U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-26-2019, 12:46 PM
 
17,023 posts, read 20,971,034 times
Reputation: 34062

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I really donít see it as being a cry for attention in this case. They donít seem like the type to be seeking spotlight in that way. Looked more like a quiet, low key couple. Who knows... It just didnít strike me as that.
Quiet, low key people don't post their proposals on the Internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-26-2019, 12:55 PM
 
Location: Seminole County, FL
10,175 posts, read 7,013,351 times
Reputation: 12907
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Quiet, low key people don't post their proposals on the Internet.
On their personal Facebook page? A lot of them do. It's a moment that should be shared with family and friends, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2019, 07:04 PM
 
495 posts, read 127,730 times
Reputation: 701
One less idiot to breed more idiots. Darwin Award winner!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2019, 07:36 PM
 
5,223 posts, read 2,690,770 times
Reputation: 6623
I proposed to my husband in the privacy of our home (apartment at the time) during sex. He said yes. We did not post it on social media. We did not do anything crazy to get likes. It was purely a private matter between us.

This thing with people doing crazy stunts to get likes from total strangers is getting ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2019, 08:18 PM
 
Location: Seminole County, FL
10,175 posts, read 7,013,351 times
Reputation: 12907
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I proposed to my husband in the privacy of our home (apartment at the time) during sex. He said yes. We did not post it on social media. We did not do anything crazy to get likes. It was purely a private matter between us.

This thing with people doing crazy stunts to get likes from total strangers is getting ridiculous.
I did a fun stunt for my proposal. It wasn’t shared on social media, and was not done for likes. It was for her. Not everything is done for “likes”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2019, 02:23 AM
 
802 posts, read 528,777 times
Reputation: 1445
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
One less idiot to breed more idiots. Darwin Award winner!!!
Simpy behavior kills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2019, 05:35 AM
 
17,023 posts, read 20,971,034 times
Reputation: 34062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
On their personal Facebook page? A lot of them do. It's a moment that should be shared with family and friends, no?
Nothing is "personal" once it is posted online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2019, 07:48 AM
 
Location: A Yankee in northeast TN
10,893 posts, read 14,652,405 times
Reputation: 24601
People have been doing proposals and weddings in crazy places for decades, long, long before social media. Sometimes there would be an article in a paper or magazine or occasionally a human interest piece on the nightly news. A lot of times it's done in a place that means something special to the couple involved, where they met or had their first date, maybe some kind of outing involving a hobby they both love like horseback riding or civil war re-enactment, all sorts of crazy things.
Way back in ye olde times I used to date a guy who absolutely loved diving, if he had proposed it might have been something similar (with tanks!) to what this guy did. Nothing new to see here except posting it to FB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2019, 08:27 AM
 
Location: Seminole County, FL
10,175 posts, read 7,013,351 times
Reputation: 12907
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
People have been doing proposals and weddings in crazy places for decades, long, long before social media. Sometimes there would be an article in a paper or magazine or occasionally a human interest piece on the nightly news. A lot of times it's done in a place that means something special to the couple involved, where they met or had their first date, maybe some kind of outing involving a hobby they both love like horseback riding or civil war re-enactment, all sorts of crazy things.
Way back in ye olde times I used to date a guy who absolutely loved diving, if he had proposed it might have been something similar (with tanks!) to what this guy did. Nothing new to see here except posting it to FB.
Exactly.
Like I've been saying, my proposal was a silly stunt, not too far off from this one, and it was not done for "likes" or SM fame. It was for her, for us, and I did it that way because at the time I felt it was special and sentimental, and the place and way it was done was something that meant a lot to both of us.
Had I died doing it (not that I saw much risk in it, but frankly, neither did he, probably... I've free-dived at deeper depths than that) the mere thought of people here saying "Darwinism" and stuff like "This thing with people doing crazy stunts to get likes from total strangers is getting ridiculous" is, well, ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2019, 08:28 AM
 
Location: Seminole County, FL
10,175 posts, read 7,013,351 times
Reputation: 12907
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Nothing is "personal" once it is posted online.
Shared with family and friends (it's what you do when you get engaged, no?) It wasn't shared with strangers until it news about his death came about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top