U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 11:33 AM

5,634 posts, read 2,294,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Thatís one version. I did watch the full video though and the parent did punch the 70 year old bus driver several times in the face. Sheís not an innocent party.

There have been rumors that the bus driver or the para touched a studentís breast while trying to grab her phone as she was filming while the bus was stopped.

The bus driver and aid are on leave. The parent who was arrested has a go fund me and has raised more then $1500.
Yes, but it makes a lot more sense then your version, that the bus driver was just attempting to calm students down, when he was brutally assaulted by a parent.

This is really a society problem, not an individual's problem. Not one single person in that video from the bus driver, to the parents, to the students have any de-escalation skills whatsoever. Not one of them. When I went to school there was endless misconduct by students on school busses. The only difference then and now, is that then people didn't want to escalate every little incident into a full scale riot, ending in people going to jail and/or the hospital. My bus drivers, generally just paid attention to driving the bus and ignored everything that went on behind them. Maybe that was not the best solution, but at least nobody went to jail or the hospital. I never actually saw it happen, but from what I heard from other students at the time, the bus drivers had several options to dealing with disturbances on the bus. 1. If the bus was on the way to the school in the morning, they could continue to the school. There was always a school employee near the bus stop. The bus driver could contact that person, point out which student or students were causing the problems, then the school would deal with it from there. 2. If the bus was taking students home, the driver could turn around and go back to the school, and have the principle remove the students who were causing the problems. Either way, it never escalated past that. Today with all the cameras on school busses, it's even easier. All the bus driver has to do is pull the video and send it to the school. There was no reason for the bus driver to be doing what he was doing. He was just unnecessarily endangering the students himself. He should have let the school sort out the problem later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2019, 11:43 AM

9,909 posts, read 5,955,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Yes, but it makes a lot more sense then your version, that the bus driver was just attempting to calm students down, when he was brutally assaulted by a parent.

This is really a society problem, not an individual's problem. Not one single person in that video from the bus driver, to the parents, to the students have any de-escalation skills whatsoever. Not one of them. When I went to school there was endless misconduct by students on school busses. The only difference then and now, is that then people didn't want to escalate every little incident into a full scale riot, ending in people going to jail and/or the hospital. My bus drivers, generally just paid attention to driving the bus and ignored everything that went on behind them. Maybe that was not the best solution, but at least nobody went to jail or the hospital. I never actually saw it happen, but from what I heard from other students at the time, the bus drivers had several options to dealing with disturbances on the bus. 1. If the bus was on the way to the school in the morning, they could continue to the school. There was always a school employee near the bus stop. The bus driver could contact that person, point out which student or students were causing the problems, then the school would deal with it from there. 2. If the bus was taking students home, the driver could turn around and go back to the school, and have the principle remove the students who were causing the problems. Either way, it never escalated past that. Today with all the cameras on school busses, it's even easier. All the bus driver has to do is pull the video and send it to the school. There was no reason for the bus driver to be doing what he was doing. He was just unnecessarily endangering the students himself. He should have let the school sort out the problem later.
I agree that not one single person in the video showed any de-escalation skills. It got way out of control. It was like a riot.

Old 09-24-2019, 03:32 PM

14,230 posts, read 21,113,822 times
That lady should instantly be arrested and have her azz beat herself. Un-f-ing-believable

Clearly they did not teach their children to respect authority. They should all be suspended from taking the bus.

This is why I do not have kids. I'll be in jail from beating my kids azz for being a part of that whole situation (I live in Denver)

Old 09-24-2019, 04:20 PM

7,263 posts, read 3,999,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressHeat View Post
Can't view the video just yet. But if someone is telling me they're keeping my kid, I won't take that lightly. Likely a messy situation for all involved.
Oh, yeah. Assault is a good thing to teach kids. Great example. It's easy to understand why those kids act the way they do.

That woman needs to go to jail. There's no excuse for behaving that way.

Old 09-24-2019, 04:33 PM

21,681 posts, read 17,178,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
The old man pulled the bus to the curb to wait for the students to calm down. What's wrong with that? That's what my bus driver used to do. It worked,,,, but she was driving civilized children to school.

That group is savage. All of them. There was no reason for them to swarm and beat on an elderly man like that. Period.
30 years ago they wouldíve just sat on the bus until they left. No one had cell phones to quick call their parents over everything.

Old 09-24-2019, 04:59 PM

8 posts, read 1,812 times
It looked like one guy almost went up there to get a piece of the action after the lady started throwing fists, so I'm glad he restrained himself.

During my bus riding years, we've pulled over to the side of the road plenty of times, and rightfully so, for being disruptive. We eventually calmed down and carried on with the rest of our drive. We also had the same driver for several years, and he continued driving the bus years after I had stopped. Even if we saw the guy driving down the street, we'd still throw a wave at him. There was never any hate for one another or threat to get him fired or thrown in jail. Hell, I don't even think anyone told their parents about it and if they did, none of them cared enough to make an appearance. It just wasn't that big of a deal.

I don't know what the full story is here, but I'm sure the 'groping' was unintentional. If there is a camera on board, I guess the story will sort of tell itself.

Old 09-24-2019, 05:06 PM

10,156 posts, read 7,002,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
What color were the wackos?

I saw the vid.
The relevance of this is what, exactly?

Old 09-24-2019, 05:12 PM

I watched the video... She shouldn't have jumped into the bus... But... Why was he grabbing onto children like that? I saw him literally try to yank a girl back into the bus. And she punched him after he started to pull her hair. She retaliated.

If one party is MORE at fault than the other, it's the driver. If the bus was that much of an unruly ****show, he should have called for help, and waited for it to arrive. I'm pretty sure said help would have been there before the kids' parents arrived.

Old 09-24-2019, 10:56 PM

6,629 posts, read 3,091,509 times
The bus drivers responsibility is the safety of the students during transportation. The moment they are in his/her bus they become his duty of care. That is a huge task to secure and be accountable for. The stopped bus was still being safely monitored. The students on board were still his til they disembark. That's the current rules. No kid was in jeopardy. Stopped or in motion the bus driver has trained for safety first.
This parent assaulting him deserves all the charges placed.
Your rights stop at the end of your appendages. Stop thinking otherwise.
There are no de-escalation tactics when the mob mentality ensues.

Old 09-24-2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
The bus drivers responsibility is the safety of the students during transportation. The moment they are in his/her bus they become his duty of care. That is a huge task to secure and be accountable for. The stopped bus was still being safely monitored. The students on board were still his til they disembark. That's the current rules. No kid was in jeopardy. Stopped or in motion the bus driver has trained for safety first.
This parent assaulting him deserves all the charges placed.
Your rights stop at the end of your appendages. Stop thinking otherwise.
There are no de-escalation tactics when the mob mentality ensues.
You donít hold kids for extended periods of time without alerting the parents, ever.

If it was so bad that he had to park the bus for such a length of time, he should have called for help.

She went inside the bus to get her child (after watching him yank/grab another child.) He got physical with her. He pulled her hair and she punched him.

Everything about this video is wrong, from the unruly kids, to his behavior, and then to hers. No way was he in the right on this one.

How would you feel if you went to pick up your child from the bus stop at 3:30, only to be waiting for 30+ minutes with no sign of the child/bus? That would be enough to give any parent a panic attack.

Again, you DO NOT hold kids without first alerting the parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or