Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2019, 02:42 AM

3,497 posts, read 2,659,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
what's interesting is that brief interview did more to broaden the scope of the problem than to narrow it towards prevention. Do you really think it supported your contention?
yes

I can see that young people are vaping and that old smoker's use vaping in order to quit smoking. I neither support nor condemn this practice. My only point is that vaping alone is not what is killing them, it is the black-market products they add.

Last edited by txfriend; 09-27-2019 at 02:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 02:44 AM

776 posts, read 394,059 times
What probably would have helped is if the FDA started regulating vapes during Obama’s first term.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:48 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,833,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
yes
It was about three minutes long; do you know how many times the words "may" and "might" were used during the interview? This appears to be a case of faulty "listening comprehension."

Old 09-27-2019, 03:05 AM

3,497 posts, read 2,659,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
It was about three minutes long; do you know how many times the words "may" and "might" were used during the interview? This appears to be a case of faulty "listening comprehension."
My listening is fine, how is the view from the bandwagon.

Old 09-27-2019, 03:28 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,833,849 times
Quote:
My listening is fine, how is the view from the bandwagon.
Wide, wide open.

Old 09-27-2019, 05:37 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,112,986 times
Literally every smoker and vaper I have ever spoken to advised me not to start smoking or vaping because "it is a bad habit". So, literally every one of them know it's a bad habit, but they do it anyway.

Old 09-27-2019, 06:26 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,468,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
I'm sure not all ex-smokers turn into jerks.

The truth is painful. Too many smokers don't want to hear the truth, so they insist that the rest of us shut up about their stinky, filthy habit. When we refuse to silence ourselves, they call us names.

Saying that cigarettes are dangerous, disgusting and "quittable", and that smokers are slowly killing themselves, is not being a jerk, jerk. Quit!

Old 09-27-2019, 06:33 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,567,354 times
What happened to personal responsibility? Why do we need government to tell us what to do? Yet, marijuana, which is mostly SMOKED is often being endorsed by government, at least at the State level.

I never smoked anything, so I have no skin in the game. People should be educated to the dangers of vaping and smoking (including MJ) and then the decision left up to them. However, I have seen in others how nicotine is so addictive. A friend of mine used to smoke cigarettes, and quit only to vape. He cradles that vaping device like a baby, constantly using it, and must have back ups to back ups of that damn liquid, plus extra batteries for the device in case they run out. It is an obsession.

Old 09-27-2019, 07:18 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,353,597 times
Quote:
People have been vaping for 10 years and just recently 6 or 7 people have died. It’s not the vaping that is killing them, it’s what the idiots add to the vape. 7782 children in the U.S. are shot every year, but guns will never be outlawed. It’s another witch hunt.
People have been vaping for awhile but I would say in the last three years or so the number of people doing so has exploded.

Ten years ago there zero vape shops in my area. Now in my neighborhood alone there are 3-5 stores. Ten years ago there weren't too many people around vaping. Now I see people non-stop---all age groups. It's kind of interesting because where I live, smoking plummeted and once vaping really came into play, it's everywhere. The only difference is that the people vaping are a little more obnoxious and seem to think that the things that apply to smokers (not being able to smoke in stores, on public transit, etc.) do not apply to them.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:00 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,093,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Literally every smoker and vaper I have ever spoken to advised me not to start smoking or vaping because "it is a bad habit". So, literally every one of them know it's a bad habit, but they do it anyway.
No one is saying it is a good habit or completely safe.... a counter argument (anecdotal at that) with no argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events