U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2019, 12:57 PM

168 posts, read 63,498 times

Advertisements

This is new, about the richest person on earth. OK, technically, he's not the richest person, but that's only because he gave away a significant part of his net worth a while back.

What do you think of Bill Gates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2019, 01:07 PM

10,304 posts, read 5,363,975 times
This probably belongs in the TV forum.

Old 09-22-2019, 01:32 PM

I would have expected someone to claim it belonged in P&OC.

Mr. Gates has created much. Recently his indestructible nuclear energy Terrapower, his toilet for areas with little water or electricity.

But you do your teevee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
This probably belongs in the TV forum.

Old 09-23-2019, 04:42 AM

159 posts, read 57,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf coast jon View Post
I would have expected someone to claim it belonged in P&OC.

Mr. Gates has created much. Recently his indestructible nuclear energy Terrapower, his toilet for areas with little water or electricity.

But you do your teevee.

I watched it. I think he is very admirable for tackling these difficult issues. Bringing affordable sanitation to 3rd world countries will be a big game changer if he's successful. No one should have to live in such filth and I admire Bill and Melinda Gates for taking such an interest in helping people who are unable to help themselves. I thought the nuclear segment was interesting too.

Old 09-23-2019, 10:37 AM

Thank you for the reply!

I've been following Bill Gates for decades. He was the "John McEnroe" of tech in the 80's and 90's. Brilliant, but not a source of good behavior. A gazillion dollars later, he seems to be an amazing contributor to our world.

His project management of new nuclear technology might be his most important contribution. Too bad it's currently being "trumped". Hope that changes in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veniceman View Post
I watched it. I think he is very admirable for tackling these difficult issues. Bringing affordable sanitation to 3rd world countries will be a big game changer if he's successful. No one should have to live in such filth and I admire Bill and Melinda Gates for taking such an interest in helping people who are unable to help themselves. I thought the nuclear segment was interesting too.

Old 09-24-2019, 03:37 PM

14,230 posts, read 21,113,822 times
I'm looking forward to seeing this!

Old Today, 12:56 PM

1,035 posts, read 923,169 times
Why do they need to show a zoomed poop, is it really necessary?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or