U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 08:37 AM

17,023 posts, read 20,971,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Shared with family and friends (it's what you do when you get engaged, no?) It wasn't shared with strangers until it news about his death came about.

As I said, once something is posted online it's not personal. Do you not get it was posted by someone it was "shared" with?

You can get engaged without posting it online or doing stupid stunts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 09:29 AM

401 posts, read 917,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I did a fun stunt for my proposal. It wasnít shared on social media, and was not done for likes. It was for her. Not everything is done for ďlikesĒ
If someone had their phone out and at the ready to capture such a time-sensitive event...one does have to wonder.

Old 09-27-2019, 10:21 AM

961 posts, read 260,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
... it does seem strange that Go Fund Me page is necessary so they can get $8000 to get the body back. I know not every attorney is incredibly wealthy, but I thought $8000 would be doable for most, even young ones.....
If I am not mistaken- the goal was to raise $25000 and a few days ago they were close to it.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/funeral-e...-mark-weber-jr

Last edited by Nik4me; 09-27-2019 at 11:49 AM..

Old 09-27-2019, 10:27 AM

21,734 posts, read 17,200,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Quiet, low key people don't post their proposals on the Internet.
Itís a different generation. You canít judge how they do things based on how we wouldíve done things.

Old 09-27-2019, 01:29 PM

17,023 posts, read 20,971,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Itís a different generation. You canít judge how they do things based on how we wouldíve done things.
Regardless of the generation, there is nothing quiet and low key about this.

Old 09-27-2019, 04:43 PM

21,734 posts, read 17,200,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Regardless of the generation, there is nothing quiet and low key about this.
Why does it have to be quiet and low key? Itís just a different time now. I have a friend who helped her son plan a very elaborate and romantic ruse for him to ask a girl to prom...they didnít do it for attention on social media, he just wanted it to be special and the kids donít do things low key today. Obviously just going to this crazy expensive place tells you the man wanted it to be something really really special. I donít think we can assume he wanted attention or praise from anyone but her. And she gets to post to show her friends how awesome he is. No reason to assume negative intentions thatís all Iím saying. It is a different time now.

Old 09-27-2019, 06:02 PM

11,172 posts, read 4,550,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I proposed to my husband in the privacy of our home (apartment at the time) during sex. He said yes. We did not post it on social media. We did not do anything crazy to get likes. It was purely a private matter between us.

This thing with people doing crazy stunts to get likes from total strangers is getting ridiculous.
Well, you've posted it here, and I would call this social media. I'd also call this TMI.

And yes, I would hope you hadn't posted pics of your engagement moment.

Last edited by ClaraC; 09-27-2019 at 06:22 PM..

Old 09-27-2019, 07:32 PM

352 posts, read 97,840 times
From long-term perspective, she definitely gained.

From short-term perspective, she highly likely acquired a lighter form of PTSD, so it may take couple years to deal with the full aftermath, till she's fully cleansed.

But, it's a huge win for the Genetic Pool. For me, this is definitely in Top 10 for Darwin 2019

Regardless, his plan worked - she will definitely remember this even if she lives to 90

What's most disgusting is that she didn't pony up the money and left that burden to his family (not sure how go fund me works, is it like kickstarter that they need to get 100% funded before withdrawal or do they get at least partial amount after the fees?).

I read the article, yet there was no mention of insurance. So, let me get this straight:
1. They paid for plane tickets across the world
2. They paid for luxurious vacation
3. Diamond ring

And they didn't have $200 for insurance ? Wow! I don't go for a week trip to Canada without full insurance, but Tanzania ? Hotel In the middle of the water ? WTF ?!?

Well, some people have their priorities in a very interesting order

Old 09-27-2019, 07:33 PM

507 posts, read 386,890 times
I would never have romantic interest in a person who takes foolish chances with his own, or other's lives. To me, that's a sign thta the person is immature & cannot be relied upon to make wise choices now or in the future. Such a very sad ending to what could have been a very happy beginning. ):

Old 09-27-2019, 08:33 PM

107 posts, read 23,201 times
Seems to me she was sharing her grief with the world because grief can be a difficult thing to bear alone. Word might have also gotten out that a video of him proposing was taken with her phone. We don't know who else was in the room with her when this happened even though we only hear her voice. People do innumerable things when face with grief in the death of a loved one. I don't think we should be judging so harshly.

He made a mistake and it cost him his life. I don't think he needs any awards no matter how mocking. He paid the highest price for his mistake.

Sorry to see this article. Damn sad.

Last edited by Oceanside_M; 09-27-2019 at 08:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or