla, chia, green apple...I guess when they created that law about marketing to kids, it only applied to JUUL?!!

Plus, BLU Ecigs has a new counter top display case that was just shipped to all our stores, (at the perfect viewing height for teenagers no less!), a short video runs on a loop in this display, its hip advertising, very clearly marketed to a certain age range, not sure how they continually get away with this, when JUUL was busted for the same exact thing months ago.
Many cigarette companies market to kids. Who do you think the Marlboro catalog is made for? I've been to several concerts where they had a Camel tent, and pretty young girls and guys stand outside trying to get kids to come into the tent and sample different Camel cigarettes. Just the character Joe Camel is meant to appeal to young people. Why they are cracking down so much on e-cigs only IDK.

Old 09-28-2019, 11:11 AM

2,050 posts, read 1,426,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
People have been vaping for awhile but I would say in the last three years or so the number of people doing so has exploded.

Ten years ago there zero vape shops in my area. Now in my neighborhood alone there are 3-5 stores. Ten years ago there weren't too many people around vaping. Now I see people non-stop---all age groups. It's kind of interesting because where I live, smoking plummeted and once vaping really came into play, it's everywhere. The only difference is that the people vaping are a little more obnoxious and seem to think that the things that apply to smokers (not being able to smoke in stores, on public transit, etc.) do not apply to them.
I agree with you and also believe the industry has been careless with the advertising and distribution of its products. I also believe that some of the users are careless and occasionally obnoxious. I have been to car shows and see a wall of vapor dispatched by a young man. Here vaping and smoking is subject to the same regulations and has not seen it inside an establishment.

I have been observing the vaping industry from the beginning, much from just curiosity but to see if it could be helpful for smokers that want to quit and thus an investment in the stock market. However, noticing that the cigarette companies are buying into the vaping industry has changed my mind years ago.

During my research I have spoken with health professionals about vaping, not one suggested to start vaping, but all have indicated it would be better than smoking. At the beginning vaping was to help smokers to quit, I spoke with at least 20 or more, about half have returned to smoking.

I also found the many smokers start with a high amount of nicotine such as 18mg and reduced the level to only 3mg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or