U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:17 AM

758 posts, read 541,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
I bet she would have said No. They were staying in separate rooms, apparently.

The fact that such tourist accommodations exist, is scarier than the stupid diver.

You did not read the article. He was not stupid either. I thought it was a very cute way to propose. It was an accident and I feel for him and the bride. RIP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:49 AM

14,062 posts, read 7,660,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
I bet she would have said No. They were staying in separate rooms, apparently.

The fact that such tourist accommodations exist, is scarier than the stupid diver.
You probably should have taken 30 seconds to read the article. She said that she would have said YES!

Old Yesterday, 05:51 AM

10,359 posts, read 5,700,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The quest for likes and attention on social media is driving people to do risky stunts, at costs to their lives.

What was wrong with proposing like everyone else does, on bent knee and giving the ring on her finger on land?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...posal-tanzania
It seems between family and friends they want to make the proposal quite memorable. One brother proposed while riding horses on the beach. A girl friend was proposed to somewhere around Times Square.

So proposing like everyone else may not be quite how you picture it but rather for many various people, quite unique and special.

Now, in this case, I wonder if there was a prenuptial agreement or something.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; Yesterday at 06:07 AM..

Old Yesterday, 05:55 AM

5,965 posts, read 2,448,537 times
I'll write this off to the mysterious hand of Darwin.

Old Yesterday, 06:17 AM

16,164 posts, read 12,573,652 times
Such a sad miscalculation. On The Other Side I do think most people are embarrassed to say how they died.
Most are by accidents I bet...stupid reaching, avoidable slipping, stepping on some precarious thing,
laughing while eating potato chips alone...ha, avoiding a squirrel..
Tennessee Williams must have been very embarrassed.

Old Yesterday, 06:39 AM

35,801 posts, read 19,708,987 times
Were his last words something along the lines of, "Hold my beer..."?

Old Yesterday, 08:30 AM

10,144 posts, read 6,996,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
It seems between family and friends they want to make the proposal quite memorable. One brother proposed while riding horses on the beach. A girl friend was proposed to somewhere around Times Square.

So proposing like everyone else may not be quite how you picture it but rather for many various people, quite unique and special.

Now, in this case, I wonder if there was a prenuptial agreement or something.
Sometimes it's not about how others will feel, but rather, how the gf/future bride will feel. The excitement leading up to, and at the point, and AFTER, can cause some to attempt to think outside of the box and come up with creative ways to propose.
I proposed in the middle of a lake on top of a mountain. No family or friends were around, and there were no cameras. Just us. It was for us (well, especially her), not for attention.

I thought this story was sad, and frankly, I'm surprised he even died like that. Doesn't look to be THAT deep. I am pretty certain I've reached those depths while free-diving myself, without ever being in fear of drowning/

Old Yesterday, 08:36 AM

10,887 posts, read 14,638,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
You did not read the article. He was not stupid either. I thought it was a very cute way to propose. It was an accident and I feel for him and the bride. RIP
Not so much cute as dangerous. Could have been cute if he'd taken proper precautions, worn a tank, or at the very least a snorkel if he only planned on coming right back up and it wasn't too deep. I'm right there with everyone else wondering if he got too disoriented or confused to come up, and how much of that was due to inexperience or lack of knowledge.
Did anyone else find her saying they had 'enjoyed the most amazing bucket list experiences the past few days' to be jarring?

Old Yesterday, 08:43 AM

1,489 posts, read 589,726 times
Darwin award.

Old Yesterday, 10:23 AM

5,617 posts, read 1,124,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Were his last words something along the lines of, "Hold my beer..."?

Which brand of beer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or