U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 04:54 PM

3,700 posts, read 2,472,343 times

Advertisements

https://nypost.com/2019/09/23/mom-th...icidal-father/

A man holding his 5-year-old daughter jumped onto subway tracks in the Bronx during Monday's morning rush, killing himself and leaving the child with a broken leg, a source with knowledge of the investigation tells News 4.

A witness told News 4 that she saw the man, with the girl cradled in one arm, jump in front of the train as it rounded a curve and slowed at the Kingsbridge Road station just before 8 a.m. Further details on the man were not available. His daughter was taken to a hospital; she is expected to be physically OK.

I'm sorry, but what a selfish SOB! If somebody wants to end his/her life, just do it. Don't take an innocent person with you. That poor little girl will be traumatized for a long time. Thank goodness for the man who pulled her out from under.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2019, 05:06 PM

759 posts, read 542,996 times
Yes, this is the best outcome possible in a horrific situation! I hope the girl makes a full recovery. The girl is going to have a story to tell for the rest of her life, that is for sure.

After now reading the story, this does seem to be one of those miracles. It was not her time, so the selfesh SOB failed to do the unthinkable.

One last thing. I do not see anything about a broken leg? The article said she was nearly unscathed, and is standing next to the doll given to her after the accident.

Old 09-23-2019, 05:24 PM

I found another article that describes what happened more in depth. It also has a picture of the father. What really gets me is the mother is defending the father. She said her husband is an angel who loved his children very much. No he is not! He is an evil POS! I do not have a problem with him jumping in front of the train as he had unbearable depression. The problem is trying to take his daughter with him. That in not love, it is pure evil. Shame on the mother too!

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...f5a-story.html

Old 09-23-2019, 05:26 PM

3,700 posts, read 2,472,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
Yes, this is the best outcome possible in a horrific situation! I hope the girl makes a full recovery. The girl is going to have a story to tell for the rest of her life, that is for sure.

After now reading the story, this does seem to be one of those miracles. It was not her time, so the selfesh SOB failed to do the unthinkable.

One last thing. I do not see anything about a broken leg? The article said she was nearly unscathed, and is standing next to the doll given to her after the accident.
I think you could be right. One story says her leg was broken but another news source said she only suffered scratches. She is a very lucky little girl.

Old 09-23-2019, 05:32 PM

22,866 posts, read 14,973,810 times
The mother is suffering from emotional shock. I imagine she will become angry at dead husband at a later date. But she has life experience with him, and she has only known him to love his kids.

I imagine this woman’s emotions are a jumble of strong emotions now. There is no reason to judge her.

I think we can all be thankful the daughter was saved. I hope she is able to cope with the after effects of this experience.

Old 09-23-2019, 05:53 PM

1,398 posts, read 632,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
The mother is suffering from emotional shock. I imagine she will become angry at dead husband at a later date. But she has life experience with him, and she has only known him to love his kids.

I imagine this woman’s emotions are a jumble of strong emotions now. There is no reason to judge her.

I think we can all be thankful the daughter was saved. I hope she is able to cope with the after effects of this experience.
I agree. I think that the mother would be feeling differently if her daughter was killed or more seriously injured. She’ll also be feeling differently in the months and years to follow when she needs to help her daughter through the emotional trauma.

Old 09-23-2019, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post

I do not have any kids of my own, but I love children very much and work in a daycare facility. This man tried to murder a child. Not only a child, but his own. He is a horrible person. If someone tried to murder one of my nieces or nephews, I would hate them immediately. I do not care if it was my brother or my sister, I would hate them. I hate anyone who hurts or attempts to hurt an innocent child.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:13 PM

13,462 posts, read 6,462,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
I found another article that describes what happened more in depth. It also has a picture of the father. What really gets me is the mother is defending the father. She said her husband is an angel who loved his children very much. No he is not! He is an evil POS! I do not have a problem with him jumping in front of the train as he had unbearable depression. The problem is trying to take his daughter with him. That in not love, it is pure evil. Shame on the mother too!

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...f5a-story.html
I do have a problem with the father jumping in front of the train. What he did no doubt traumatized and devastated the train operator.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I do have a problem with the father jumping in front of the train. What he did no doubt traumatized and devastated the train operator.

This is the result of pro-life groups in this country. Nembutal used to be over the counter and it causes a peaceful and painless death in a overdose. It was pulled from the market strictly because of this. People resort to very violent suicides because they do not have the options that they should. If Nembutal was brought back to the market, and you could buy it off the shelf at your local Walgreen's, you would no longer see people jumping in front of trains.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:42 PM

3,338 posts, read 1,001,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
https://nypost.com/2019/09/23/mom-th...icidal-father/

A man holding his 5-year-old daughter jumped onto subway tracks in the Bronx during Monday's morning rush, killing himself and leaving the child with a broken leg, a source with knowledge of the investigation tells News 4.

A witness told News 4 that she saw the man, with the girl cradled in one arm, jump in front of the train as it rounded a curve and slowed at the Kingsbridge Road station just before 8 a.m. Further details on the man were not available. His daughter was taken to a hospital; she is expected to be physically OK.

I'm sorry, but what a selfish SOB! If somebody wants to end his/her life, just do it. Don't take an innocent person with you. That poor little girl will be traumatized for a long time. Thank goodness for the man who pulled her out from under.
Really sad. Glad the child survived. People are really stressed out by the times we are going through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or