U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 11:46 AM

5,233 posts, read 3,356,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
I've noticed there's a lot more tough guys on the internet than out there where things are actually happening...
There's always been a factor of 50K to maybe 1 or 2...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2019, 01:43 PM

21,695 posts, read 17,185,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Do you really think it is ludicrous to think that times have changed and you shouldn't just sit idly by and let things happen that could cause your death? wow. smh
This was quite clearly not a terrorist attack. Yes in that situation the plane that got taken down by the passengers over Pennsylvania, yes yes passenger should bite back then. This is not that situation. A passenger who is simply unruly or drunk should be handled by the airlines and the police unless they ask for help or clearly need help. You can’t just take it upon yourself to start beating somebody up. The last thing that airlines want or need is passengers acting like they’re the police.

Old 09-25-2019, 03:21 PM

4,823 posts, read 6,827,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
This was quite clearly not a terrorist attack. Yes in that situation the plane that got taken down by the passengers over Pennsylvania, yes yes passenger should bite back then. This is not that situation. A passenger who is simply unruly or drunk should be handled by the airlines and the police unless they ask for help or clearly need help. You canít just take it upon yourself to start beating somebody up. The last thing that airlines want or need is passengers acting like theyíre the police.
I was referring to the claim about it being ludicrous to even think that it could have been a problem.

thanks for telling me that though I guess haha

Old 09-25-2019, 04:18 PM

1,646 posts, read 1,931,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Well, if he's smoking cigarettes, acting like a lunatic, and then locking himself in a bathroom, I think he's worthy of a good whooping. Never know who's capable of what, with these shoe-bombers and whatnot...
One can use the "Never know who's capable of what" qualifier in a wide range of situations, in an attempt to justify a "whooping". Hope you enjoy courtrooms.

Old 09-25-2019, 04:24 PM

10,170 posts, read 7,007,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS2753 View Post
One can use the "Never know who's capable of what" qualifier in a wide range of situations, in an attempt to justify a "whooping". Hope you enjoy courtrooms.
I never said I'd have whooped him. I said in my book, a whooping would be justified, and that he would have deserved it. Not that I would do it.

Quote:
Me? No, not me. I wouldn't be doing the ass-whooping. I'd leave that to someone who is a little more ill-tempered than I am. All I'm saying is I'm SURPRISED it didn't happen, and that he deserved it; not that I would do it.
Readers are leaders.

Old 09-25-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
Since 9/11 my opinion is someone is acting up on a plane then passengers should intervene. The risk factor is to high to sit still and hope he doesn't take it further.
But this situation was not at that level. If he heads to the cockpit with a fire ax, then yes.

9/11 doesn't give one the right to commit assault aboard an airliner every time there is a disruptive passenger present.

Old 09-25-2019, 04:34 PM

19,011 posts, read 20,982,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLisa83 View Post
American seems to be in the news a lot lately....

---

(CNN)An American Airlines flight was forced to make an unscheduled stop after a male passenger became unruly, punching seats, yelling at other passengers and smoking cigarettes.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/09/22/u...rnd/index.html
The ******* passenger isnít the airlines fault.

Old 09-25-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
I never said I'd have whooped him. I said in my book, a whooping would be justified, and that he would have deserved it. Not that I would do it.

Readers are leaders.
Oh, you're not going to perform the "whooping". I suppose that changes your sentiment entirely.

Old 09-25-2019, 06:06 PM

10,170 posts, read 7,007,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS2753 View Post
Oh, you're not going to perform the "whooping". I suppose that changes your sentiment entirely.
No, it doesnít. My sentiment is that he still deserved a whooping. I donít need jail time, so I wouldnít do it. Only because of that. Otherwise, yes, Iíd kick his ass.

Old 09-26-2019, 04:38 AM

7,865 posts, read 3,216,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferraris View Post
What exactly are you criticizing here? This seems like the best possible outcome. They diverted the flight in order to get a quick police presence and nobody was hurt. Joe citizen attempting to restrain the guy would just escalate the situation.
Right! Being a passenger on a diverted flight is just wonderful. No inconvenience for a hundred others aboard. Just sit there and be passive. Enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or