U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:32 AM

12,322 posts, read 18,229,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Plus you look stupid doing it.
Yes.. you look like a damn moron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:36 AM

695 posts, read 211,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
e-cigarettes are essentially scaled down reinterpretations of the same principle behind a theatrical fog machine. They both heat up glycols that create that look. One is designed to cover a stage in 'fog,' the other is designed to cover the insides of the lungs with it.

What could go wrong with deliberately inhaling a concentrated volume of heated, vaporized glycol and various oil residue?
Interesting. Do you believe this is what has caused the vape deaths in recent news? If so, how?

Old Today, 02:25 AM

119 posts, read 18,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
People need to just quit smoking. I did it. Hubby did it. Friends and family have done it. It's a sick and disgusting habit that society shouldn't tolerate anywhere in public, whether it's from blowing out smoke or vapor into the air we breathe.

And like BirdieBelle said... people look stupid doing it.
Exactly! My dad successfully quit many years ago. I tried it but never got addicted. It's just so nasty having to be forced smelling that crap when people smoke near building entrances. I just wave my arms around an yell "pew!" And glare at the person.

Old Today, 04:53 AM

14,991 posts, read 10,971,904 times
And here we go (this won't be controversial at all)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
People need to just quit smoking. I did it. Hubby did it. Friends and family have done it. It's a sick and disgusting habit that society shouldn't tolerate anywhere in public, whether it's from blowing out smoke or vapor into the air we breathe.

And like BirdieBelle said... people look stupid doing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLisa83 View Post
Exactly! My dad successfully quit many years ago. I tried it but never got addicted. It's just so nasty having to be forced smelling that crap when people smoke near building entrances. I just wave my arms around an yell "pew!" And glare at the person.
It just seems funny that you guys are terming it "sick," "disgusting," and "nasty," yet you willfully did it. Now that you've quit, you're looking down on those who do. Seems very common with people who quit something. "I tried it but never got addicted." Thank your lucky stars, I guess?

I'm not a smoker, but I never get the rage against them. Ex-smokers can be the worst. (Like ex-overweighters, ex-alcoholics, etc....)

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; Today at 05:07 AM..

Old Today, 05:29 AM

10,102 posts, read 6,979,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

It just seems funny that you guys are terming it "sick," "disgusting," and "nasty," yet you willfully did it. Now that you've quit, you're looking down on those who do. Seems very common with people who quit something. "I tried it but never got addicted." Thank your lucky stars, I guess?

I'm not a smoker, but I never get the rage against them. Ex-smokers can be the worst. (Like ex-overweighters, ex-alcoholics, etc....)
Maybe they quit because it was “sick, disgusting and nasty.” Same with overweighters and alcoholics?

Old Today, 05:32 AM

14,991 posts, read 10,971,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Maybe they quit because it was “sick, disgusting and nasty.” Same with overweighters and alcoholics?
Well, yeah, but the outrage and disgust can seem a little over the top. Not necessarily in this thread, but just in general.

Old Today, 06:56 AM

3,974 posts, read 2,072,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

It's perfectly normal for an ex-smoker to feel this way once they've left the darkness and stepped into the light. Suck it up, buttercup.

Old Today, 07:01 AM

3,085 posts, read 2,129,630 times
Another issue that I don't think has been studied like traditional tobacco smoke is what effect the secondhand smoke from these things has on innocent bystanders. And like the OP was talking about they emit a pretty large cloud of "fog".

Old Today, 07:13 AM

10,008 posts, read 5,576,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
In what part of the world were high school students given accommodations within a school to smoke in the 1990's?
I'm not Canadian but I think I recall that Canada allowed smoking in high school up until relatively recently.

Old Today, 07:29 AM

3,085 posts, read 2,129,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Right? Some schools still had smoking areas in the 70's (a few in the early 80's). 90's? Well gone.
I don't know that these were actually school sanctioned areas but more likely areas where the students wouldn't get in trouble for smoking. If someone has some insight on the school actually formalizing these areas (i.e. putting a sign up that says "designated student smoking area", etc.), I'd be interested in knowing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or