U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 02:46 PM

11,150 posts, read 21,750,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
This was the school resource officer. He was on site. I think most schools have resource officers now.
They do have resource officers in this school according to the presser about this incident where the cop was originally placed on 2 week leave. They're actually cops looking for more hours. This guy was on the force a long time. I wonder if he was fired and able to collect his pension or if that went when they did fire him because he has abuse allegations with his own son that he was fired for but he was never charged; so I'm sure he's going to lawyer up to fight it. Heck I would too. It wasn't more then allegations because they said he was punishing him son and good job. Heck, it just hit me, his name is probably all over the net. He can probably sue them for slander too for publicly naming him.

Maybe his son will sue for pain and suffering because now the abuse charges are all over

Presser
Orlando police officer who arrested 6-year-old students fired; kids won’t be prosecuted, state attorney says

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
To provide security and be a liaison between the school and the police. Clearly this guy thought it was to arrest little children
Yes and mentioned in this presser linked above the schools comment was they told him not to take both kids. The kids ended up both being 6 that he arrested that day. The little girl was booked all the way, her grandmother picked her up from juvenile detention center the 2nd one was not booked. Apparently that was shut down

Their saying how damaging being arrested will be to the kids but my opinion, not this girl because now she has such a great story to tell everyone plus her grandma is now collecting all this money on go fund me, for what I haven't googled yet. People have to be stupid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Maybe more details would be helpful. I don't think there is a security problem when a 6 year old is having a tantrum. I am having trouble understanding why he was called.
See my replies above. This isn't his normal job; he's a cop. Since he did arrest 2 kids that were 6, I wonder if what they did in class and to adults was bad enough to warrant it. According to the presser there are deescalation things they do to kids that young. I guess this cop wasn't aware of them.

He specifically was fired due to abusing his son so see my above comment for that so read the presser which mentioned his abuse case

Last edited by Roselvr; 09-29-2019 at 02:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2019, 03:49 PM

5,001 posts, read 2,443,004 times
People took away the rights for another adult or a teacher / principal to discipline a child - so now you have them calling the cops and the kids being arrested - that's what you get. People are afraid to speak up and discipline a child that's not their own let alone try and intervene in a situation because if you try to hold them back - the adult is charged with assault. Instead of feeling sorry for her - blame yourselves. And just maybe - she was scared enough that she'll straighten out though I doubt it as everyone is acting like she did no wrong.

The best program was the scared straight program for teenagers - makes them think twice. It's unfortunate that society has come to this but you've only yourselves to blame.

Old 09-29-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Hiding 1/2 your post that goes with what the other person said.

From what someone posted in the other thread that I reported as the same; the grandmother already made a go fund me that was at $15,000 when that person posted about it. I wonder what she even needs it for?

It could happen again if she didn't get suspended for kicking the teacher. She will kick again and be kicked out of this private school. I haven't read the thread in days since the cop was fired which was extreme. Suspended and retrained would be reasonable.

What if another person is right, she was kicked out of public school and it's why she's in private school is now my wonder after reading posts here...
The grandmother has made $150. I tried to report it because she's asking for the record to be wiped with an attorney she's already consulted (of course). I wanted the go fund me edited to say counseling only unless she's suing for the trauma the girl suffered with going all the way to juvie since her arrest is gone. For some reason their stupid form won't submit. I tried 3 times, twice from her go fund me and another from go fund me's main page. I hit submit but it never submits

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
People took away the rights for another adult or a teacher / principal to discipline a child - so now you have them calling the cops and the kids being arrested - that's what you get. People are afraid to speak up and discipline a child that's not their own let alone try and intervene in a situation because if you try to hold them back - the adult is charged with assault. Instead of feeling sorry for her - blame yourselves. And just maybe - she was scared enough that she'll straighten out though I doubt it as everyone is acting like she did no wrong.

The best program was the scared straight program for teenagers - makes them think twice. It's unfortunate that society has come to this but you've only yourselves to blame.

I doubt it will do anything for her due to all the publicity plus her grand mother started the go fund me. If she gets more donations then $150 I'll be shocked. Hopefully the school suspended her if not they will next time, then they'll kick her out because it's a private school

Old 09-30-2019, 03:58 AM

3,760 posts, read 1,755,265 times
Quote:
See my replies above. This isn't his normal job; he's a cop. Since he did arrest 2 kids that were 6, I wonder if what they did in class and to adults was bad enough to warrant it. According to the presser there are deescalation things they do to kids that young. I guess this cop wasn't aware of them.

He specifically was fired due to abusing his son so see my above comment for that so read the presser which mentioned his abuse case
That was what I was getting at, not that he shouldn't be fired. The school did not do their homework.

Old 09-30-2019, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
That was what I was getting at, not that he shouldn't be fired. The school did not do their homework.
The school told him not to arrest the kids, it's in the presser. I have only read about 3 articles.

Presser
Orlando police officer who arrested 6-year-old students fired; kids won’t be prosecuted, state attorney says

Old 09-30-2019, 07:21 AM

3,760 posts, read 1,755,265 times
Quote:
The school told him not to arrest the kids, it's in the presser. I have only read about 3 articles.

Presser
Yes, but it didn't sound like he was trained or perhaps somebody felt like no training was necessary. He got fired but for another reason.

Old 09-30-2019, 08:05 AM

23,264 posts, read 19,691,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post

The truth hurts. No one here will listen.

Old 10-04-2019, 10:32 PM

34,959 posts, read 34,131,082 times
The syrupy article made me want to puke. It's like reading a terrorist helps old ladies cross the street and works in a soup kitchen in his spare time. I give her 10 years before she gets charged with assault as an adult.

Old Today, 08:04 AM

Quote:
The grandmother has made $150. I tried to report it because she's asking for the record to be wiped with an attorney she's already consulted (of course). I wanted the go fund me edited to say counseling only unless she's suing for the trauma the girl suffered with going all the way to juvie since her arrest is gone. For some reason their stupid form won't submit. I tried 3 times, twice from her go fund me and another from go fund me's main page. I hit submit but it never submits

I doubt it will do anything for her due to all the publicity plus her grand mother started the go fund me. If she gets more donations then $150 I'll be shocked. Hopefully the school suspended her if not they will next time, then they'll kick her out because it's a private school
Happy to say that her 15 minutes of fame appear to be over. I just checked the grandmothers (Meralyn Kirkland) go fund me; she's only raised $150. No one has donated since the last time I looked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or