U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM

7,365 posts, read 2,667,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
From other reports I've read, this isn't the first time this child has acted up. Apparently, she curses and hits teachers and other adults she has a problem with. The people who excuse this behavior today because she's "just 6" are the same people who will wonder why she's a terror at 16, selling drugs, shooting other people, and breaking into their homes.

Should she have been arrested? Well, no. But like the kids who can't go to the bathroom by themselves and wipe their own butts in kindergarten and first grade, this child is obviously not ready to go to school. She either needs special schooling or to stay home. Personally, if I had a child in this girl's classroom and that girl was taking up so much of the teacher's time when that teacher is supposed to be teaching the class, I'd be upset.

By the way, she kicked a teacher and for those who think this is racism, the school resource officer is black.

Do you have a link citing her previous behaviors? How did you find that out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:58 PM

79,664 posts, read 72,252,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
According to this Time article, the 6 yr. old was not processed. No fingerprints, no mug shot.

"Kirkland told WKMG that she learned the child had her mugshot taken and was fingerprinted and charged with battery. Lt. Wanda Miglio, who conducts media relations for the Orlando police, said via email to TIME that the girlís photo was not taken and she was not fingerprinted.
Police said that the 8-year-old was arrested and processed at a Juvenile Assessment Center. The child was then released to their parents.
The police officer who had transported the 8-year-old didnít know that the officer had not obtained permission for the arrest, but the officer who arrested the 6-year-old stopped the child from being process once they learned that Turner had not obtained permission for the arrest, according to statements. The child was brought back to school before being brought to the Center."
https://time.com/5683453/children-ar...lorida-school/
Thank you for this clarification.

Old Yesterday, 02:01 PM

5,579 posts, read 2,878,103 times
Quote:
What lady's son?

This is about a 6 yr. old little girl. A little girl with a medical condition. (sleep apnea). Did you read the link at all?
Sorry, I have to draw the line at being kicked by a 6 year old and give her a free pass for it just because she has sleep problem, or any other problem. Neither I nor anyone else needs to become a punching bag for anyone, whether he has sleep apnea or some other medical need. There was a recent story about a woman who took her autistic son on a plane, where he spent the time lying on the floor and kicking people because that's how he felt comfortable.

I don't excuse that behavior. If it had been my 90 year old mother who was getting kicked, that kid would have been being comfortable on the wing.

Old Yesterday, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Do you have a link citing her previous behaviors? How did you find that out?
I looked for other links and read the comments.

"You all don’t know this child... she may seem very harmless but she’s not! She curses adults, hit teachers, principals and other adults. Please stop acting as if we have the whole picture. Her grandmother is a big part of the problem... she allows this and encourage the behavior and this child is truly acting. I’m not speaking from second hand information. She is truly something else in action. If you all agree that a six year old black or white child should be able to curse, kick, slap and punch teachers or any adult that gets in her way then this country is sad. It’s time for her grandmother to train her up in the way she should go and when she’s older she won’t depart from it. This child is not innocent. The arrest was necessary and valid!"

This sounds much more likely to me.

Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM

7,365 posts, read 2,667,249 times
Quote:
I looked for other links and read the comments. One of the comments was from someone who taught at the school.

Facebook? I'd like to read the comments if you can give a link.

Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM

7,245 posts, read 4,787,993 times
Florida. That explains it. She's lucky she wasn't shot.

Old Yesterday, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Facebook? I'd like to read the comments if you can give a link.
I posted one of them that I got from this link:

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/gr...d-girls-arrest

I stand corrected - I assumed the person taught at the school, but I don't know for sure, so I changed my post. I also went back and posted one comment.

Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM

4,508 posts, read 2,020,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Florida. That explains it. She's lucky she wasn't shot.
Back in the good old days when there was real discipline, she would've been burned at the stake as a witch.

Old Yesterday, 03:06 PM

14,198 posts, read 8,878,908 times
Quote:
From other reports I've read, this isn't the first time this child has acted up. Apparently, she curses and hits teachers and other adults she has a problem with. The people who excuse this behavior today because she's "just 6" are the same people who will wonder why she's a terror at 16, selling drugs, shooting other people, and breaking into their homes.

Should she have been arrested? Well, no. But like the kids who can't go to the bathroom by themselves and wipe their own butts in kindergarten and first grade, this child is obviously not ready to go to school. She either needs special schooling or to stay home. Personally, if I had a child in this girl's classroom and that girl was taking up so much of the teacher's time when that teacher is supposed to be teaching the class, I'd be upset.

By the way, she kicked a teacher and for those who think this is racism, the school resource officer is black.

I still haven't found out yet if the child really has sleep apnea. I think it's kind of suspicious that a child that young would have sleep apnea, but I suppose it could happen. What I'm really thinking here is Grandma, who may not have been the best mother of her own daughter, is now raising the granddaughter and not exactly teaching this child how to be a model citizen either.
The six year old is the size of an eight year old. Throwing her weight around is a way of life for her.
It is very likely there will be news events in her future. Granny will make excuses then, too.

Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM

1,101 posts, read 517,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyman51 View Post
https://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Sc...561063371.html

It doesn't say if the child kicked another student or an adult, but I do not believe that a child this young should be arrested for a tantrum. It also does not say if she just happened to be kicking her feet (like a usual tantrum) and somebody got in her way.

We have a zero tolerance policy at our school if a child uses physical force on somebody, but it is rarely used on a child under 3rd grade, and only then is the child expelled from school, not arrested.
Well, I think lots of the people involved here lacked common sense.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or